Chapter 38

Forever As One

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qE2bEfkitzM

 

"Need any help?" Doojoon asked walking into the bedroom where Mi-Young was struggling with the zip fastening at the back of the dress. http://cache.net-a-porter.com/images/products/191667/191667_ou_l.jpg

"Please," she turned around to give Doojoon access to the zip.

"There," Doojoon turned her back round looked her up and down with admiration. *I can't believe she's mine.* "You look beautiful."

Mi-Young smiled at his comment and leaned forward to plant her lips on his, "shall we go?" she said after she broke the kiss. Doojoon led Mi-Young out the front door and drove her to the club located in Hongdae.

He pulled up outside the club and turned towards Mi-Young in the passenger seat, who looked a little apprehensive.

"Hey Mimi," Doojoon placed his hand on her thigh after noticing her tense expression, "enjoy yourself and I'll pick you up later. Just give me a call okay?"

"Thanks but I'll try and get a taxi back if I can. It's easier."

"You sure?" Doojoon worried.

Mi-Young smiled a reassuring smile, "I'm positive." She leaned over and kissed Doojoon goodbye. She climbed out of the car and shut the door gently. She gave Doojoon a small wave goodbye as he drove off with speed. She could instantly hear the loud music from inside the club.

Mi-Young turned around, with a present bag in her hands containing a Tiifany&Co bracelet, in search for Yoo-Ra and her friends. Not long after, she spotted them chatting amongst eachother with some of them on their cellphones. She shyly walked up to them in her high heels, trying not to fall over.

"Yoo-Ra?"

A beautiful woman in an expensive white dress http://cache.net-a-porter.com/images/products/194768/194768_ou_l.jpg turned around brightly and her face suddenly lit up even more once she saw Mi-Young behind her.

"Mi-Young!" She squealed with excitement and pulling her in for a tight hug, after not seeing her for almost 9 years. "I'm so glad you're here!"

"How have you been?" Mi-Young asked sweetly.

"Good. I've been really good. Let me introduce you to everyone," Yoo-Ra pulled Mi-Young into the middle of the group of ladies, who appeared to be in their late 20's. She felt slightly inferior having to stand next to the gorgeous model-like ladies.

"This is Cho-Hee, Eun-Jung and that's Soo-Jin. Girls, this is Mi-Young, Doojoon's girlfriend." Yoo-Ra introduced. Mi-Young was about to correct Yoo-ra by saying that they were only friends but she liked the way it sounded.

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2B50RUXbs-8

 

"How about we go inside?" Yoo-Ra guided. The five ladies made their way into the VIP area of the club. Champagne and cocktails were laid out on the booth ready for the girls to drink. They squeezed into the booth and all chatted and drank in celebration of Yoo-Ra's 30th Birthday. Even though Mi-Young was very shy and didn't talk much, she felt extremely happy to be hanging out with some girlfriends.

Cho-Hee and Eun-Jung made their way to the dance floor in search for some guys to dance with, whereas, Soo-Jin sat at the booth with Mi-Young and Yoo-Ra until her phone rang causing her to walk off and take the call.

"So, what's it like dating my brother?" Yoo-Ra cheerfully asked Mi-Young, suddenly.

"He's a real gentleman," Mi-young nodded and smiled.

"My parents and I always knew you two would end up dating, even after all these years." Mi-Young knew she shouldn't mention anything about being married as it would make things awkward and anyway, she still was tenchinically dating Doojoon.

Eun-Jung and Cho-Hee skipped over, showing signs of drinking too much. "Come and dance with us!" They both grabbed Yoo-Ra's arms and dragged her to the dance floor.

"Mi-young you come also!" They begged but Mi-Young just replied with a shake of her head and a cute smile.

"Will you be okay for a short while?" Yoo-Ra asked Mi-Young before she left.

Mi-Young brightly nodded, "I'll be fine. Go and enjoy yourself," she insisted as they left. As Yoo-Ra was now married to a canadian man, she wasn't interested in dancing with random guys but still wanted to have a good time dancing with her girlfriends.

Mi-Young sat at the booth sipping her cocktail and watched the other girls dancing to the music. She grabbed her clutch bag and decided to visit the ladies toilet. She strolled over towards the dark hallway leading to the toilets. She entered the toilets and much to her surprise there was a couple making out near the sink. She timidly sneaked into the toilet cubicle and went to the loo. When she had finished, she flushed the toilet and made her way out of the cubicle again.

The couple heard that someone was in the room also and hurried out, feeling embarrassed. Mi-Young looked in the mirror and touched up her make-up ready to head back to Yoo-Ra and the girls. Once she was ready to leave the toilets, she swung open the door and began walking out only to have a strong dark figure push her back in.

The stranger locked the door, making it impossible for any other girls to come inside, and slowly turned around, revealing himself to Mi-Young.

Mi-Young, shocked, dropped her clutch bag at the sight of the familiar face. She bent down and scrambled together all the contents which had fallen out of her bag and tried rushing past the person. However, the person grabbed Mi-Young to stop her from leaving. The more Mi-Young tried to force him off the more weaker and upset she became. He stood directly in front of the door and refused to move.

"What are you doing Yoochun?" Mi-Young accused.

"I've come to fight for you!" Yoochun replied with purpose.

Guilt and pain were taking over Mi-Young's body, as she stood there speechless.

"I've never stopped loving you Mi-Young, not once," confessed Yoochun, with tears forming in his eyes. Mi-Young had never seen Yoochun cry before.

Mi-Young looked to the side as a tear escaped her eye also.

A sudden knock at the door caused the two of them to flinch. "Mi-Young? Are you in there?" Yoo-Ra asked from outside the toilets.

"Go away!" Yoochun spat.

"Mi-Young? Are you okay? Is there a man in there?" Yoo-Ra questioned, worried.

"Who's that?" Yoochun asked Mi-Young.

"Doojoon's sister."

"What do you see in Doojoon anyway?" Yoochun asked, feeling betrayed, still trying to hold the door from being forced open.

"He's a good man Yoochun. I like the way he treats me and I know when he looks into my eyes, he would never hurt me."

"Mi-Young, tell me you don't love me."

"What?" Mi-Young furrowed her eyebrows at the absurd question.

"You look me in my eyes and you tell me you don't love me!" Yoochun threatened.

Mi-Young took a long pause and finally admitted in a shaky voice, "I don't love you anymore Yoochun. Just let me go."

Yoochun's hopeful face suddenly dropped and his world came shattering to pieces knowing he could no longer get Mi-Young back. He relaxed his tense body and from defeat, he unlocked the door to have Yoo-Ra push herself in and rush towards Mi-Young.

"Mi-Young! What happened? Who the hell is he?" Yoo-Ra asked, worried, with an arm around Mi-Young who was shaking from distress.

Mi-Young broke down in tears in Yoo-Ra's arms as she saw Yoochun look at her for the last time, before walking away.

"Let's go meet the others." Yoo-Ra offered.

"I just wanna go home to Doojoon." Yoo-Ra nodded sympathetically in agreement as she could tell how upset and troubled Mi-Young looked.

"I'll call a cab for you."

-------------------

Mi-Young gathered her clutch bag and iPhone together and paid the taxi driver 18,000won for the journey.

She clicked open the front door and stepped into a dark apartment. *I guess Doojoon's already asleep.* She made her way into his bedroom and saw him lying fast alseep on the bed. She could tell he was asleep from his steady breaths. She ped her dress allowing it to slide off her body. She softly climbed into the bed, next to Doojoon, pressing her body against Doojoon and wrapping her delicate arms around his waist, from behind.

She rested her cheek against his back as a tear slid down her cheek. "I love you," she whispered.