Chapter 10

Forever As One

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iiz9VG33AHU

 

The next morning MI-Young woke up especially early to make Yoochun favourite breakfast, a traditional korean one with many dishes. In the white modern kitchen, Mi-Young began to prepare a varities withYoochun's favourite stlye of kimchi, Yeolmu kimchi, which is best serveed with rice. After Mi-Young had finished making Yoochun breakfast, she made her way towards the bedroom where Yoochun was sleeping in a freefall positions soundly before Mi-Young started to gently shake Yoochun to wake him up.

"Yoochun. Wake up. It's 7:20am." Her angelic voice said making Yoochun let out a slight groan.

"Come on. Your shirt's hanging on the door ready and I've made you your favourite breakfast." She persuaded.

"Just give me 10 minutes."

"Sure. See you in a minute." Mi-Young clapped cheerfully as she jumped up and down on the spot.

"Pfft. Child." Yoochun whispered bitterly teased.

"Yah! I heard that!" Mi-Young smiled as she was leaving and hapily skipped to the kitchen.

After waiting for him, Yoochun came in whilst tying his tie.

"Here let me help you." Mi-Young stood up from the breakfast table and made her way over to help Yoochun with his tie. Yoochun gave Mi-Young an intense stare but Mi-Young couldn't work out what he was thinking. Once she had finished she pulled away slowly and looked to the side.

"I actually have some good news! Let's eat before the food eats cold. You won't believe it." Just as Mi-Young had finished her sentence, Yoochun spotted something in the corner of his eye and reluctantly made his way towards the item on the white marble counter.

"What's this?" Yoochun said whilst picking up Doojoon's business card he left for Mi-Young.

"That's the thing I wanted to tell you! Remember that friend that left without saying goodbye after my parents died? Well, he's back!" Mi-Young stood up, walked over to Yoochun and said with a genuine smile on her face, "Isn't that great?"

"So now you're having strange men in my house?" Yoochun accused aggressively whilst getting closer to Mi-Young.

"What? No! He just turned up!" Mi-Young tried to reason.

"What's been going on when I haven't been here?" He accused bitterly.

"Nothing! It's really not like that. It's a misunderstanding. He's just an old friend." She replied slightly confused as how Yoochun was overreacting.

"Then what are you two? lovers? Friends with benefits?" He said raising his voice louder and louder.

"We're nothing! I haven't even seen him since he gave me that card." A shocked Mi-Young answered. "Do you really not trust me?" sounding hurt.

Yoochun looked at Mi-Young disgusted. He then grabbed his briefcase and made his way towards the front door with Mi-Young following him.

"Why do you always turn like this?" She asked sounding more and more hurt, "I've cooked you a breakfast and got your suit ready and you treat me like this?"

"You deserve it! I'm out working and paying for this apartment and the bills while you're  playing around with an old school flame, acting like a little ." Yoochun spat.

That last line was it for Mi-Young. She forcefully slapped Yoochun across the face with her hand and tears filled her eyes.

Yoochun moved closer towards Mi-Young and bitterly whispered in a threatening tone, "I'm going to pretend that didn't just happen," whilst pointing his finger close to her face and then turned around and slammed the front door after leaving.

Mi-Young whiped her tears away, not wanting to waste any energy on that man she calls her husband and began clearing away all the breakfast she made for him and threw it in the rubbish bin. *Maybe I'll go and have a chat with Eun-Bi about Yoochun. She'll give me some advice.*

She later on decided that she would go and visit her sister at work, so she got changed into a pair of white shorts, pale blue blazer and a pair of heels and made her way to Eun-Bi's office building. Eun-Bi worked at a company which organised corporate events such a meetings and conferences.

Ring ring. Ring ring.

"Hello?" Eun-Bi answered her office phone.

"Miss Kim, your sister is here to see you." Her secretary replied.

"Send her in." Eun-Bi said whilst signing some documents.

A couple minute passed and Mi-Young slowly poked her head round her office door, "are you busy?"

"Busy enough. What's up?" Eun-Bi answered bluntly whilst standing up and offering a chair to Mi-Young at the sitting area of her office, "oh, before you say anything, are you going to Doojoon's house warming party this evening?"

Mi-Young sat there looking confused, "I didn't know, I wasn't invited." She admitted giving a weak smile.

"I'm sure he just forgot. You should go. I'm going. It'll be fun. I hear there's going to be lots of rich bacelors there. Maybe this will be my chance to meet someone, Bring Yoochun!" giving Mi-Young a wink.

Mi-Young gave a nervous giggle and stoof up, "I should let you get back to work. You look busy." After slightly bowing, she walked out of the office."

"Oh wait. What did you want to talk to me about?" Eun-Bi said acting interested.

Mi-Young turned around slowly, "it's nothing to worry about."

"Okay then. See you tonight hopefully." She cheerfully replied and waved her goodbye.

At 5:30pm Mi-Young arrived home, she saw a familiar figure laying on the sofa reading the newspaper. Mi-Young slowly approached him warrily as she didn't know what kind of mood he was in. Just as she was about to turn away, a floorboard creeked and he suddenly shot up.

"Mi-Young," He said sounding surprised.

"Yoochun. What are you doing home so early?" She replied with a baffled expression.

"Why? Expecting someone?"

Mi-Young wasn't in the mood to argue and walked away.

"Wait," Yoochun reacted quickly grabbing her arm almost sounding apologetic but still not apologising, "I got off early from work. Let's go to this party tonight," whilst holding up the house warming invitation which showed the party started at 8pm.*I was invited* she thought touched.

"Why? You don't even know Doojoon. It would'nt be much fun."

"But he's a friend of yours right? Anyway, he sent it through the door, so he must want both of there right?"

*Doojoon doesn't even know I'm married. How can I go? What do I do?*

"Look, we won't stay long. Let's go have some fun!" Yoochun insisted.

"Fine. I'll go and find something to wear." Mi-Young replied with a apprehensive look and walked into their bedroom with her leather handbag swinging from her hand. *Why is he suddenly being nice?*

"Great. We'll leave about 7:30pm. Traffic can be such a on a Friday night." He said as he lounged back down on the white sofa going back to finish reading the newspaper.

*This will be fun* she thought sarcastically.