Chapter 17

Forever As One

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPU-moU5xL8

 

It was a Wednesday morning and Yoochun had left for work early, when the access phone rang. Mi-Young picked up and answered, "Hello, Mrs Park speaking."

"Hello Mrs Park, I have a special delivery item here for you which needs a signature. It looks like an invitation of some sort."

"Thanks, I'll come straight down and get it." She replied politely and gently letting go of the buzzer to speak into and quickly ran downstairs.

As she arrived at the front door, the postman was waiting there with some post in his hand.

"Mrs Park?"

"Yes, that's me," she signed for the letter and made her way back upstairs, "Thank you."

Back in the apartment she carefully opened the letter and took out an invitation.

Dear Mi-Young

For my 25th birthday I am inviting a few friends to join me at Club Answer at 21:30 on Saturday 26th May. I hope you can make it.

- Doojoon.

P.s- bring Yoochun, I want to meet him.

*Hmm, that's tomorrow. Do I really have to bring Yoochun? Maybe if I go but just don't tell Yoochun anything about it.* Mi-Young contemplated throwing it in the rubbish while holding the invitation in her hand. She finally threw the invitation away but went over to her handbag and made a note in her diary of the time and location of Doojoon's party. *Maybe I'll just go for a bit. What harm could it do?*

That evening, Yoochun came home around 8pm, which was later than usual. The front door clicked open and a tired, dishevelled looking Yoochun walked in with his tie pulled lose and his suit jacket draped over his shoulder. He heard the crashing of pans in the kitchen and rushed towards the noise, only to find Mi-Young kneeling on the floor surrounded by saucepans.

"What the hell happened in here?" Yoochun asked staring at Mi-Young and the mess scattered around her.

She gave an awkward smile and a nervous laugh, "they all fell out the cupboard." To Mi-Young's surprise Yoochun bent down and held out his hand to help Mi-Young up.

"So, what's for dinner?" Yoochun nodding towards the sauce bubbling on the stove.

"Umm...I was making us spaghetti carbonara for dinner but it seems to have been ruined," Mi-Young admitted with a sad smile.

"How about I throw it away then and I cook us something? What do you fancy?" He asked with a wide smile whilst rolling up his shirt sleeves. Mi-Young felt really happy that Yoochun was finally acting like his normal self again. She admirably watched Yoochun as he got the ingredients out of the fridge. *I missed him acting like this. Like a husband.*

"What are you cooking?" she asked curiously as she tried to peek over the marble work-surface.

"Oi! No peeking missy. Get back behind that counter you," he playfull smirked.

*It feels like old times. Just us two. Having fun.*

"So you definitely don't want to eat this?" Yoochun asked as he held up the pasta sauce in the saucepan. Mi-Young gave a disgusted look towards the conjeeled sauce and shook her head. Yoochun made his way over to the rubbish bin and pressed down the bin peddle with his foot making the lid lift up. He was about to throw away the sauce when he spotted something amongst the waste. Doojoon's party invite. He slowly picked up the invitation and threw the sauce away while still looking at the invite in his other hand. He turned around to face Mi-Young, who was now standing up straight with a blank expression on her face with wide eyes, and asked, "what's this?"

There was silence and no reply from Mi-Young. Yoochun suddenly slammed his fist against the marble surface, "I SAID WHAT'S THIS!?" Yoochun shouted in a demanding tone causing Mi-Young to flinch at the loud noise.

Mi-Young let out a deep sigh with regret and said whilst looking down at the floor, "it's an invitation to Doojoon's birthday party tomorrow night." Yoochun slowly walked up to her in a smug, cocky way.

"So you were going to go to the party by yourself and have fun with everyone and not tell me?" accused Yoochun.

"It's not like that! I just thought you wouldn't want to go!" Mi-Young tried to explain.

"Was it that? Or was it because you didn't want me meeting the guy who you are having an affair with?"

Mi-Young had had enough and was about to walk off but Yoochun grabbed her upper arm with force and pushed her back so she was standing in front of him again.

"I haven't finished talking with you," he said bitterly.

"What's there to talk about? The fact that you don't trust me?" making no eye contact with him.

"We're going to that party together. Whether you like it or not." Yoochun point to make his point clear letting go of her arm and slightly pushing her away as he left the kitchen and slammed the bedroom door with outrage. *Maybe it'd be easier if I was actually having an affair with Doojoon. God!* A frustrated Mi-Young thought with anger.

---------------

The next day came quickly. Last night was the first time Yoochun and Mi-Young hadn't slept in the same bed. Yoochun set his bed up on the sofa while Mi-Young had the double bed. *I need some retail therapy.* She decided to get dressed and spend the day in Myeongdong, with her own money to spend, and buy a new outfit for Doojoon's birthday that evening.

She caught the subway and started to look around the shops. She tried on nearly all the dresses in one shop; some being too short, some too formal, other's too ty showing too much cleavage, which Mi-Young didn't like. *Ahh, this is hopeless. I'm never going to find anything by tonight!* Normally, she wouldn't even bother looking in Shinsegae department store store but once she saw this one dress in the window, she knew it would be ideal for Doojoon's birthday.

http://cache.net-a-porter.com/images/products/182673/182673_fr_l.jpg
http://halloweencostumes.costumestore.com/117701_01_Lg.jpg

"Thank you Mrs Park, we hope to see you again," the cashier politely bowed and handed the bags to Mi-Young. The shopping bags contained Mi-Young's new glittery dress, the pair of black heels and a grey Abercrombie fitted shirt for Yoochun.

"Thank you, bye!" She replied with a small polite bow and left the shop. She sat down on a bench in the street for a while and decided where she would go next. *. I haven't even got Doojoon a present. I guess that's my next stop.*

Mi-Young looked everywhere for the perfect gift. She was about to give up after 3 long hours of looking when she realised that Doojoon never wore a watch. *Maybe he doesn't have one.* She thought in a hopeful way and headed of towards Lotte department store where the elite shopped.

She finally spotted a simple, black leather Tag Heuer watch which she knew would be perfect for Doojoon. She made it especially special by getting 'My Saviour' engraved on the back, showing him how much he meant to her. *I guess the only thing I need now is for tonight to run smoothly.*