Chapter 26

Forever As One

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuE7WjPzCkc

 

The following morning, Yoochun slept through his alarm and only the sound of the heavy rain hitting against the window woke him up. He stretched on the bed and reached over, hoping to feel Mi-Young's warm body next to him, only to find an empty cold space. *.* He jumped out of bed and noticed the Mulberry luggage bags were missing from behind the door. He took a quick look at her dressing table and saw her perfume and make-up bag was gone also. "!" he shouted as he kicked the white dressing table stool over, realising Mi-Young had left.

He rushed out the front door, still dressed in the grey sweatpants he slept in, grabbing his phone and keys on way, in search of Mi-Young. He frantically dialled her number and put the phone to his ear as he entered the elevator. "Pick up pick up pick up," he mumbled to himself hoping she would answer the phone but the number went straight to voicemail. He started his new black mercedes and drove round to Eun-Bi's hoping Mi-Young would've gone there.

"Yoochun, surprise...surprise..." Eun-Bi smirked.

Yoochun pushed passed Eun-Bi's arm and rushed into her apartment "Is Mi-Young here?"

"Why? What do you want?" Asked Eun-Bi still with a sly smile.

"Eun-Bi I don't have time for your games! Do you know where she is?" He desperately pleaded in her face with his hands on each of her shoulders.

She could see how serious he was but she refused to tell him; afterall, she didn't owe him anything. "Nope, sorry. I have no idea," she lied, letting Yoochun believe her; even though she had received a text from Mi-Young that morning saying she had gone to Doojoon's. He slumped down onto the armchair and let out a frustrated groan.

"What the hell am I going to do?" he rhetorically asked with his head in his hands.

"Forget her for the moment. I mean what has she ever done for you? What does she deserve which I don't?" Eun-Bi said with a jealous tone, walking closer to where Yoochun was sitting.

"She's done everything for me. Why has it come to this? We were happy before you came into the picture." Yoochun spat.

Eun-Bi bent down in front of Yoochun and looked at him with a scowl, "I think you're forgetting that I'm the one who introduced you two. Anyway, at the time of your stupid mistake with investing all that money from your company in shares and losing it, I was there to help you with a solution!" She reminded Yoochun, trying to make him feel guilty.

"You knew there was no way out so you bribed me to having with you! If Mi-Young knew that you were really like!" Yoochun clenched his fist and jaw with anger, causing Eun-Bi to let out an amused laugh.

"And you think you're any different. You've been having an affair with me for 2 years," she pointed out, "you may think I'm conniving, evil and manipulative but you're exactly the same..." Eun-Bi's comment made Yoochun furious but before he react, Eun-Bi seductively placed a kiss on the side of Yoochun's lips and started to leave the room.

"Why are you doing this?" he called after her, wanting an explanation after all these years.

She slowly turned around, looked at Yoochun with a dead-pan face and glumly said, "she stole you from me. You know what hurt most back then, was that you completely forgot about me. You never came round to visit me, only her. Do you know how hurtful it was to hear you guys late at night in her bedroom? I could hear everything! I loved you so much," anger and pain overcame Eun-Bi who now had tears in her eyes, that were threatening to fall. She wiped them away and straightened herself up, "don't get me wrong, now I couldn't care less about you," she confessed evilly and walked away confidently into her bedroom, slamming the door closed.

---------------

"You can stay here as long as you like, okay?" Doojoon said, handing Mi-Young a cup of tea. She sat patiently on the bed, in just a white shirt of his, as he dryed of her hair with a towel, from the downpour outside.

"Thank you. It means a lot." She thanked.

"You mind telling me what the fight was about?" curiously asked Doojoon, hoping the question wouldn't be too sensitive.

"Just the same stupid reason as it always is. We argue about something stupid, it gets out of hand and he becomes violent. I guess I should be use to it now huh?" She confessed letting out a nervous giggle.

"Violent? Why? What has he done to you?" Doojoon asked concerned, searching Mi-Young's face for answers.

Mi-Young realised what she just admitted and tried to cover it up quickly, "umm...nothing, are you sure you don't have work today?" trying to change the subject.

Doojoon let out a sigh and a slight smile of admiration as Mi-Young never liked feeling sorry for herself. He thought for a moment about how to put a smile on her face until a crazy idea crept into his mind. "How about we take trip somewhere?"

"Right now?" Mi-Young asked surprised at his sudden proposal.

"Yeah. We hop on a train somewhere and stay for a few nights and then we can come back to Seoul having forgotten everything." He said seriously.

"I don't want to forget everything Doojoon. I want everything to be alright," replied Mi-Young with a depressed look on her face.

"Everything will be alright. I promise you. Remember what I told you before we went on that really high ride at the theme park; I'll protect you."

A sad smile crept onto Mi-Young's face as she got hold of Doojoon's hand, who was now sitting beside her on the bed, "you mean it?"

"I mean it" Doojoon confirmed, her soft dainty hand with his fingers and looking into her eyes with love. Mi-Young thought back to the past 3 years of marriage which wasn't what she had expected it to be. The pain and the tears all came running back to her. *Do I really deserve this?*

She suddenly stood up with a grin and a jump, "so when can we leave?" causing Doojoon to smile with satisfaction at her decision to go on the short vacation.

"Go get changed and then we'll leave," Doojoon said. Mi-Young skipped towards the bathroom and got dressed into something more comfortable for travelling. http://cache.net-a-porter.com/images/products/169229/169229_ou_l.jpg and Doojoon wearing something casual also. http://www.mrporter.com/images/products/304184/304184_mrp_ou_l.jpg

"The next train Danyang will arrive in 4 minutes." Doojoon figured out by searching at the timetable on the train station brick wall. He sat back down, under the shelter, next to Mi-Young who was reading her book with her reading glasses on and her hair pinned back into a half tie, with still a lot of her silky brown hair flowing in warm wind as rain fell heavily onto the train track.

"Have you ever been to Danyang before?" Mi-Young asked, hoping he would know where he was going.

"No, but it's meant to be beautiful. That's if this rain will ever stop."

She curiously stared at Doojoon's face, which she seemed to do a lot of the time, and wondered what her life would've been like if she did marry him instead. "You know you're my best friend right?"

"I hope so. You didn't come on this trip because you hated me did you? Anyway, why'd you ask?" Doojoon lightly joked.

"I just wanted you to know," a soft smile appeared on Mi-Young lips.

'Platform 2 for the 12:23 train to Danyang-Gun.' The station master annouced with a mono-tone voice.

Doojoon carried Mi-Young's luggage bags onto the train and the two of them founds seats next to eachother.

"Make yourself comfortable, because it's a long 4 hour jounrey from here." Doojoon mentioned, resting his head back on the head-rest and closing his eyes.

Mi-Young peered out of the window as rain pummeled against the train's window pane. Doubt came over her as she questioned herself if she was making the right decision of not telling Yoochun where she was going. As the train bgan to leave the station, she realised there was no going back and that she had to enjoy the time she was going to have away with her best friend. She looked over at Doojoon, who was sleeping with his mouth slightly opened, and snuggled into his shoulder and let herself drift off to dreamland.