Chapter 7

Forever As One

Listen to this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYw7eJYadco and this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L89ynZV1NHA&feature=related at the same time ^^

 

The sound of rain and thunder woke Mi-Young from her deep sleep. She looked out the window and thought *what crap weather. Especially on my birthday* and then glanced at her clock on her bedside table reading 7:18am'. Even though Mi-Young was now 24 year old, she could feel the excitement in her body as it was her birthday. *Excellent! I can hear Yoochun hasn't left for work yet.* Mi-Young could hear various noises outside the bedroom door, which made her more excited. Without thinking anymore, she lept out of bed and rushed out the door and saw a sight she wasn't expecting a suitcase and a hold-all bag on the floor by the front door. With that, Yoochun walked out from the kitchen and towards the coat cupboard holding his cell phone and keys but stopped when he noticed Mi-Young standing quietly, with a smile on her face, by the bags in her nightie.

"Mi-Young. I thought you would've slept in late, like usual." Yoochun remarked.

"Well, I was just too excited about my birthday. Sounds childish huh? So where are you taking me?" She replied still with a bright smile on her face.

"Huh? Taking you?" a confused Yoochun asked.

"The bags. Where are we going?"

"We're not. I am, however, going on a business conference to Osaka."

"What? Today? But it's my birthday..." Mi-Young asked now being the confused one but was thinking she had heard all wrong, hoping this was all a joke of his but deep down she knew.

"My plane leaves in 2 hours, so I need to get going." Yoochun said as he picked up his luggage bags, "Oh and happy birthday," he added with a kiss on Mi-Young's forehead.

"Are you being serious right now?" Mi-Young couldn't believe what she was hearing.

"I know and I'm sorry but this is important and anyway, just call your sister. You guys can do something together." Yoochun answered in a relaxed tone.

"You promised to take me to that fancy, new restaurant. We planned it ages ago. Do you really expect me to spend my birthday alone?" She was on the verge on crying.

"I said I'm sorry alright? For God's sake! This is too much! I can't be dealing with this right now." Yoochun shouted with a angry tone and with that a tear escaped Mi-Young's eye, "Great, here come the crocadile tears. Look, I'll see you 2 days." Yoochun slammed the front door shut with a bang leaving Mi-Young in the hallway frozen with sadness with tears rolling down her milky white cheeks.

She slowly made her way to her bed, where she just lay for hours watching the rain hit the window pane. *Why does he make me feel worthless all the time. Am I nothing to him?* Soon enough, she drifted off the sleep.

3 hours had passed and Mi-Young was soon awoken by the text message tone on her cellphone. She carefully felt aound for the phone with her eyes still half shut and opened message left by her sister, Eun-Bi.

'Happy 24th Birthday!!
Sorry I won't see you today,
I out of town with a client but
when I'm back in a few days,
I'll take you out for drinks.

Eun-Bi <3 xx'

Mi-Young began to think about how happy she was before she tied the knot with Yoochun and that marriage changed everything in their relationship, and not for the better as she was slowly beginning to resent Yoochun. *What am I still doing here if he doesn't appreciate me?* With that, Mi-Young decided to pack her bags and get out of Seoul for a little while; even if it was just a week, she would feel refreshed. She rolled out of bed sleepily and made her way over to the fitted wardrobe and pulled out all her favourite outfits and threw them on the bed without any hesitation. She then needed a suitcase but the only suitcase she had was on the very top shelf. *I guess that'll have to do.* She stood tip-toed on a chair she had dragged over and starting to tug the suitcase with great force when all of a sudden, a cardboard box landed on her head, knocking her off the chair and landing on the cold tiled floor. *. This day just gets better and better.* she thought sarcastically.

Mi-Young just stayed kneeling down for a while, deep in thought, until she saw the cardboard box out of the corner of her eye. It's contents are spread out everywhere after it had fallen and various photographs were facing downwards on the cold floor. She slowly picked one up with ease and carefully turned it around carefully scanned the picture in much sorrow and sadness. She sat there helplessly looking at all the old photogrpahs, which had fallen out of the box labelled 'old memories,' and in the photographs pictured two 15 year olds, Mi-Young and a handsome guy with dark hair smiling happily.
 

Flashback

"I'm not going on that ride! It's way too high!" Mi-Young exclaimed as she looked up at the big rollercoaster with people screaming on it as it went round the track.

"You'll be fine. I'm here," her best friend replied.

"But....but what if....what if it gets stuck or if...if it runs out of power?" Mi-Young stuttered nervously.

"Look," he said whilst standing in front of her, holding shoulders with both of his hands, "I'm not going to let anything happen to you. I'll protect okay?"

"Promise?" she reaosned whilst holding out her pinkie.

"I promise." Joining their pinkies together and the two of them made their way over to the queue.

End of flashback
 

*I forgot how happy I was with him. You were my best friend, so why did you have to leave me?* Mi-Young sighed heavily and a sudden burst of anger came over her and she grabbed all the photographs, chucked them in the box and threw it under the bed with force. She then abandoned the idea of spending some time away. *I'm not like these people, I'm not going to run away when times get hard.*

The rest of the day Mi-Young intended to keep herself busy by cleaning the house, as it was still heavily raining, but whenever she would try, she found herself lounging on the sofa thinking of the past years when her parents were alive and when her best friend could protect her.

*Yoon Doojoon, will I ever see you again?* Mi-Young wondered.