Yoochun

Forever As One

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSZUo5U0LCI

 

Mi-Young gave Doojoon a questioning expression.

"Please. Just do it," he repeated with a knowing look.

Mi-Young walked into the bedroom and threw on some casual clothes, hoping they'd be suitable for where-ever Doojoon was taking her. http://cache.net-a-porter.com/images/products/189079/189079_ou_l.jpg She threw her handbag over her shoulder and walked out into the hallway, where Doojoon was leaning against the wall, waiting.

"You ready?" He asked as she grabbed his car keys.

Mi-Young nodded, "can you tell me where we're going?"

"I can't but I promise you, you won't regret it."

It was a long car journey to Incheon beach, where Doojoon was planning to meet Yoochun. Mi-Young didn't say much the entire journey but Doojoon knew something was troubling her.

"You mind telling me what's on your mind?"

*I remember Yoochun took me on this journey the day he asked me to be his girlfiend.* Mi-Young snapped out of her daze and looked at Doojoon was driving, concentrating on the road. "N..n...it's nothing," she said lied and went back to looking out the window. Doojoon awkwardly coughed and carried on driving.

It was killing him that he was taking Mi-Young to save her marriage.

After a tedious 2 hours in the car, Doojoon pulled into a dusty car park on the sea front. He parked next to a small shack which had the sign 'Cafe' written on a handmade sign outside. Mi-Young soon became aware of where she was. She leaned forward and looked out the window at the familiar place.

The beach, which was directly located in front of the cafe, looked beautiful as the sun was beginning to set. Memories of Mi-Young's childhood came flooding back to her. The laughter, love and happiness she shared with her family and Yoochun were suddeny all she remembered. All her worries seemed to have disappeared. It's as if the colours and intensity of the light were just enough to calm her.

Doojoon turned the car engine off and the two of them stared out to sea, not saying a word but absorbing the comfortable silence.

"I want you to get out and walk over to Sindo creak. it's 5 minutes that way," Doojoon instructed and pointed in the direction of a pathway with a few pine trees either side of it. "You know the way right?"

"Are you going to meet me there?" She asked, not understanding what was going on.

Doojoon shook him head slowly, "no, I'm not," she admitted, and rest his elbows on the steering wheel.

Mi-Young looked at Doojoon with a confused expression, "Doojoon..."

"I want you to just do as I tell you. Please," he interrupted with a stern voice.

"What's going on?"

"Please just get out."

"I thought you loved me."

"I'm doing this because I love you. You have to understand that."

Mi-Young reluctantly reached for her handbag, opened the car door and began to get out.

"Mi-Young," Doojoon suddenly grabbed her arm and looked at her. She looked back at him unfazed. "I love you, so much," he said, as if it would be the last time.

Mi-Young had no idea how to respond so she just politely bowed her head and got out the car, shutting it behind her. She Looked at Doojoon through the car window with him looking sadly back at her. The two gazed at eachother for a short while until Doojoon couldn't take it anymore. He the ignition and speedily drove off, causing dust to blow up from the cars wheels.

Setting off down the path, warily, Mi-Young took one last glance back to see Doojoon's car racing away. She sighed and carried on following the path until it reached a small wooden gate which led onto the sand. She opened the gate, which made a creak, causing a dark figure on the beach to stand up from the ground and face Mi-Young. Pain reached Mi-Young's heart from seeing her love again but she also felt at ease. She wasn't scared anymore.

She walked over with pride, not wanting Yoochun to witness her weakness.

"You came..." Yoochun softly spoke, his eyes not leaving Mi-Young.

She replied with just a small nod and soon looked away from his gaze. Her vision soon became fixated on something beside Yoochun.

A picnic blanket was laid out neatly on the sand with various types of snacks placed on top of it; finger sandwiches, fruit salad and Mi-Young's favourite, chocolate covered strawberries. She snapped out of her gaze and stared coldly at Yoochun, who was nervously standing beside her, with his hands in his pockets.

"What is this?" Mi-Young asked bluntly.

"Do you remember, I took you here on our first"

"date. Yes I remember."

*How could I forget that wonderful moment. He asked me to be his girlfriend.* She sighed and gathered up her courage. "You think just because you've done this, it'll make me forgive you?"

"No, just I'm hoping it will help a little bit," he gave her a soft, hopeful smile and looked down at her with apologetic eyes. He reached out for her hand and gently took hold of it. "I can't lose you Mi-Young. You mean everything to me. I admit what I did was unforgivable but I just want you to know that I only did it so we could have a better life. I never wanted to make you ashamed of me and that meant me keeping my job at the company."

Mi-Young didn't know what to think. She was trying to take everything in but she knew the moment she saw Yoochun again, she didn't want to say goodbye. She slowly closed her eyes to absorb everything Yoochun had said but a tear slowly escaped her eye and slid down her delicate cheek.

Yoochun placed his hand on her cheek and carefully wiped away the tear. "Don't cry, please," he said slowly. Mi-Young gradually opened her eyes and looked up at Yoochun with a vulnerable expression, making Yoochun want to protect her for as long as he lived.

He leaned in, placing his hand behind her neck, and kissed her soft lips. He forgot what it was like to kiss an angel but now he was experiencing it again; making him the most grateful man in the world.

Mi-Young slightly pulled back and looked into his eyes for answers. Yoochun wasn't sure what to say but he didn't let Mi-Young out of his grasp. He forcefully pulled her in for a tight, embracing hug, wrapping his strong arms around her tiny figure. Mi-Young nestled her head into his chest as he buried his head into the crook of her neck.

She knew everyone deserved a second chance and maybe that's why she took Yoochun back and maybe one day her and Eun-Bi can laugh again, like before. She wouldn't know any time soon but she was just glad to have Yoochun hold her again.

Mi-Young laid next to Yoochun on the picnic blanket with her head resting on his chest, watching the sunset. Mi-Young thought about how happy she had become that very moment Yoochun's lips touched hers and how she was never going to turn her back on the man she loved ever again.

"The whole time I was apart from you, I felt as if someone had taken all the oxygen away from me. I couldn't breathe. To be honest with you, before this entire thing happened I was scared to show you how much you mean to me. The first time I met you I may have seemed confident but inside I was terrified to talk to you. You can make any man go weak at the knees by just a 'hello'. But even now, I'm scared to open up to you just because I feel that there would no guy in this world to ever deserve a treasure like you. You, Mi-Young, are my star."

Yoochun's confession touched Mi-Young deeply. "We have a lot to work at but I feel everything will be different this time; no lies, no secrets, just you and me; forever as one."