Chapter 24

Forever As One

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnJ38EBOSxY

 

Mi-Young released a heavy sigh out of boredom, knowing Yoochun wouldn't be back until late that night, and tried to decide what she would do with her day. To be honest, all Mi-Young wanted to do is sleep but she figured that wouldn't be very productive and went to have a shower and get dressed. She took her time to get ready as no-one was there to hurry her alone like usual.

She chose to wear a baggy knit cardigan and denim shorts which showed off her stunning legs and a her was styled into a neat braid. http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lzhn2mJ2t91qctel0o1_500.png She decided to make a surprise visit to her best friend at work, Doojoon, as she hadn't heard from him since the meal yesterday evening. She walked to his photography gallery as it was only a short 20 minutes away, located in Garosu-Gil, and on her way stopped off at a japanese cafe to pick up a selection of sushi for Doojoon.

She walked through the back streets until she recognised the name of the gallery that she had previously read from Doojoon's business card. Mi-Young looked up at the gallery building, took off her oversized Chanel sunglasses and entered through the double glass doors. The gallery was simple but had various types of photographs hanging on the walls. http://ny.racked.com/uploads/2009_06_morrisonhotel.jpg

"Hello, I'm here to see Mr Yoon Doojoon," Mi-Young leant over the recdeption desk and told the secretary with a bright smile.

"And your name Miss?"

"Mi-Young. Mrs Mi-Young Park," she politely replied.

The lady at the counter eyed Mi-Young up and down thinking how young she was to be married but that was none of her business, "I'm sorry but I'm afraid it's appointments only today."

"But I'm his best friend. Are you sure he hasn't even got a spare 5 minutes?"

The receptionist, feeling bad, shook her head, "I'm sorry but Mr Yoon is a very busy man. Can I leave a message for him?"

"No, it's okay. Thank you anyway," Mi-Young dejectedly responded walking away feeling disheartened.

"Mi-Young wait!" a familiar voice called.

"Doojoon..." Mi-Young turned around and saw her best friend dressed in a white shirt and a pair of smart jeans with an iPad in his hand, "I'm sorry, I didn't realise you were busy all day. I should've called."

"What a pleasant surprise this is," a cheerful Doojoon exclaimed.

"I was hoping you could join me for lunch," Mi-Young said and lifted up the sushi carrier bag with the food in, hoping he would accept her offer.

Doojoon stood there thinking for a moment but smiled when he saw her hopeful face and couldn't let her down. He nodded slowly still mesmerized by her beautiful face, "sure. I've just got to finish this meeting. I'll be about 15 minutes, is that alright?"

Doojoon could tell Mi-Young was happy with his decision. "I'll wait here for you," Mi-Young said and walked over to the seating area where clients would usually wait.

"Feel free to have a look around," Doojoon suggested before he walked back into his office.

Mi-Young slowly wandered around the photo gallery admiring the beautiful photographs on the wall all taken by Doojoon. She felt extremely proud to a friend of his when he had this much talent. It really was a gift. 

In the photographs there were images of people who appeared to be families, smiling, laughing happily. *It's a shame I'll never laugh like that with my family again,* she sadly thought and moved onto the next photo, which took her by surprise. Mi-Young stood there stunned looking at a photograph she would've never expected to see. In the photograph was two smiling teenagers with their arms around each other. It was the exact same photo that Mi-Young found at home, of her and Doojoon. It was edited so that there were hundreds of the same photograph had been changed to various colours to make up the same huge photograph. (I hope that makes sense. similar to this, http://bestgiftsfor.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/Photo-Mosaic1.jpg )

After sometime, Doojoon appeared from his office with a man and a woman who were smartly dressed. He shook their hands and thanked them very much for their business, "I'll post those off as soon as possible. Pleasure doing business with you."

Doojoon spotted Mi-Young in the corner, who was still focused on the image of the both of them. He slyly wandered over to her and placed his hands over her eyes from behind. "Guess who?" he teased in a deep voice as a disguise.

Mi-Young decided she would play along, "hmm, I hope you're rich and handsome, otherwise you can forget it. Let's go before that Doojoon guy comes back," she joked trying to hold her giggle.

"Yah!" Doojoon asked annoyed but cutely, thinking she wasn't joking. He pulled her around by her shoulders so they were closely facing each other, "who else were you expecting?"

Mi-Young rolled her eyes and started to walk out of the front doors thinking how childish he was, "idiot..." she put on her sunglasses with a cute smile, "you don't have to.worry. You'll always be number 1." What Mi-Young didn't know what how touched Doojoon was by the last comment. He stood there stunned by her elegance and such class he had never seen before.

"Helloooo.....? Doojoon...." Mi-Young called lightly trying to get his attention. She softly poked his cheeks, bringing his back to reality, "what's wrong with you? You look like you've seen a ghost... anyway, how about we go and sit in the park and eat the sushi I brought?" Mi-Young skipped cheerfully towards the park, with the sun of her soft skin and the cool summer breeze in her long locks.

The two best friends sat next to each other on a wooden bench in the cool shade under a willow tree, sheltering them from the blazing sun. "Here. I brought a selection of you're favourite and my favourite," she said as she took out the boxes containing the sushi and handed it to Doojoon, casually who sat there, his head back with his RayBan wayfarer's on enjoying the cool breeze. Mi-Young could't take her eyes off him. She slightly gazed at him with admiration and her lips started to curl.

"Do you always have to stare at me like that? I know I'm good looking but please, you're a married woman now..." Doojoon cockily said, still with his eyes closed.

Mi-Young was suddenly taken back by his comment, "sorry..." she awkwardly looked around, nervously twiddling her fingers together, "so you consider yourself good-looking then?" raising an eyebrow.

Doojoon released a sudden laugh and looked at Mi-Young with a 'are you being serious'-look, "of course, who wouldn't find this good looking?" his hands pointing towards his body.

Mi-Young rolled her eyes and began eating her sushi with the wooden chopsticks, "you know, we haven't done something like this for a while."

"It reminds me of when we skipped school to eat lunch on the beach that time in 8th grade, when our parents found us and we weren't allowed to meet each other for 2 weeks." Doojoon and Mi-Young burst into light laughter as they remembered their childhood memories, "have you been back to that beach at all?" Doojoon curiously asked.

As soon as Doojoon asked Mi-Young this, her mind went back to the point when Yoochun asked her to be his girlfriend. *Wow. How everything was so different then...* Mi-Young shook her head in a unconvincing way, lying to Doojoon as she didn't want to bring up the subject of Yoochun; because whenever Yoochun was mentioned in a conversation with Doojoon, things always turned awkward.

One thing that had baffled Doojoon recently, was the fact that how Yoochun and Mi-Young couldn't be anymore different and yet, they're still married even after 3 years.

"Maybe we should go back one time? I could pick you up one evening after work and we could take a picnic down there. Unless Yoochun..." Doojoon paused, knowing that Mi-Young can be a little sensitive if she goes out without Yoochun's permission and if she was out in the evening with Doojoon, things would not go down well.

"I'd like that. What about Yoochun...? Huh?" Mi-Young asked as if it was a stupid question, "we may be married but we are different people you know, I do have my own life..."

"I know that but whenever I mention the guys name, you act like you want to kill me."

"I do not!" Mi-Young exclaimed with a smile and a light punch on Doojoon's shoulder, "If I wanted to kill you, I would've killed you already!" They both started laughing again.

Ring ring ring.

Mi-Young jumped at the sudden noise of her phone. She looked at the caller ID *great...* she sighed with annoyance.

"Hello?"

"Mi-Young. Where are you? I came home early but you're not here...I think we need more milk. You said you'd get groceries. What have you been doing all day?" a confused Yoochun said.

Yoochun's comments annoyed Mi-Young. *I'm not there to be on his beck and call all the time.* "I'm busy right now. I'll be back later," she replied bluntly in an annoyed tone.

"Well make sure you get the milk."

Mi-Young hung up the phone and remained silent.

"Yoochun?" Doojoon asked in a curious tone. Mi-Young nodded in response and kept her head down while Doojoon carried on eating his sushi. Once he realised Mi-Young wasn't eating her lunch since the phonecall with Yoochun, he took the chance to cheer her up.

"Why don't you say we take a walk?" Doojoon jumped up, stood in front of Mi-Young and held out his hand with a slight bow making Mi-Young give him a strange look.

"Come on."

Mi-Young held onto his hand and stood up reluctantly, not knowing where Doojoon was taking her. They began to walk along the river which was running through the park.

"Do you always have to be so persistent? Yah!" She called when she realised Doojoon wasn't listening to her as he had run off ahead and stopped to kneel down at the cement ground. She ran after him and stood next to her best friend. As she looked down she noticed a large widespread painting which had been done on the ground of a mother craddling a baby in her arms. Mi-Young bent down next to Doojoon and softly grazed her fingers over the artwork.

"Oh my god...did you draw this?" Mi-Young asked breathtaken looking at the exceptional piece of street-art.

"You like it?" Doojoon turned to Mi-Young.

"Like it? I think it's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen." She admitted.

*I think you're the most beautiful thing I've ever seen* Doojoon warmly thought, keeping it to himself. *I can't do this. How come I can't marry someone like you?* "let's go," he suddenly demanded and stood up pulling Mi-Young up with him. He couldn't stand looking at her flawless face any longer.

"But...but I haven't looked at it properly..." she resisted to Doojoon dragging her away towards his car.

"I'll take you home quickly and then I must get back to work. Get it the car." Mi-Young did as her told and climbed into the passenger seat. She was puzzled as to why Doojoon was being so demanding.

"Was it something I said...?"

"No but I didn't realise the time. I've got a appointment with a client at 2:30pm." He lied as he raced through the streets on Seoul. As they arrived outside her building, Doojoon wouldn't even make eye contact, "thanks for lunch. Sorry about this."

"That's okay. I understand you're busy. Thank you for the lift." She leant over and landed a light peck on Doojoon's cheek, meaning nothing but a gesture between two best friends, "bye." she brightly waved outside the car and headed into the building.

Doojoon stayed parked outside her apartment block and rested his head on the headrest, thinking, *why can't she like someone like me...*

--------------

Mi-Young buzzed open the apartment door and saw a sight she didn't expect to see. "Eun-Bi..." she exclaimed, making them know she was there.