009

The Reunion

“You need to tell me what’s wrong, daughter.” Minah said as she joined the table.

“I don’t see Taeyong samchon, eomma.” Jonghwan spoke.

“He left last night, I’ll call him later. Eat your breakfast.” Minah nodded, she was getting worried. Taeyong had disappeared last night.

And somehow she felt like problems just keep on popping up for her, she chewed on her lip.

“Agasshi,” The cleaning lady walked towards them.

“Oh, ahjumma, join us.” She smiled, Minjung smiled at the lady.

“Mister Kim is here,”

Minah halted.

“Appa,” Jonghwan spoke, Minjung lifted her plate off the table and walked out of the house. Minah watched as the girl set her plate outside by the pool.

Kai’s forehead creased as he followed her gaze.

“I’ll talk to her, don’t worry.” Minah said to him.

“No, it’s my mistake. I should have told you earlier. I’m sorry.” He said as he neared her.

“She’s pretty.” She nodded at him, Kai met her gaze evenly.

“Are you free?”

“Today?” She blinked at him, Kai nodded.

“I know you haven’t eaten yet, you don’t eat breakfast unless its almost ten am.” He grinned at her.

“The children~”

“Ahjumma is here, so spare me some time.” Kai spoke, her brows rose.

“Kai, this~”

“Please.” He lifted his hand briefly, he almost cupped her cheek, but he halted.

“I’ll go get dressed then.” She said quickly before leaving him. Kai watched as she went up to her room, he exhaled and shook his head.

“Seeing you two again,” The cleaning lady spoke with a smile.

“Ahjumma,” Kai greeted her.

“It brings back so many memories, seeing you and agasshi in one room, talking to each other,” She nodded at him.

“She’s been away fro a while, huh?” Kai said.

“You miss her.” The lady stated, Kai paused.

“Ahjumma, I~”

“Tell her, young master Kim.” She said meaningfully.

“Ahjumma, Minah doesn’t care about that.”

“But you do,”

Kai looked away.

“You never forgot about her even after she left you.”

 

 

Nanhee locked the door behind her, she made her way down the steps and yanked the gates open.

She paused when she noticed the figure standing across her.

tumblr_ou7513unXx1vyfgx1o4_540.gif

Taeyong pushed himself off the wall and walked towards her, Nanhee exhaled.

“Nani,”

“Why are you here?” She asked him.

“I’m sorry.”

Nanhee looked away.

“Taeyong, I know you feel bad. And that you think this is all on you, but in a way, your halmae is just doing this to protect you.”

“From what? From who?” He quipped, Nanhee bit her lip.

“I can’t let this happen,” He took both of her hands in his.

“Let’s…Let’s not do this, I mean, everything was going well. But, how about we…tone it down a bit, you coming here will~”

“What are you saying?” Taeyong’s eyes had gone cold.

“Taeyong, I mean,”

“Ani, come with me.” He started to pull her.

“Taeyong,”

Taeyong halted and faced her.

“I wont let you go. Not even if you want me to.” He said before pressing his lips against hers.

 

 

“Auntie did that?” Kai was grinning as Minah stabbed her fork against the pancake, annoyed.

“It’s not funny, Jongin.” She said wanly.

“You were scammed.” He mused before taking another bite from his sandwich.

“You now I just got home, and the problems start slapping me in the face,”

“Your halmae?”

“That, and she got Nanhee fired. And now our grandmother just arranged this woman for Taeyong. I mean, I get it, she’s careful, but to this extent?” She sighed.

Kai stilled on his seat.

“And now, Taeyong’s disappeared. I cant reach him, he wont reply to my texts.” She said before taking another slice.

“Why can’t she just give Nanhee a chance?” She frowned, Kai just smiled and looked at her.

“You’re not going to ask about me?” Kai asked her. Minah blinked at him.

“I’m assuming you’ve been well, vice president.” She stated, Kai grinned.

“Actually, not so good.”

“Wae? Because your daughter wont talk to you?” She replied, Kai sighed.

“Do you know what she did yesterday?” Kai said.

“She wont talk.”

“Hyemi made some snacks for them, Minjung then tossed everything on the sink.”

“Oh my god, Kai, I’m sorry. I’ll~”

“Ani, that’s not why I haven’t been doing well, Minah.”

Minah paused, confused.

“Hyemi and I,”

She stilled, her fists curled slightly.

“Our parents arranged the engagement.”

 

 

“I met her,” Shin Hyemi said as she joined her friend.

“The legendary Lee Minah,” Her friend mused.

“A beauty?” The other girl asked as she picked up her coffee.

“Might be fake.” Hyemi spat and chuckled.

“How about the kids? I hate that he has kids.”

Hyemi smiled.

“I don’t really have to take care of them, they’re not mine. Kai is.”

“You’re going to have to live with the twins, Hyemi.”

“I know, but he can afford maids to watch them, they’re not mine, so why should I be bothered?” She rolled her eyes.

“But, should you be this relaxed? The first love has returned.” She pointed out, Hyemi tilted her head.

“So? He doesn’t want her back, he’s had enough fun with her, besides, she’s like used tissue already.”

“Ya, I saw her photos on Internet, she’s considered a goddess.”

“But I already have this.” Hyemi raised her hand and showed her engagement ring.

 

 

Minah paused.

“Will you hate me if I started laughing?” She asked, Kai looked at her, confused.

“Last night, I just found out Taeyong’s being arranged too.” She nodded quickly.

She started to chuckle.

“This is starting to sound like a bad episode of Gossip Girl or something.” She stated.

“Minah,” Kai sighed at her, she just grinned at him.

“Look at us, Kai, we have two kids. You’re getting married soon, my grandmother is hell bent on separating my brother and his girlfriend, and here I am, trying to fix things before it gets too messy.”

Kai looked at her, she was smiling as she started to eat, but he knew she wasn’t feeling well.

“Minah, I know you’re bothered about it.” He spoke, Minah paused and looked at her.

“About Nanhee and TY? Or course, I am.”

“Ani, I mean about Hyemi and I.”

She looked up to meet his gaze.

“Kai, I’m not,”

“I know you’re worried how this might start talk again, that you suddenly came back few weeks before my wedding.”

She looked away.

“Kai, I swear, I didn’t know anything.”

“I know, I wanted to call you right away when I found out.”

Minah bit her lip.

“That was last year, but, you were the one who said not to contact you, so I didn’t.”

“Kai, I’m~”

“I wanted to talk to you, and discuss it with you, but…I was afraid you’d shut me out again.”

“I wouldn’t, Kai. I just needed to be away.”

“Six years was a long time, huh?” He asked, she nodded.

“Was it enough?” He added.

“Seeing as we’re in one table now, talking, yes it is.” She replied with a small smile.

“So, what do you want to do?” He looked at her.

“Huh?”

“Do you want me to stop it?”

“What?”

 

 

“The wedding, do you want me to stop it?”

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++