026

The Reunion

Minah set her fork down, she felt her mother’s gaze at her.

“Halmae?” She asked as she pushed the cake away from her.

“Your grandmother is not feeling so well, she’s in her room.” Mrs. Lee said kindly, Minah just exhaled, Kai bit his lip.

“Can we go now? I don’t really feel like being in this house.” She said bluntly, her father looked at Kai pleadingly.

“Minah, we can~” Kai halted when Minah stood up.

“I’ll wait for you in the car. No need to rush eating.” She smiled at him before dropping her napkin on the chair.

“Minah, please~”

Minah walked out of the dining hall.

Kai bit his lip.

“How are things? Do you have any news?” Mr. Lee spoke.

“We’re still trying to trace the car.” Kai nodded.

“How is she? Our daughter tends to react...to things differently.” Mrs. Lee frowned.

“She’s actually better at handling things than I am.” Kai said softly.

Then they heard a loud bang.

“How could you do this?! Am I just a toy to you?!”

 

 

Taeyong rushed out of his unit with his jacket in hand.

“Are you sure?” He asked as he got inside the elevator.

“Yes, young master, it’s a mess now.” Their butler spoke worriedly, Taeyong sighed and ended the call.

The doors closed before him and leaned against the metal wall.

His sister just found out everything.

Taeyong bit his lip in worry, the elevator doors pinged open and he jogged towards his car.

Then his phone started to ring, he slid the green icon across the screen and started the engine.

“Hey, I just got a call from Kai.” Nanhee spoke.

“Well, it’s world war now.” Taeyong murmured as he sped out of the parking lot.

“Taeyong, what’s going to happen?” Nanhee said hesitangly.

“I..honestly don’t know. She has a lot on her plate right now. I’m worried how this might..affect her.”

 

 

Kai halted as he reached the top of the stairs, Minah was standing face to face with her grandmother and her secretary.

“Minah, child, I can explain~”

“Explain? Explain what? How you lied to me? How did all this just to get me back here? Do you think I’d forget everything you did to Nanhee in just a second?” She asked, her tone was soft and that made Kai worry.

“No, I didn’t expect it would come to that. I didn’t plan for that to happen.”

“You even had Taeyong arranged to marry that Ji Holdings girl, halmae. You hurt people.” She spat.

“I only wanted you to come home and be with Jongin again.”

Minah started to laugh and shake her head, Kai glanced behind him, Mrs. Lee was standing at the foot of the stairs, and she was drumming her fingers against the balustrade.

“How did you know that we’d really get back together? What if we didn’t? What if things didn’t work? What happens to my brother and Nanhee?”

“Minah~”

“You toyed with another person, halmae. You embarrassed her at the company, remember?”

“I didn’t, it was only~”

“You fired her because she was dating your grandson, the employees knew about that. Don’t think I forgot.” She shook her head.

“Minah, please, don’t do this. I only wanted you to be happy.” The elder pleaded and tried to take her hand, but Minah pulled back.

“You always do this. You want to control everyone.” Minah accused, the lady looked away.

“You did all this to make me come back right? Well, I quit.” She stated, the lady’s eyes widened.

“Mi~”

“I’ll have someone deliver my resignation letter tomorrow. And I’ll be taking all of my things in this house.” She said before turning away from the lady, Minah made her way towards the stairs.

“Minah, wait, I never meant to hurt~”

“Sure, let’s say you didn’t mean to hurt anyone.” She spun around, tears were lining her eyes.

“But I don’t think I can trust anyone in this household again.”

“Minah, please don’t leave.”

“Just admit it, halmae. You didn’t want your granddaughter to tarnish the family name. All these years, you still couldn’t accept that I had kids out of wedlock.”

“No, I don’t~”

She shook her head.

“I’ll wait in the car.” She said to Kai before going down the stairs.

 

 

Minah was about to get inside the waiting Rolls Royce when she saw Taeyong’s car pull over, her brows met briefly.

“Noona!”

Taeyong rushed to her.

“You knew.” She stated.

“I wanted to tell you right away, but I didn’t~”

“I was lied to, Taeyong. I was framed so that I’d get back here, and that she could have her way again!”

“Noona~”

“You don’t understand, your relationship was almost destroyed because of me. Because she couldn’t accept a granddaughter who is a single mother!” She yelled, Taeyong looked away.

“Noona, I’m sure it’s not that~”

“Don’t. Don’t even try to explain this.”

Taeyong looked away, he saw Kai approaching them.

“Noona, please, don’t~”

“I’m not leaving yet.”

Taeyong paused, Kai’s eyes went to her.

“As soon as I find my children, we’re heading back to LA. I don’t care what kind of reason they will come up with again, but I’m not flying back. Ever.”

Kai just quietly opened the door for her, Minah slid inside and he followed.

Taeyong exhaled and watched as the Rolls Royce sped away from the property.

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++