022

The Reunion

 

Taeyong stepped in the suite, Nanhee shut the door behind her.

“Nani.” He spoke, Nanhee gestured for him to sit.

“I…have some things I need to tell you.”

He nodded and took the space beside hers, Nanhee bit her lip.

“First, I’m kind of angry at you for doing that, for thinking that…I didn’t want you anymore.”

Taeyong looked away.

“Well, I was the one who broke things off, but really, the engagement with Haesoo?” She sighed.

“Nanhee, I’m sorry. You already lost your job and I know looking for another one has been very difficult for you. I know it’s my grandmother’s doing. I just…I just wanted you not to hate me, so…I let you go.”

Nanhee’s fists curled, Taeyong gently placed his hand over hers.

“But,”

“You want to say that it’s worth it now, huh? That you’ll protect me?” She asked, he paused.

“I’m going to talk to halmae and tell her I don’t care what she thinks. And she can disown me if she wants but, I wont~”

“Taeyong, don’t.” Nanhee made her face him, his brows met briefly.

“It’s fine. Everything is fine now.” She said softly.

“What do you mean?”

Nanhee smiled before kissing his nose.

“Nanhee,” He grew worried.

“This might surprise you,” She murmured, then the doors behind her opened, Taeyong’s eyes widened.

“Taeyong,” Nanhee tried to reach for his hand as he stood up.

“Halmae.” He said coldly.

 

 

“Wow, I almost feel bad for her. Almost.” Junhee chortled as their food arrived.

“So, let me get this straight,” Mark spoke.

Grandma Lee is against Nanhee because she’s…a commoner?

“Yes.” Minah pushed the plate of fries towards him.

And she hates her that much that she even set Taeyong on an arranged marriage?

“Yes, after that my brother resigned and I had to take over.” Minah said, Mark chuckled.

“It’s not funny.” She slapped his arm, Kai picked up his fork.

Sehun just leaned back on his chair.

“Remember when you guys came over, and we got talking,”

Minah looked at him.

“You said you weren’t up for it, all the corporate crap.” Mark mused as he picked up his burger.

“Yeah, at some point I wasn’t. but you talked me out of it.”

“Well, you gotta deal with it.” Mark pointed out, Minah made a face at him.

“I just gave birth that time.”

“Meh.” Mark laughed, Minah just shook her head at him.

“I have to make some calls,” Kai stood up, Junhee puffed her cheeks.

“Kai~” Minah looked up.

“Enjoy your meal.” Kai patted her arm before leaving.

“So, how are your twins?” Junhee asked.

“Right, how are my favorite Tuan boys?” Minah leaned on the table.

“Whoa, and they mention that he’s married and with kids now, right after Kim Jongin left.” Sehun shook his head at the two.

 

 

“She is so going to raise hell.” Taeyong stated, his mother looked at him anxiously, Nanhee was standing by the windows.

“Taeyong~”

“No, halmae, how could you do this? You tricked her to coming here and put my relationship in danger? Ani, you destroyed it.”

“Taeyong-ah, I know I caused you trouble and a lot of pain, but~”

“You expect me to help you in telling noona?” Taeyong was incredulous.

“She listens to you, son.” Mrs. Lee spoke.

“Sure, I’ll tell her, hey noona, halmae was tormenting Nanhee so that you’d decide to stay. Because they want you and Kai hyung to get back together.”

“Taeyong-ah,” Nanhee frowned.

“I’m not going to help you. I’m going to help her.” Taeyong stated, Nanhee bit her lip worriedly.

“Taeyong~”

“You went overboard, halmae. Eomma, I can’t believe you just stood by and let this happen.”

“We were doing it for you sister, we didn’t know that things would escalate quickly and Nanhee would get hurt.”

“Well, insulting her sure didn’t hurt her.” He said dryly, Nanhee walked towards him.

“They already apologized, calm down.”

Taeyong exhaled and let Nanhee push him back.

“How could you do this? How could you lie to noona?”

“It wasn’t healthy for her, living alone as a single mom. And~”

“She never cared about what people think.” He replied, his fingers curled over Nanhee’s wrist.

“She will probably raise hell once she finds out.”

“She didn’t, but,”

“We all know she needs Jongin. Your sister loves him still.”

“Still wont help you two with this.” Taeyong replied before pulling Nanhee with him and they left the room.

“Is this the part where we go hiding? I mean, she’s my daughter, but she frightens me sometimes.” Mrs. Lee murmured.

“We should go and hide.” Halmae nodded as she stood up.

 

 

Minah smiled and set Hwan down.

“Did you enjoy your lunch?” She asked the twins, Minjung nodded before diverting her gaze back to the TV screen.

She patted Hwan’s head before heading to the veranda, she paused when she noticed Kai sitting down on one of the lounge chairs.

“Hey, you disappeared, have you eaten?” She asked him, Kai set his phone down.

“I did, with the kids.” He nodded, she smiled before stopping before him.

“Can I?” She asked.

“Yeah.” He replied shortly, Minah smiled before carefully curling on his lap, Kai halted.

“Minah~”

“I know, but, I just..feel exhausted and, it feels..” She trailed off, Kai just placed one arm around her, his palm resting on her thigh.

“Is this about Hyemi?” He asked.

“No…I don’t know, I guess.” She murmured, Kai nodded and kissed the top of her head.

“What’s eating you, Lee Minah?” He said softly.

“That thing earlier, with Haesoo and Nanhee, it just made me…remember why I came back, I mean, I was tricked by my mother, but to be honest, I was worried about Taeyong too.”

Kai nodded.

“It got me thinking, what would happen if I didn’t come back? What would have happened if I arrived and you weren’t around?”

“Minah, I live here.” Kai said.

“I know, but I meant, what if you didn’t want to talk to me. I mean, Kai, I left you. I…did so many hurtful things to you, I don’t understand why you want me back.”

“Minah,” Kai sighed, Minah pulled back to look at him.

Kai tensed when he noticed how her eyes were already filled with tears.

“I hurt you too. You clearly said you weren’t ready for marriage and yet I pressured you.”

She puffed her cheeks.

“So, what now, Kim Kai?”

Kai smiled before cupping her cheek with his free hand.

“Come back to me?” He tilted his head at her, Minah just smiled back.

 

 

Kai just pulled her closer and pressed his lips against hers.

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++