027

The Reunion

 

Minah sat up, she blinked and looked around her. She was inside the study, she glanced at the clock before standing up.

“Did I wake you?” She spoke as Potato stood up and followed her out of the room, Minah made her way towards the living room, she noticed the three males inside.

“Do you have any news?”

“We’ve been trying to locate the car, we have footage from different areas around Seoul, samonim.”

She bit her lip and nodded.

“We will find them for sure.” One said with a small smile.

“I’ll have the maid serve you coffee.” Minah nodded and patted his shoulder before heading to the stairs.

She let out a shaky breath as she climbed. She reached Kai’s room and gently pushed the doors, he was sitting on the bed, staring at his phone.

He looked up as he heard her walk in.

“I was about to go down and get you.” He said softly, Minah just shrugged before climbing on the bed and leaning against the headboard.

“Minah,” Kai followed her and took the space beside her.

“You have nothing to worry about. This doesn’t change anything between you and I.” She said, Kai’s brows met briefly.

“I am worried, Minah. What happened earlier, I know it was too much for you, I am even surprised myself.” Kai spoke, Minah just inched closer to him, he exhaled before pulling her to his chest.

“I heard halmae and her secretary talking, the door to her study was open. At first I was confused, she was talking so animatedly about Nanhee.”

Kai’s brows went up.

“It was a set up, Kai. She did all that just to make me come home and come back to you.”

“Minah~”

“I just can’t stand it anymore, all the lies, deceit and I don’t even know where my children are. I just…” She shook her head, tears started to spill from her eyes.

Kai just frowned and pressed his lips against her cheek.

 

 

“Kai hyung?” Taeyong asked as he picked up his coffee.

“He has a big meeting.” Minah nodded, she glanced at the phone on the table.

“He left his phone too.” She murmured, she chewed on her lip.

“Noona,” Taeyong frowned and took his sister’s hand.

“I feel like my head is about to explode, I don’t know…where to look, the police have been coming and going. I can sense Kai…losing his patience.”

“They still have nothing? Noona, it’s been four days. Why aren’t they..” Taeyong sighed and shook his head.

“I just,” She halted when Kai’s phone beeped. She just picked up her mug and refilled it.

“Nanhee sends her regards, she’s been really worried too.”

“I know, I’ll call her.”

“About what happened, noona, I~”

“I still am annoyed at you for not telling me, but, what can I do? It already happened.” She said before standing up.

“I’ll just change and we can head out.” She picked up Kai’s phone and went up to her room.

 

 

Kai let out a breath and exited the conference hall, he loosened his tie before glancing at his secretary.

“How’s everything?” He spoke.

“Director Lee Taeyong is visiting, he and the samonim are talking at home.”

Kai nodded.

“And?”

“Our people have gotten an address, I immediately sent in a team, but they found nothing.”

Kai’s fists curled briefly, they entered his office.

“And sir,”

Kai faced him.

“Samonim’s grandmother called earlier, she wants to speak to you.”

Kai took off his coat and sat down.

“I’ll…give her a call.” Kai replied.

“She sounded really worried, sir.”

 

 

Minah was brushing her hair when Kai’s phone pinged again, she was about to pick it up when her phone started to ring.

She put on a pair of sneakers before picking up.

“Are you heading out?” Kai asked.

“Yes, I’m going out with Taeyong, I’ll drop off your phone on the way.” She replied before grabbing her purse.

“It’s okay, no rush.” Kai stated.

“Can you do something for me?” He asked softly.

“What?” Minah asked as she headed towards the walk-in closet.

“Bring your guards with you.” Kai said, Minah paused.

“Did something come up?”

“We found Hwan and Minjung’s backpacks abandoned at a nearby mall.”

Minah halted.

“I’m already on my way to the place, I have the mall on lockdown.”

“Kai, I~”

“I’ll send a car for you later, don’t cancel on Taeyong.”

Minah’s brows met briefly.

“Take care, love you.” Kai said before ending the call, she exhaled before plopping down on the divan.

Then his phone pinged again, Minah took it out and stared at the screen. She unlocked it and opened the message.

I have your twins.

Do you still want to see them alive?

Come to this location.

Minah’s eyes widened, it was an unknown number. Below the message was a map and a red dot was over one of the locations.

Try bringing the police with you; you’ll see what will happen then. No more little Hwan and Minjung.

Minah stood up and walked towards the windows, she spotted Taeyong’s Audi R8 parked outside the gates.

 

She tossed Kai’s phone on the bed before yanking the window open, she glanced at her laptop and looked at the smiling photos of her children before lifting herself over the windowsill.

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++