032

The Reunion

 

 

Nanhee smiled to herself before setting down her cup of matcha latte.

“Finally, everything’s all good now.” She looked at Taeyong.

“Noona’s been complaining, you know.”

Nanhee couldn’t help but chuckle, ever since the kidnapping incident, the twins were being escorted by eight guards back and forth to school and also, everywhere they went, they had two black SUVs tailing them.

“She thinks it might suffocate them, take away their normal childhood.”

“It’s for their safety, Minjung’s annoyed by it, but Hwan asked her to understand their father.” Nanhee nodded, Taeyong smiled before standing up and taking the space next to her.

“I cant thank you enough,” He murmured as he took her hand in his.

“Ya~”

“For understanding my crazy family, for not leaving me after seeing how wild the elders can get. And, for getting along with my sister.”

“Getting along with Minah noona was not a task. Your halmae did really put me to the test.” She chuckled before kissing his cheek.

Taeyong smiled.

“It wont happen again.” He promised.

“I know, your halmae has been sending food non stop. My fridge is about to give up.” She sighed, Taeyong laughed.

“She likes you.” He winked.

“I think so.” She mused back at him.

 

 

Minah watched as Kai’s father helped Minjung slice the waffle. Hwan was silently observing his father as he poured some syrup over his stack of pancakes.

“So, how are you feeling, dear?” Mrs. Kim spoke, she gestured towards the bruises on Minah’s neck.

“I’m better, eomma. They’re lightening up.” She nodded with a smile.

“I was so worried when we heard about it. I’m so sorry,” She frowned, Kai just looked at his mother and shook his head.

“It’s fine~”

“Oh! You called eomma again!” She squealed, Minah blinked. He saw Mr. Kim grin at her.

“W—Well, I didn’t know how to address you, I thought you’d be offended if I call aunt~”

“No, no, no. I love it.” She beamed and patted her cheek, Minah glanced at Kai worriedly.

“No need to smother Minah this early, eomma.” He said before pushing a cup of coffee towards her.

Minah smiled before taking a small sip.

“Haraboji! I like chocolate syrup!” Minjung sang.

“Hwan? What would you like? Toppings?” Kai asked him.

“Just butter and syrup, appa.” Hwan nodded quickly before eating, Minah set her mug down.

“So, you decided to live here?” Mr. Kim asked, Minah nodded.

“Yes, since it’s near the academy and it’s easier for the kids.”

“Oh! Oh! Oh!” Mrs. Kim was smiling widely, Kai blinked.

“Does that mean you two have already talked about the wedding then?” She said excitedly, Minah paused.

Kai tensed in his seat.

“Yeobo,” Mr. Kim said carefully, Kai looked at Minah worriedly.

“I’m sorry, dear, I just assumed since you two~”

“Aniyo, it’s fine, eomma. I’m okay with that too.” Minah smiled, Kai paused, his eyes went to her.

Minah just winked at him.

 

 

“This, this was taken when he was just a few months old.” Halmae said proudly as she handed the photograph to Nanhee. They were at the Lee residence, waiting for lunch to be served.

“How cute. And this? When was this?” Nanhee pointed to another photo.

Taeyong just looked on, half amused and half embarrassed by his baby photos.

“Must you show her everything?” He sighed, Nanhee just grinned at him.

“You look so pretty here.” Nanhee pointed towards a photo of him wearing a blue onesie, he scrunched his nose.

“What’s that?” Kai joined them, Hwan was jogging behind him.

“Uncle Taeyong’s baby photos.” Minjung announce happily, Taeyong just lifted her to his lap.

“Hey,” Minah descended from the stairs.

“Can we talk?” She asked, Taeyong nodded and stood up.

“What is it, noona?” He said as they walked towards the gardens.

“It’s about work.” She said as they sat down, Taeyong nodded across at her.

“Is it okay if I take some time off?” She asked.

“Of course, you don’t have to ask.” He nodded quickly.

“I mean, I was gone for a long time, and I just got back. I let you handle all the work while I was away, I didn’t even help one bit ever since.”

“Noona, you need a break. And it’s okay. I can handle the company.” Taeyong squeezed her hand.

“Rest, noona. You’ve been through a lot.”

She grinned at him.

“Am I a bad sibling? It’s all because of me that why you and Nanhee had to go through so much.”

“I’m just happy you’re finally home, Lee Minah.” He raised his fist to her.

“Thanks for not being mad at me.” She smiled before bumping fists with him.

 

 

“Look,” Minah watched as she leaned on the veranda. Taeyong and Nanhee were on their way back to the car, while halmae was chasing them down with a brown bag, two maids were frantically tailing after her.

“What’s that?” Kai asked as he stood beside her, his palm was on the small of her back.

“Halmae has become very liberated recently.” She said pleasantly.

“Huh?” Kai blinked.

“That’s tonic, Kai.” She pointed out, Kai’s eyes went to the bag.

“Maybe she just wants Nanhee to be~Oh.” Kai halted, Minah chuckled and kissed the side of his jaw.

“Yeah. Oh.”

Kai laughed.

“She wants them to have children? Now?” Kai blinked.

“Yeah, just like how we did it. Not even married yet, but has twins.” She chuckled, Kai just wrapped one arm around her.

“Thank god those two fixed things, I don’t know what I’d do if they didn’t.” She mumbled, Kai smiled.

“So, you’re really okay with marrying me?”

“I wouldn’t be living in one house with you if I wasn’t.” She faced him, Kai’s lips quirked up.

“She should just accept the tonic and water it to the plants or something.” Minah glanced down again, Kai just cupped her cheek and pressed his lips against hers.

Minah smiled as he pulled away.

“I know, I love you too, Kim Kai.” She rolled her eyes at him.

 

 

“Thank you, Minah.” He whispered before pulling her against his chest.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

THE END! (09/20/17)

 

Thank you everyone!