012

The Reunion

Junhee almost dropped her glass, Sehun was grinning.

“He’s in for it now.” He said as Kai stepped down from the platform. Hyemi was frozen on her seat, clueless on what to do.

Minah hurried down and walked towards her friends, then she paused.

“Taeyong? Nanhee?” She spoke.

“You don’t want to talk about what just happened?” Junhee teased, Minah was about to reply when suddenly a young lady had walked up to her.

“Are you really going to do that screening?” She asked with a smile, Junhee halted.

“What?” Minah was disoriented.

“Nice to meet you, Minah unnie, I’m Ji Haesoo.” She offered a hand to the girl.

“I~”

“Lee Minah, this is your brother’s fiancé, the same person you just embarrassed minutes ago.” The Lee matriarch walked to them.

“Embarrass? I simply stated the truth, halmae. And,” Minah faced the girl.

“If I’ve offended you in any way, I’m sorry, Haesoo-ssi.”

“I think I should hear an explanation from Taeyong, not from you.” She nodded before leaving them, Sehun glanced at his friend.

“What are you doing?” The matriarch hissed at her.

Minah’s gaze went past her shoulders; Kai was speaking with his mother.

“It’s true. What Kai just said, it’s all true.”

Sehun just covered Junhee’s mouth before the girl could react.

 

 

Taeyong stepped on the brakes of his car, he slid down from the vehicle and started running towards the playground, the place was packed with families and children.

But still, no Nanhee.

He groaned.

He wanted to tell her, the whole day he wanted to tell her everything. But he didn’t want her to see that weak side of him. He didn’t want Nanhee to see how powerless he was against his family.

He ran his fingers through his hair.

It was all too much. He was pushed to manage LeeSan right after graduation; he underwent training and lectures, just to please the elders.

And they couldn’t even let him have the one thing that he really wanted.

His phone started to ring.

“I wont ask where you are, but I met her.” Minah spoke, Taeyong remained quiet.

“Ji Haesoo of Ji Holdings.”

Minah grew silent, and then she exhaled.

“Find her. Tell her everything. And, I’m sorry.”

Taeyong paused.

“I’m sorry for leaving you alone to deal with our family, for letting you take on LeeSan alone. I’m the eldest, I should be the one going through all the pressure.”

“Noona, I~”

“I promised I’d fix this, right?” She said lightly.

“And Kai hyung?” He asked.

“At least it will divert the attention for a while.”

“Noona, this will delay your going back home.” He said softly.

“I know. I owe you that much.” She said before ending the call.

Taeyong exhaled and put his phone back in his pocket.

 

 

“Hyemi,” Kai turned to the girl.

“What are you doing?” She stated, her eyes were swollen.

“I know, I know that you’ve always been hesitant at first. I’m aware that you didn’t want to get married, but this,”

“I’m sorry.” Kai said.

“You said you’d do this, and now just because your ex-girlfriend came back~”

“Appa!” Jonghwan was walking towards them, Hyemi looked at the child.

“She’s just using the kid against you, why are you doing this?” Hyemi faced him.

“It’s not that, Hyemi, I already told you before, before we even agreed anything,” Kai met her gaze evenly.

“I already told you that I wont be a good husband to you. I…never forgot about her, I never will.”

Hyemi looked away and crossed her arms.

“I’m sorry it had to happen this way, but I will clean things up. I~”

“Ani, it wont end this way. Do you think I’d let this go on?” Hyemi shook her head at him.

Jonghwan’s brows met briefly.

“Our wedding is going to push through next month. I don’t care what you think, but it will happen.” She spat before turning away from him.

 

 

 

Minah stared at her phone.

She felt bad, Nanhee left again. Things weren’t going well for Taeyong.

As children, they will did get along well. Taeyong always gave in to her despite him being younger. He was always there to support her, and even helped her with telling the elders regarding her pregnancy.

She knew that he was forced to take on LeeSan as soon as he stepped out of college; he sacrificed so much just to please the elders.

“So, you thinking of ways how to murder an ex-boyfriend?”

She glanced sideways, Sehun’s girlfriend, Junhee was seated beside her.

“I almost choked on my drink, he pulled out a good show.”

“I will kill him.” Minah murmured, Junhee chuckled.

“He saved your , Mimi.”

“Junhee, he’s~”

“Engaged, yes. But it’s a political one, alliances shift, Mimi. But, he wants you. And he doesn’t care about the consequences anymore.”

“Junhee, how would that make me look? A home wrecker.” She pointed out.

“Why would you care what people think? What do the know, Minah?”

She looked at her hands.

“Let him in, Mimi. It’s Kai, we’re talking about. And it’s been six years.”

“You’re right, it’s Kai. Just Kai.” She murmured before standing up, her eyes went to Kai who was speaking with her grandmother.

“Be honest,” Junhee followed her.

“About what?” She sighed as they walked back to the party, Yuta waved at them.

“Kim Jongin,” Junhee said with a girn.

“Is the father of my children?” Minah said dryly.

“Not that,” Junhee shook her head.

“Then, what?”

“He still makes you heart flutter.”

Minah’s brows met briefly.

“Come on, Minah, you’ve been living in LA for six years, you’re not bad looking, you’re a ing goddess, how come you never dated?”

“Junhee, I~”

 

 

“Because no one compares to your Kim Kai, admit it.” She winked at her before walking towards Sehun and his parents.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++