015

The Reunion

 

Minah leaned back on her seat; it had just been three days. And so far, despite having the urge to hide under her desk (sometimes), everything was going well. Work wasn’t as bad as she thought, but it did eat her time from the twins.

“Director, it’s lunch time.” Her secretary said softly as he entered the room.

“I know, I’ll be stepping out for a bit. No need to call the driver, I’ll drive myself.”

“Wait,” She spoke again, the male paused and faced her again.

“Any news?”

“None, we haven’t reached the young master.”

She dismissed him and exhaled, she has not heard from Taeyong so far and it was starting to worry her.

The male nodded and stepped out of the room, she glanced at her phone as it started ringing.

Her brows met as she looked at screen.

“Kai,”

Mommy,

Minjung,” She smiled as she stood up and picked up her purse.

Daddy wants to ask if you’re okay with going to Lotte World tonight.

Yes, it’s okay. Did you go the school he told you about?

Yes, we did. We took this test thingy, the lady said we’d be starting next week.

Good, good, I’ll see you later.” She said as she left her office.

 

 

“Like this?” Minjung asked her brother, the twins were inside Kai’s office, busy over their coloring books and activity sheets.

No, it’s supposed to be gray and blue, not pink and yellow.

Do you have something against pink?” Minjung asked dryly, Kai grinned from his desk and set the documents down.

“Sir,” His secretary stepped in the room, Minjung smiled and waved at him, Jonghwan just continued coloring.

“Miss~”

The doors suddenly opened, Shin Hyemi strode in, Kai stood up.

“We need to talk.” She stated flatly.

“Hyemi, I~”

“You made me look like some fool, Kai. People are making fun of me now, my family~”

“The elders already discussed this, Hyemi. I’m really sorry, but I can’t marry you. If it’s about the partnership project it will still push through.”

“You seriously think I’m going to buy that? You’re ex-girlfriend is just using your kids~”

“Don’t go there.” He snapped, Jonghwan looked up and tried to pull Minjung down, but the girl was already standing up.

“Why not? It’s clear why she suddenly went home, tagging along her baggage too,” She crossed her arms.

“You don’t know the circumstances, Minah went home to~”

“Wait, why does my father have explain to you?” Minah spoke, Hyemi stared at her.

“And yes, I can understand Korean perfectly, even complicated words.” She added.

“Minah~”

“You walk in here without even being welcomed in, and you think my mom has a hidden agenda that’s why she’s home? I don’t get it.

“Minjung-ah,” Jonghwan warned.

“And she didn’t teach you not to interfere when adults are talking?” Hyemi asked.

“Hyemi,” Kai chided.

“But there’s only one adult in the room,” She smirked before walking towards the door and opening it.

So, please, miss Outsider, get out.” She said and gestured towards the door, Kai just stared at his daughter, speechless.

Jonghwan hid his grin and just opened another box of crayons.

Hyemi just stared at the girl, outraged.

“Do I need to call the guards?” Minjung asked, Hyemi then faced Kai.

“I will make her pay.” She spat before walking out of the room; Minjung smiled and shut the door before her.

“Kim Minjung,” Kai spoke.

“You can reprimand me later, and thank me now. She’s a migraine in human form, appa.” She shrugged and went back to her seat beside Hwan.

“It’s like talking to a mini Minah.” Kai murmured before walking back to his seat.

 

 

“I heard you met up with Jisoo,”

“Not her, but a representative from her family’s company.” Minah said as she set her purse down, Sehun nodded and called for the waiter.

“Junhee?”

“She’s busy, meetings got her tied up.”

She nodded and picked up the menu.

“So, you guys found a school for the kids already?”

“A hakwon(academy). The kids are pleased about it, Hwan loves being around Kai, I can see it.”

Sehun smiled.

“What?”

“You’ve been living under one roof for the past few days now,”

“Don’t start.”

“How is it? I don’t see you fleeing away from him..yet.” He mused, Minah just glared at him.

“Flee? My brother basically disappeared, I don’t even have the guts to ask Nanhee because my grandmother went overboard in wanting to hurt her.”

“Minah, stay in the topic.”

“It’s not as..bad as I though it would be, I mean a little awkward, but I think I forgot how Kai’s presence can be calming, you know? I mean, he’s Kim Kai, he’s never….really..a burden to be around with.”

“I know that, he can make you stay put. We all know that.”

Minah kicked his shoe, he chuckled.

“So, any plans tonight? Date with the ex~”

“They’re going to Lotte World tonight after dinner. Is it even still open?”

“Yes, because their dad owns the place.”

Minah blinked at him, realization hit her.

“Right.“

Sehun chuckled.

 

 

Minah had just slid down from her car when her phone started to ring, she balked.

It was Kai’s mother. She puffed her cheeks before answering.

“Auntie,” She answered.

“Minah,is this a bad time? I really wanted to talk to you.”

“Aniyo, I just got home.” She said, she heard the elder chuckle.

“You see, I know there’s been a lot of…issues lately, and I don’t have anything against you and Kai. In fact, I am happy about it, but hiding it from us…hmmm,”

“Sorry, auntie, I mean, Jongin and I…we just didn’t want to…jinx it.” She murmured as she got inside the building and crossed the lobby.

Jinx. Great choice of words, Minah.

“I know, I know, so, we’ve decided that throw a little gathering for you and the children, why don’t you come over for lunch tomorrow?”

Minah paused, the elevator doors opened before her, Kai was standing inside.

“Yes, I’m free tomorrow, auntie.”

Kai looked at her questioningly, he was about to step out but Minah pulled him back in.

“Good, I’ll send a message to my son, bring my grandchildren too. I’ve missed them! Thank you, dear.”

She just smiled before putting her phone down.

“What? Is something wrong?” Kai asked as the doors closed. She was about to reply when his phone beeped, he took it out.

“Eomma asked us for lunch?”

She nodded, Kai grinned.

“How are we going to pull this off? We have to act.” She mumbled.

“I don’t have to.” He shrugged at her, Minah just sent him a look.

"Now's not the time to be flirting with me." She stated, he smiled at her.

“How was your day?” He asked before tucking a lock of her hair behind her ear.

“It was~” The doors pinged open, and there was a familiar male standing before them, he was leaning his weight against the wall.

Kai’s eyes widened, when he saw the bruises on the younger male’s face.

“Taeyong-ah!” Minah rushed to him and the stench of hard liquor hit her.

“N—Noona,” He stuttered, she saw the cut on his lip and the dried blood on his forehead.

 

 

“Ya~” Taeyong collapsed in her arms.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++