013

The Reunion

 

“She doesn’t look like a used tissue.”

Hyemi looked up just as her friend joined her, Ji Haesoo dropped her Hermes bag on the table.

“What happened back there? What got into his head?” She asked.

“That woman is using the kids to get him. How low.” Hyemi spat.

“My parents arranged me to marry his brother, intriguing.”

Hyemi looked at her friend questioningly.

“Have you even met him?”

“I saw him at the party,” She smiled and let out a dreamy sigh.

“I know, he looks like he walked straight out from a manhwa.” Hyemi shrugged.

“I’m amazed, you actually let this happen. I was expecting you’d rebel against your parents.” Hyemi added before the girl cold reply.

“It’s LeeSan, Hyemi.” She pointed out, Hyemi grinned.

“And, really, what is he doing that commoner girl? It’s disgusting.” Haesoo shuddered.

“You do know that we have a common enemy now, right?” Hyemi stated, Haesoo smirked.

“Screening? She wants to screen me and compare me to that commoner?” Haesoo chortled.

“That is trying to steal my fiancé, I’ll make sure she’ll pay.”

 

 

Kai watched as the staff moved in the boxes and a few pieces of furniture. Minjung and Jonghwan were in the living room, debating which movie to watch.

He walked towards the master’s bedroom and found Minah standing by the windows.

“What were you thinking, Kai?” She asked softly without facing him.

“Minah, I~”

“Whatever you did may have worked, but, it’s put in a difficult spot.” She faced him and crossed her arms.

“I didn’t know what to do, Minah.”

“What do you mean?” She sighed.

“I ran out of ideas, okay? A part of me wanted to respect your decision of not staying here,”

“But,” Kai cupped her cheek.

“It’s getting difficult for me too, you’ve been avoiding me, I haven’t seen you in a while, and I just…really miss you.”

She bit her lip and looked away.

“I won’t pressure you into anything, and I’m sorry for doing that, I just wanted to buy you time.”

“Can I at least lose the bodyguards now?” She asked, Kai smiled and shook his head.

“Nope.” He kissed her cheek before pulling away.

“But, Kai!” She protested, he just chuckled before joining the kids in the living room.

 

 

“I don’t know what you’re up to, but good move. I guess.” Sehun stated as he picked up his coffee, he and Junhee had joined them at the pent house for brunch.

“Where did Minah go?” Junhee asked.

“At the company, family meeting.” Kai set his cup down and glanced at the twins, Minjung was brushing Potato’s fur, while Jonghwan was reading a book.

“How did you get Potato here so fast? I heard pets have this quarantine process.” Sehun leaned back.

“He flew in privately. Toast?” Kai stood up, Junhee shook her head.

“I had a feeling she’d feel better if he’s here.” Kai said before walking to the kitchen.

“She, as in Minah?”

Kai shrugged before setting the plate down and turned to the fridge.

“Is this your way of winning her over? Flying her dog via private jet?” Junhee grinned.

“Let it go, Junhee.” Kai replied.

“I think it might work, well, you have to clear things with Hyemi first, but, you have my support, Samsung.”

 

 

Minah leaned back on her seat; she had one leg crossed over the other.

“What is happening?” Her mother looked at her.

“This is why I didn’t want to come home, we both didn’t want for this to go out yet.” She stated, she saw her grandmother drum her fingers on the table.

Minah looked at Taeyong, who was seated across her. He was expressionless and his eyes were empty.

“Why do you think Kai flew to LA a lot? It’s because of me, halmae.” She nodded.

“Still,”

“Kai will take care of his problems regarding Shin Hyemi, don’t worry about it.”

“Arasso, you two settle this down.” Her mother nodded.

“Are you going to continue acting as if nothing happened?” Taeyong spoke, Minah looked away.

“What do you mean?” The Lee matriarch looked at him.

“Firing Nanhee. Kicking her out of the company without a valid reason. And closing down every opportunity for her to get a job.”

“You know the consequences of your choice, Taeyong. You even brought that girl to my party.” The elder snapped at him.

“Then, this,” He placed a white envelope on the table, Minah’s eyes widened.

“This is the consequence of your choice too, halmae.” He stood up from his seat.

“Taeyong-ah,” Mrs. Lee called, but her youngest child simply walked out of the room.

Minah looked at the envelope again, she exhaled and chewed on the insides of her cheek.

It was a resignation letter.

 

 

Taeyong was leaning against his car, brows knitted together as he looked at the items Jonghwan had given him.

“That was really cool, brother.”

He looked up; Minah was making her way towards him. He grinned at her as she leaned on the car beside him.

“I need a break from all this, noona. I’m sorry.”

“It’s fine. I knew this would happen,” She gestured towards the black envelope in his hand.

“Those credit cards are all linked to me, land titles and of course, my car. Take it.”

“Cutting off my cards is something halmae would do, huh?”

“Better safe than sorry.”

“How are you going to deal with the whole Kai hyung and you getting back together?”

“Having him around is good for the kids, so,” She trailed off.

“It’s good for you too, noona. Why not let him in again?” He asked, Minah just shook her head.

“It’s not that easy, TY.”

“I think it is.” He smiled before opening his arms to her.

“You’re gonna disappear now?” She asked.

“I have to fix things with Nanhee, I’ve..hurt her so much, noona.”

“Arasso. Call me if something comes up.” She said before hugging him.

“Noona,”

Minah pulled away and met his gaze.

 

 

“Having Kai hyung around isn’t so bad. I know he’s the only one who can protect you, so, don’t push him away. He only means well.”

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++