024

The Reunion

 

 

Mark Tuan is actually joining us!” Minah chuckled as she joined the group; she took the seat beside the male.

Mark grinned at her.

Mommy, uncle Mark brought a lot of candies!” Minjung cheered. Kai plopped down beside Taeyong.

Don’t worry, I didn’t let them eat everything.” Mark mused as Minah glared at him.

Just a chunk of it.” Hwan nodded before shoving fries in his mouth, Kai smiled and mussed the boy’s hair.

Minah looked just as Nanhee and Taeyong joined their table.

“Is it safe to assume that you two are back together now?” Minah mused, Sehun snorted before setting a burger before Minjung.

“Don’t start, noona.” Taeyong replied, Minah grinned and patted the seat beside her.

“You look good, unnie. Happy suits you best.” Nanhee .

Kai shook his head.

“Don’t even try to change the topic.” Minah rolled her eyes.

“Well, she does love to torture everyone.” Mark nodded along, Minah just bumped fists with him.

True.” Junhee added.

Sehun saw Kai glance at the male briefly.

“Good that you two finally made up. I was willing to hand over my resignation letter too.” She winked at Nanhee before picking up her burger.

Nanhee just met eyes with Taeyong, the latter just puffed his cheeks and looked away.

 

 

“So, back to reality?”

Kai looked up just as Minah sat across him, she leaned on the table.

“You don’t feel good about coming home?” He asked.

“Yes and no,” She replied.

“I know what you’re thinking, but it’s not that. We’re good, Kai. It’s just..” She bit her lip.

Kai extended his hand to her, Minah smiled and held his hand. She looked up and saw Taeyong and Nanhee going to their seats. Minjung and Jonghwan were seated with Junhee.

“I just feel like things are going way too smoothly.” She said.

“And you don’t like that?” Kai was confused, but he smiled at her.

“I’d kill for smooth right now, but,”

“Minah, if you’re worried about what to tell people, we don’t have to, it’s not like we owe them an explanation.”

“It might affect our kids too, Kai.”

“You don’t have to worry about it, I’ll protect them, I’ll protect you.” He touched her cheek briefly before standing up.

“So, what do we tell the elders?” She asked softly as Kai took the seat next to hers.

“What do you want to tell them?” He asked before letting her lean on him.

“They’re already thinking we got back together, Kai.”

He chuckled.

“Well, like you said then, we’re good.” He met her gaze, she just bit her lip and nodded.

He just smiled and kissed the crown of her head before picking up an in-flight magazine.

 

 

“So, who’s going to tell her?” Nanhee asked as Taeyong stepped out of the café, he grinned before handing her a cup.

“I don’t want to die early.” He mused before taking her hand.

“I feel bad lying to her, Taeyong-ah. She’s been so nice to me.”

“Wae? Were you expecting her not to be?” Taeyong grew amused.

“Well, to be honest, I was terrified of meeting your sister. I thought she was going to hate me.”

Taeyong smiled.

“Noona’s kind of different like that.”

Nanhee nodded, then she stopped walking, and they were standing in front of LeeSan’s building.

“Don’t worry, I switched off my phone.” Taeyong said before pulling her along.

“But, like what your halmae said that it was just a lie, why did Haesoo react like that?”

Taeyong bit his lip.

“Halmae didn’t tell her. She doesn’t know.”

Nanhee frowned.

“Don’t worry, she already spoke to Haesoo’s parents, I’m sure~”

“But still, it was too early to release that statement.” Nanhee chided.

Just a few hours ago, Taeyong’s office had released an article regarding his engagement to Haesoo and cleared things out.

“No, it’s something I should have done earlier.” He smiled before kissing her cheek.

 

 

Kai walked in his office, he shook off his coat before reaching his table.

“Really? Dinner?” Minah asked as she sat down on the couch, Kai nodded.

“Yeah, your parents and halmae are joining us too.”

Minah rolled her eyes and crossed her arms, Kai bit his lip.

“I thought you already..answered their calls.”

“No. I don’t want to.”

Kai took his seat.

“I asked your Han ahjusshi to pick up the kids.” Minah announced.

“They want to visit you here? Are you okay with that?” She mused.

“Sure, how was your day?” Kai asked, Minah stood up and walked towards the windows.

“It..It’s better that Taeyong’s back, but you know, weird thing is that, I think I saw Nanhee at the company.”

Kai paused and looked up.

“Well, I was far, but..I don’t know, it looked like her.” She shrugged.
“Haesoo’s still making a mess?” He asked before walking towards her, Minah puffed her cheek before leaning her head against his shoulder.

“I just hope it wont affect the kids. I feel like Hyemi’s the one helping her.”

Kai frowned and just wrapped one arm around her.

“I’ll take care of it, then.” He said, Minah looked up and smiled.

“Thanks,”

Then the doors suddenly opened, Kai looked at his secretary.

“S—Sir,” He swallowed, obviously panicked.

“What happened?” Kai let go of her and walked towards the male, Minah exhaled and faced the windows.

“Mr. Han…The car..”

“What happened to him?” Kai asked sharply, Minah glanced at him.

“I got a report that one of your cars got in an accident, police rushed to the area, but,”

“But, what?”

Minah walked towards them.

“Mr. Han was there, unconscious.”

“How about the kids?” Minah pressed.

 

“But the children, they’re gone. Police are searching the area now.”

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++