031

The Reunion

Minah dropped her purse, it landed on the carpteted floor with a thud.

“K—Kai, what~”

Kai walked towards the windows and turned his back to her.

“I know what you’re thinking, I caused all this.”

“No, I~”

“If it weren’t for me, this would never have happened. The children would never have to go through something like that. And you,” Kai faced her, his eyes went to the purple-bluish marks on her neck.

Minah started to shake her head and walked to him.

“Look, I understand if you want to go. I wont stop you, I can’t do that to you.”

“Kai,” She sighed as she cupped both of his cheeks in her hands.

“I’m not leaving.” She stated, Kai paused, his eyes searched hers.

“But you said,”

“It was something I said irrationally, it..was out of fear, Kai. I mean, she could hurt you and I panicked…I didn’t..” She bit her lip, her brows met briefly.

“I didn’t mean it that way.” She said softly, Kai met her gaze evenly.

“Besides, why would I leave? I have this bronzed god all for myself.” She said with a grin before kissing him straight on the lips.

“Really?” Kai asked, his lips brushing against hers.

“Really.” MInah replied reassuringly.

Kai just smiled before pulling her closer to him.

 

 

Taeyong set the pink teddy bear beside the girl, Minjung beamed at him.

“Does this hurt?” Nanhee asked as she sat beside Hwan and looked at the IV attached to him.

“At first it did,” He frowned before picking up a book.

“I bet you two enjoy it when your uncle’s here. He buys you everything.” Minah mused as she entered the room, the hospital suite was filled with toys, coloring books and flowers, all courtesy of uncle Taeyong.

“They love me more than they love you.” Taeyong mused before standing up.

“Did you get to sleep well, noona?” He asked as he hugged his sister. Nanhee smiled as she watched the two.

“I did, a little bit. Did the doctor come by?” She asked gently and patted his cheek.

“Not yet, eomma.” Hwan answered without looking up from his book.

“Unnie,” Nanhee sighed as the girl sat down next to her.

“Thanks for being here.” Minah smiled and took her hand in hers.

“Thank you for being okay.” Nanhee nodded back, Minah just winked at her.

Then the doors opened again, Kai stepped in.

“Appa!” Minjung raised her arms towards him, Kai chuckled before lifting the girl in his arms, careful not to dislodge her IV drip.

“Another spoiler arrives.” Minah said as two bodyguards came with food.

“Pizza!” Hwan let go of his book, the guard smiled before setting a box before him.

“I want cheesecake from The Cheesecake Factory.” Minjung sighed.

“Hmm, we have that too. Three flavors.” Kai set her down to a chair.

“We don’t have that here.” Nanhee murmured, Minah watched as the guard took out three boxes from a cooler.

“He must have had it flown over from somewhere.” Taeyong nodded before helping Hwan to a slice.

“Anything for his princess.” Minah just shook her head with a grin.

Kai looked up and just grinned at her, then he took out a slice of cheesecake from Minjung.

Minah’s phone started to ring, her brows met briefly. She felt Kai’s gaze on her, her brows furrowed before stepping out of the room.

 

 

Minah stared at the screen.

“Minah,”

She looked up, Kai shut the doors behind him and walked to her.

“You should go and see them.” He said.

“How do you know it’s them?”

“I can see through you.” Kai smiled before placing his hands on her waist.

“Are you still angry?”

“No…No, I just..I don’t know.” She murmured, Kai smiled before kissing her cheek.

“Go and see them, I can take care of the kids. They’ll be discharged this afternoon.”

“No soda for the two. Just juice.” She sighed, giving in.

Kai beamed at her.

“Take the helicopter.” He said as he let go of her.

“What? Kai, the car~”

“It’s faster. And safer. No traffic for you.” Kai nodded.

He glanced at the guards, three stepped away and went up to the helipad. Minah just puffed her cheeks.

“Love you. See you later.” Kai winked at her before going back inside the suite.

Minah just scratched the back of her head.

“Samonim?” The guard gestured for her to follow him.

“Samonim?” She repeated and just followed him while shaking her head.

 

 

Minah stepped in the dining hall, then she blinked as she saw Sehun seated with her family.

“Wow, you must be so desperate.” She muttered, Sehun grinned at her before raising his fist.

“Badum tss.” He teased as she bumped his fist with his.

“We invited him over, Sehun’s like family to you, we know that.”

“You mean he’s the only one who can help you with me.” Minah said to her mother, the elder winced.

“What is it, halmae?” She spoke, the lady looked up.

“Minah, we~”

“Don’t do it again.” Minah said, the elders looked at her.

“All the lying, the tricks, stop it. It’s tiring.” She spoke, she met her mother’s gaze briefly.

“You don’t have to apologize again, it’s all good now. I forgive you. I mean, I myself have done bad things to all of you too. I did disappoint the family, remember?”

“Not really, you gave us grandchildren. We’re the youngest grandparents in our friend group.” Her father stated, Sehun hid his grin.

“Yeobo,” His wife sighed, Minah smiled.

“Can you stay for lunch?” Halmae asked as she placed her hand over hers.

Minah glanced at Sehun, he just gave her a small nod.

 

 

“As long as we eat Korean food, will you be cooking for us, halmae?” She smiled at her grandmother.

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++