025

The Reunion

 

Minah was sitting across the tall glass windows; her eyes roamed around the lush green scenery that Kai’s Cheongdam penthouse provided.

She closed her eyes briefly and bit her lip.

“It’s been more than twelve hours, why aren’t we hearing anything from them?” Kai’s voice made her glance slightly.

He was speaking with the detective and three policemen that were with them. Minah’s lips shuddered before wrapping her arms around herself.

The twins were assumed to have been kidnapped, but it was odd that the kidnappers have not tried to contact them yet.

“They might be buying more time, they must be worried because news already broke out.”

“Buying more time?! They took my kids!” Kai’s tone grew dark. Minah exhaled and stood up.

“Samonim,” The males stood up as she joined them in the living room.

“Any news?” She asked as she placed one hand on Kai’s shoulder.

“We’re still checking CCTV footage around the area.”

Minah nodded, she felt Kai tense beneath her grip.

“Then, we’ll get going then.” The males stood up, Minah nodded and thanked them before walking them to the front doors, the guards bowed politely before she turned back to the house.

“Kai,” She said as she walked towards him, he ed the first two buttons of his shirt before walking towards the dining table and got himself a glass of water.

“They’re doing their best.” She said softly.

“I know, but…it just doesn’t make sense.” Kai faced her, Minah bit her lip.

“I know you’re worried, but you don’t have to do this.” He looked at her and took her hand in his, she looked away.

“I just…I feel numb, all this money, all this power we both have, but we can’t find our children.” She spoke, fresh tears rolled from her eyes.

Kai exhaled before pulling her towards him, Minah let out a shaky breath before burying her face against his chest.

“We’ll find them. And we’ll make those kidnappers pay.”

 

 

Taeyong glanced at the two bodyguards assigned to him anxiously; he looked up just as Nanhee stepped out of the gates.

“Hi,” She sighed as she reached him, Taeyong gave her a small smile and opened one arm to her.

“How is it? The kids?” She asked worriedly as they walked towards the car, Nanhee’s eyes went to the guards for a moment.

“Still nothing, it’s been two days.” Taeyong said before opening the door before her, Nanhee slid inside and he followed.

“How’s Minah unnie?”

“She’s with Kai hyung now, ever since it was proven that Hwan and Minjung were kidnapped, more guards have been assigned to her and she hasn’t shown up at work.”

“Then, why? I don’t understand, why aren’t they asking for ransom?” Nanhee was frustrated.

“They’ll get what’s coming for them.” Taeyong spat darkly, Nanhee shook her head s the car started to move.

“You know, I’ve been thinking about it,” She said quietly, Taeyong glanced at her.

“What if the kidnappers don’t want money?” She spoke, Tayeong blinked.

“Then why did they take the kids?” He replied.

“I don’t know, it just seems weird. I mean, you have the only children of two large companies, why aren’t you asking for money yet?”

Taeyong bit his lip and leaned back on his seat.

“They should contact them now while noona can still calm down Kai hyung.” Taeyong murmured.

“I heard from Junhee that he’s already have his own people doing the search.”

“That will make the police look like puppies then.” Taeyong exhaled.

 

 

“Hey,” Sehun said with a small sad smile as he entered the house, Minah hugged him back.

“What’s all this?” Junhee joined them and saw the three males with them, they all had computers and other devices from them.

“Samsung’s…army.”

“The police?” Sehun asked.

“Nothing.” Minah sighed before gesturing for them to move to the veranda.

“Is it true then?” Junhee said as they took their seats.

“The police really can’t find anything, just a few tire marks. They’ve managed to identify the car that may have been used as a getaway vehicle. But….they’re too slow.” Minah spoke, Junhee nodded.

“Those three guys inside are assigned to check on footage around the area and car registrations.” She explained, she glanced over her shoulder; there were a lot of guards roaming around the property.

“How’s he doing?” Junhee spoke.

“The chief of police and the city mayor have visited here to send their apologies due the delay, but, nothing, Kai refused to meet them.”

“This is so weird, why aren’t they asking for money?” Sehun pointed out.

“There’s this thing I just found out,” Minah spoke, Junhee glanced at her.

“Ji Haesoo has been threatening Nanhee from before.”

Sehun paused.

“She never told Taeyong about it. And we all know that girl hates me.”

“Are you implying that~”

“I don’t know, but she and Shin Hyemi haven’t been showing up to society lately.”

 

 

Kai placed his hand on Minah’s back as they approached the house.

“They got the vehicle’s plate number, it was stolen.” He said quietly as they crossed the curb.

“Your parents called in earlier to check on me,” She said as they walked in the house.

“Yeah, I know.” Kai stopped walking and made her face him.

“I’m sorry, I haven’t been checking on you too.”

“Kai,” She started to shake her head.

“How do you remain so calm in all this, Minah? I can’t stay put knowing that they’re out there, and they may be in pain or being hurt.” Kai cupped her cheek briefly, he noticed the dark shadows under her eyes.

“I’m out of tears, Jongin. And if I panic, what will happen to you? What will happen to us?”

Kai nodded.

“I am worried, I can’t even arrange my thoughts now. I don’t even understand why we’re here. Dinner with my family?” She shook her head.

“Your grandmother’s been calling me, she wants to see you, and you know that~”

“I know.” She sighed before pressing her cheek against his chest, Kai just kissed the top of her head.

“The whole world must be laughing at us now, we actually got back together, and yet our kids were taken away.” She choked; Kai just tightly wrapped his arms around her.

“Can you promise me one thing?” She asked quietly.

“Anything.” Kai replied.

“Make them suffer, whoever took Hwan and Minjung, they must suffer.”

Kai just nodded, Minah pulled away from him and wiped her cheeks.

“What if its someone we know?” She asked.

 

 

“It doesn’t matter. They touched my family, they will get what they deserve.”

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++