023

The Reunion

“Hyung,”

Sehun looked up as Taeyong joined him at their table.

“Please tell me you two already made up.” He stated, Taeyong smiled before taking his seat.

“Good.” Sehun nodded and crossed his arms.

“You know, hyung, there’s this thing…” He trailed off, Sehun glanced at him briefly.

“We just…I mean, halmae, she~”

“Samchon!”

Taeyong looked up, Sehun grinned and waved Minjung over.

“Eomma finally let you two step out?” Sehun mused before lifting the girl to his lap.

“Yeah, is uncle Mark really here?” Hwan asked as he climbed over an empty seat.

“He is, we saw him earlier. Should we go say hi?” Sehun asked, Taeyong saw Nanhee exiting the hotel doors.

She looked up and met his gaze.

“Oh, do me a favor, maknae.” Sehun spoke, Taeyong looked at him.

“Don’t mention to Kai that Mark’s happily married with kids.”

“What?” He grew confused, Nanhee reached them, she kissed Hwan’s cheek before plopping down beside him.

“It’s something to irk our Kim Jongin.” He chuckled before standing, Nanhee paused.

“But, hyung,~”

“Come on, don’t we want those two to get back together? Besides, a jealous and unreasonable Kai will be a sight to see.” Sehun mused before pulling the twins with him, Taeyong puffed his cheeks.

“You tried.” Nanhee mused, he just reached for her hand.

“Should we go on a drive? The sun’s about to set.” She spoke; he smiled before leaning over to kiss her cheek.

“Let’s go.”

 

 

Minah stepped out of the hotel’s doors and walked towards the playground, she could already hear Jonghwan squealing, she smiled to herself.

Having fun?” She asked as she reached them, Minjung was seated on the swing, she was busy with her watermelon popsicle.

Mommy, auntie Junhee said that we’d have burgers later.

Good, where’s daddy?” She asked, Minjung jutted her lips behind her, Minah looked up.

Kai was seated on one of the steel stools; his eyes were on Hwan as he climbed the monkey bar.

tumblr_ot9vx5dHe41shjla8o1_400.gif

His eyes widened briefly when he saw her, she grinned as she walked towards him.

“You changed.” Kai murmured as she reached him.

“Yeah, I took a shower.” She shrugged before waving at Hwan.

Kai smiled before pulling her closer.

“Sehun called me, dinner at the pavilion.”

“I’m starting to think this isn’t a company party. Junhee must have gotten really bored.” She chuckled.

“You didn’t bring a shirt with you?” Kai asked, Minah was dressed in a pair of ripped denim shorts and her bikini top.

“We’re in Jeju, Kai. And it’s still summer.” She pointed out, Kai stood up.

“Go change, I’ll watch the kids.” She stated, Kai paused briefly.

“What?” She blinked at him.

“Thank you.” He said.

Minah tilted her head at him.

“For choosing to come back to me.” He said softly, her lips just quirked up.

“No problem.” She said cheekily before touching his cheek briefly; she could hear Minjung rushing to Hwan, probably to discuss what they were witnessing.

“What happens when we get back to Seoul?” She asked him.

“Let’s think about that later. Being here is better, and you need to relax. Work hasn’t been being nice you lately.” Kai scrunched his nose at her.

“Like, my family has been a big pain in the to me lately.”

“You have a nice .” Kai teased.

“Go away.” She replied, Kai just laughed before walking back to the hotel.

 

 

“You know the other day,” Kai started as they walked around the hotel’s lush gardens.

“The kids were in my office, then Hyemi suddenly came in.”

Minah glanced at him briefly, Kai smiled and took her hand in his.

“What happened?”

“Minjung…it was like dealing with a mini Minah.” He chuckled deeply, she socked his arm.

“Hyemi went…overboard and hurtful, I tried to ask her to leave, but lo and behold, our daughter stepped in.”

Minah smiled and just looked at their fingers laced together.

“What should we do? Do we tell our parents?” She asked softly, Kai glanced at her.

“You’re worried.” He said quietly.

“Kai, no, I’m~”

“Minah, I wont ask you to stay in Seoul permanently, I know you don’t want to.”

She looked away.

“I didn’t~”

“I wont force you stay, I wont do that.”

“Kai, this isn’t about staying here or not.” She stated, Kai’s brows met briefly.

“I…actually want to. I mean, I’ve been thinking about it, I’ve been gone for so long, and~”

Kai just smiled and kissed her cheek, Minah rolled her eyes at him.

“I’m staying.” She finished.

“So, what is it? What’s causing this?” He touched her creased forehead briefly.

“My grandmother, I just wish things would get better for Taeyong and Nanhee.”

“I have a feeling it will, I mean, you stepped up. They’re all terrified of you, princess.” Kai said lightly, she just grinned at him

“Then, can we now join them for burgers?” Kai asked hopefully.

“Aigoo, you must be really hungry.” She chuckled, Kai let go of her hand.

“Race me to the table then? Loser has to pay for ice cream.”

tumblr_ostwj805al1shjla8o1_540.gif

“What? Ice~”

Kai started to jog towards the reserved pavilion ahead of them, Minah just exhaled and shook her head before following him.

“Good looking fool.” She murmured as she padded towards their group.

 

 

Nanhee stepped away from the table as Junhee helped Jonghwan slice up the cheese, she looked around and saw Taeyong leaning against one of the benches, his earphones were plugged in.

tumblr_ou71p6thxC1vyfgx1o5_540.gif

She smiled before walking towards him.

“Hey,” She said hesitantly as she reached him, his eyes went to her.

tumblr_ou71p6thxC1vyfgx1o1_540.gif

“I still don’t understand all this.” He said before reaching for her waist and pulling her closer to him, she smiled before leaning her chin against his shoulder.

“She hurt you so bad, tossed you out of your office and now~”

“Taeyong, we’ve been there. Stop doing this to your grandmother. I know how guilty she is.” She said soothingly, Taeyong’s brows met briefly.

“Look, if it makes you feel better, she has a car servicing me around.” She said.

“Huh?”

“It was the morning after she went to my house, a black Rolls Royce was parked in front of my door.”

Taeyong pulled back to meet her gaze.

“Nanh~”

“I’m fine. It’s all good now, Taeyong.” She said with a small smile, he just puffed his cheeks.

“How about we set a date and have a meal together, with your parents too.” She nudged him.

“Sure, let’s invite noona too.” He said dryly, Nanhee just chuckled before leaning her head against his chest.

 

 

Taeyong smiled and kissed the top of her head.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++