003

The Reunion

 

Minah groaned as she dropped her phone back in her purse, she had been trying to contact her brother but all her calls went to voice mail.

“Young miss,”

“I don’t want to go to halmae’s home, let’s just head to Taeyong’s ahjussi.” She said calmly, she had managed to contact one of the family drivers and asked if he could come pick them up.

Jonghwan was looking at the windows with a smile on his face.

“You like being in Seoul?” She nudged him softly; Minjung was snoring softly beside him.

“Will we be staying for long? Can I tell appa we’re here?” He chimed.

“Y—yeah, you can later, okay? We still have to go visit halmeoni.”

The boy pouted.

“What happened, mommy?”

Her secretary sent me a message saying that she fainted, after washing up at uncle Taeyong’s we can head to the hospital.” She said softly, she had told them about her mother while they were on the plane. Minjung was crying when she first heard that their grandmother fainted due to a heart attack, but as always, Jonghwan helped her calm down.

But Minah couldn’t make herself relax, she had no idea how her mother was or what really happened.

The car started to move forward and she forced herself to calm down.

Mommy,” Jonghwan reached for her hand, dark brown orbs were staring back at her. The twins got their father’s eyes that sometimes it startled Minah.

Nana’s going to be fine. She’s strong.” Her eldest said with a smile.

I hope she is, darling.” She kissed his cheek and pulled him into her arms.

 

 

Kai slid down from his car and walked towards the elevator, he glanced at the two guards with him.

The two males bowed politely before stepping away from him, he got inside the elevator and took out his phone.

He had been trying to contact Jonghwan and Minjung, but somehow his calls would always be diverted, his brows furrowed deeply.

The elevator doors opened and he arrived at the lobby.

“Vice president,” The manager rushed to him, he nodded at the male.

“Has it already started?”

“Yes, director Oh and director Lee are already at the table.”

“Director Lee?” Kai paused briefly, a little disoriented.

“Yes, director Lee Taeyong of LeeSan.“ The manager reiterated, a little confused at his reaction.

“A—ah, Taeyong.” Kai nodded quickly, he took out his phone and dialed.

“Yes, sir?”

“Can you check on Minah? I can’t seem to reach the kids.”

“Y—yes?” His secretary was taken aback, Kai never asked his men to pry on Minah’s schedule.

“Just check if she’s safe and so are the twins.” Kai said simply before ending the call.

“Something’s not right.” The Samsung heir murmured to himself before entering the room.

 

 

Minah let out a shaky breath as she stood before the doors, Jonghwan and Minah were standing behind her.

She pushed the doors opened and walked in.

Can you guys sit down for a bit?” Minah gestured towards the leather couch, Minjung nodded and pulled her brother towards the seat.

Minah walked towards the bed that was covered by a white curtain. She looked around and grew confused, the room was empty except for a water dispenser and air purifier.

She puffed her cheeks before pulling the curtain aside, and then she halted.

What..” She then saw the bouquet of peonies on the bed; it had a note stuck on it.

Hello my darling daughter,

Gotcha! Kekekeke.

Welcome back home! Dinner at home later, okay?

"Kekekeke?!?!" Minah choked.

Minah had to bite her lip to prevent herself from cursing.

“Eomma, what’s wrong?” Jonghwan had walked towards her, his eyes landed on the flowers.

Oh, nana tricked you.” He chuckled, Minah balked at her son.

At least she sent flowers. I like that kind of flower.” Minjung chimed in, Minah exhaled before whipping out her phone.

“This did not just happen.” She muttered darkly before dialing her brother’s number.

 

 

“This is why your sister left the country.”

Taeyong grinned as his sister’s best friend joined him.

“Could be, hyung.” He nodded back; Oh Sehun shook his head and leaned back on his seat. They were attending a business summit at a six-star hotel in Gangnam. Guests and other foreign investors were in attendance.

Although from the outside the event looked all serious and formal, but it was really just a way for families to show off and brag. And also, for single women to hunt for a fiancé who is within their circle.

“Any news from that sister of yours?” Sehun asked.

“We spoke on the phone briefly, she still doesn’t want to come home.”

“Understandable, but,” Sehun looked at him.

“I heard about what..happened,”

“News spread that fast?” Taeyong exhaled.

“Does Nanhee know?”

“I…No, I don’t know how to tell her~”

They looked up when the room turned a little quiet, Samsung’s current vice president had walked in the room, and there was a small polite smile on his face as he walked towards them.

“Hyung,”

“Kim Jongin.” Sehun mused, the male took his seat.

“I heard about your engagement,” Kai spoke, Taeyong halted.

“Who? Me?” Sehun balked.

“Ani, Taeyong’s. I heard your grandmother on the phone, she was speaking with my halmae,” Kai started to explain, but he noticed the look on the younger male’s face.

“Oh…you..weren’t supposed to find out….yet.” Kai halted.

Sehun eyed his friend warily.

“Hyung, I have,” Taeyong stood up, then he finally looked at his phone.

Kai’s phone started to beep.

“It’s noona. Her local number.” Taeyong muttered, Kai’s eyes went to him.

“My kids are here.” Kai read the message on his phone; he looked confused before dialing for his secretary.

Taeyong swiped on the green icon.

“Noona~”

“I was tricked! Our mother played me! What the hell is happening, Lee Taeyong?! I’ve been calling you for~”

Taeyong ended the call and flinched, Sehun started to chuckle.

 

 

“There it is, Taeyong’s solution and Kai’s problem.” The Oh heir mused before taking a sip from his champagne.

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++