017

The Reunion

Kai stepped out of his room dressed for work, he heard Taeyong talking with the twins in the kitchen.

“Oh, hyung.” Taeyong said as he strolled in, he nodded at the male.

“How are you feeling?” He asked him.

“Better, I mean I survived a lecture from noona last night.” He shrugged, Kai chuckled before picking up one of the twins’ books off the counter.

“I asked ahjumma to step aside earlier, I made~”

“Ya, Lee Minah!” Taeyong warned.

Off to the beach, mommy?” Jonghwan asked as he took his seat and picked up a kimbap role.

Minah had strolled out of her room dressed in a two-piece swimsuit.

Kai looked up, he grew amused as she checked on her reflection on the glass walls.

tumblr_oufxjl38mN1r9f40do7_r1_400.gif

“Oh, you’re finally sober, but still purple.” Minah said dryly as she walked towards them, Taeyong flinched.

“I’m off for a swim, we have a pool here, remember?” Minah mussed Hwan’s hair.

Mommy, dad’s driving us to the academy today.” Minjung spoke.

I know, I’m joining you. Eat lots.” Minah smiled at her daughter.

“Ya, do I look like a tissue?” Minah looked at Kai.

“What?” Kai grew confused; she spun around and looked at him questioningly.

“Are you asking me to check you out?” He asked, Minah snorted/

“Oh, god, not in front of the kids.” Taeyong muttered.

“A tissue. Do I look like one?“

“…No?” Kai stated, still confused.

“Good.” She smiled before hopping to the veranda doors.

Kai just scratched the back of his head before picking up his fork.

“I am so going to move out this afternoon.” Taeyong said as he took his seat.

 

 

Nanhee bit her lip as she set the cup down.

“What did you want to talk about?” She asked politely.

“Taeyong,”

Nanhee halted.

“Uh, umm, Mrs. Lee, Taeyong and I have ended things.” She said quietly, the lady gasped and covered with both hands, Nanhee blinked at her.

“No, no, no.” She frowned, tears threatened to fall from her eyes, her husband sighed and just placed an A4 size envelope on the desk.

“Uh, I..I..”

“Open it.” He encouraged, Nanhee took out the items and blinked.

“Come back to HanShin, Nanhee.” He smiled warmly.

“But, sir, I was fired, and..things didn’t really go well, I’m sure you’ve heard.”

“I’ve heard, but,”

“We didn’t plan for this to happen!” Mrs. Lee cried, Nanhee’s eyes widened.

“Eh?”

“We couldn’t find another way.” She sobbed, Mr. Lee flinched.

“What are you talking about?” Nanhee scratched the back of her head, sitting across Taeyong’s parents didn’t actually help her. She had been trying to forget him for the past few days. More like, she’s been trying to trick herself into forgetting him.

Tough luck, Kang Nanhee.

“We wanted Minah to come home so bad, so we…I mean, halmae and I decided to cause trouble.”

“Way too much trouble.” Mr. Lee added, Nanhee balked.

“I..I—don’t understand~”

“Halmae actually…really, really likes you, Nanhee.”

She almost dropped the papers on her hand.

“And the only way for Minah to hurry back was if her brother was in trouble. And we know you’re important to Taeyong so…” She shrugged at her, apologetic.

“Why…Why Minah unnie? I mean, if she~”

“They’re trying to set her up with Kai…again.” Mr. Lee stated, Mrs. Lee nodded quickly.

“Eh?”

“We were out of time, Kai was getting married, his mother called me up, she said she was worried about her son and, we want Kai for our daughter.”

Nanhee was speechless.

“Anyway, halmae’s visiting your place later. She wants to apologize personally, don’t worry, I’m sending the kitchen staff to prepare food. Thank you for meeting us, dear.”

 

 

Minah smiled as she looked at her iPad.

“What are you so happy about?”

“Your fiancé,” She said as she set the gadget aside, Kai glanced at her before stepping on the gas, they were on their way to the kids’ academy.

“Huh?”

“She released some baseless rumors a few hours ago, thanks to HanShin’s reliable PR team, it’s already been taken care of.”

“Minah, I~”

“I wont say anything about it, but, please, fix this.” She said.

“I…already spoke with her.” Kai said softly.

“Kai, I don’t want to hear it. I’m sorry but,”

Kai paused, Minah glanced at the twins, both were busy arguing over what kind of cake to bring at their grandparents’ house later.

“If she attacks me and the kids, I’m going to have to retaliate.”

Kai nodded and took her hand in his.

“I’ll fix this, I’m sorry, Minah.”

“Are you sure about…all this? Cancelling that engagement, it may cause some problems between you and your parents, Kai.”

“I’ve been stuck for a year, Minah. I almost gave up on us, but seeing you again, talking to you again, hearing your voice again, I realized I cant.”

“Kai, I~”

“I mean, I can’t marry another woman, I can’t love another woman, I’m sorry, but I never did let you go.”

“Six years, not even once?” She tried to lighten the mood.

“Don’t laugh, I’m serious.”

“Kai, it just seems…odd, I’ve just been back for almost two months and somehow, I’ve managed to get in between you and that lady, and this engagement of yours.”

“I know it is, that’s why I’m going to prove it that I’m not playing. I’m serious now, Lee Minah.”

She paused.

“Like I said, it’s just you. It’s always been you.” He stated before kissing the back of her hand.

She looked away and exhaled, her brows met briefly.

You’re a threat, Kim Jongin.

 

 

Taeyong exhaled as he leaned back against his car, he glanced at the calm waters of Han River and shook his head.

“You’re early.”

He glanced to his left and saw Jisoo stepping down from her Ferrari.

“You said you had things to discuss.” He said.

“I believe we haven’t been properly introduced.” She offered her hand, Taeyong exhaled and shook it.

“My parents you to join us tonight, for dinner.”

Taeyong looked away.

“You do know this is serious business, right? I mean, people know about the engagement, it has been announced.”

“I’ll be there.” He stated, Jisoo paused.

“I wasn’t expecting that.” She muttered.

“It’s useless trying to resist when you have nothing to fight for. I’ll see you later then, Jisoo-ssi.” He said before sliding back inside his car and speeding away.

Jisoo watched as the vehicle sped away, she smirked as she made her way back to her car.

Taeyong looked at his phone’s screen as his call went to voicemail again. He had been trying to contact her for days, but Nanhee never picked up or replied to his messages.

He plucked the phone out of the console and tossed it out of the window.

 

 

Taeyong exhaled and slammed his palms against the steering wheel.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++