019

The Reunion

 

Nanhee stepped out of her house, the Lee elders had left earlier, and she still was trying to process things.

She shook her head as she walked forward.

She didn’t know what to do. Will she report back to LeeSan tomorrow?

How will she face him? She knew she broke his heart.

Nanhee’s brows knitted together, then she paused as she noticed a familiar figure standing before her.

She halted.

He gave her a small sad smile before looking down.

tumblr_ou70oe1CJu1vr0exgo3_540.gif

“Taeyong-ah,” She breathed.

“I came by to talk to you.” He said softly, not meeting her gaze.

“Me too, we~”

“I’m sorry, Nanhee. I’m sorry for pushing things, I’m sorry for forcing you into my world.”

Nanhee froze.

“I was never going to be good enough, huh?” He looked up, Nanhee shook her head.

“No, Taeyong, don’t~”

“I…I’m going to let you go now, I’m sorry for everything.” He spoke, his voice shaky.

Nanhee looked away.

“Take care.” He said before kissing the side of her head and walking away from her. Before she could call him out, her phone pinged and she halted.

LEESAN’S HEIR TO WED JI HAESOO OF JI HOLDINGS NEXT WEEK!

 

 

“Really? A beach party? It doesn’t…to be appropriate.” Minah murmured, Sehun shrugged.

“Junhee planned it all. Do you really think we should interfere?” He mused back, Minah nodded back.

Junhee was already in Jeju, she had left earlier to prepare for the party, while the rest were just waiting for the jet to be ready.

“Taeyong?” Kai asked from his seat.

“I don’t know, I’ve been trying to talk to him but,” Minah shook her head, Sehun glanced at her.

“Yeah, I have the same question floating around my head too.” Minah muttered, then the glass doors slid open.

Minjung and Jonghwan looked up, the girl tilted her head.

That’s not Nanhee noona.” Hwan murmured.

She looks like adult groot. Only…shorter.” Minjung whispered back, Minah eyed them warily.

“Taeyong,” Kai was the first one to greet them, Haesoo smiled.

Minah stood up and picked up her Chanel purse.

“Minah-ssi,” Haesoo faced her.

“So, you finally show up.” Minah smiled back at the girl, Sehun paused and glanced at Kai.

“Aren’t you going to congratulate us? You weren’t there at lunch yesterday.” Haesoo smiled.

Minah bit her lip, her office had received at invitation from the Jis yesterday to celebrate the announcement.

“I would, but I don’t want to.” She winked at her before turning away from them.

“The plane’s ready.” She stated, Hwan picked up Minjung’s and his backpack and followed after his mom.

“Hyung,” Taeyong spoke just as Sehun lifted Minjung in his arms and followed his friend.

Kai looked at him and shook his head.

“Talk to her. Your sister…is confused and annoyed.” Kai patted his arm before leaving.

 

 

Minah looked up as she felt someone take the seat beside hers.

“Don’t fret, it’s just me, not the father of your kids.” Sehun said flatly as he pulled his cap down.

She socked his arm, he chuckled.

“How are you? I feel like I haven’t checked on you lately.”

“Are you already in the mood to hide bodies?” She mused back, Sehun just eyed her warily.

“I don’t know, Oh. I mean, I feel crappy. Does this mean that everything I did was pointless? He ends up choosing to marry that girl instead.” She said darkly.

“I meant, the other thing, Minah.”

She paused, she followed Sehun’s gaze, Minjung was fast asleep on Kai’s lap as he browsed on his phone. Jonghwan was seated across them, coloring.

“Are…you guys really back together?”

“I….I feel threatened.”

Sehun looked at her questioningly.

“Like, being with him again, being around him, it brings back so many memories and…I forgot how easy it is to be around him. I mean, I can’t stay here, I’ve had enough.”

“If the thing that’s holding you back is people gossiping about you, I am going to be pissed.” Sehun stated, Minah blinked at him.

“I get it, I was there. When news of you being pregnant blew up, there was so much judgment, backbiting, some even called you ugly names. You were talk of the town.”

Minah wrapped her arms around herself.

“But, them, Minah. society. You’re a great mother of two. You raised Hwan and Minjung well. And you did all that independently.” Sehun squeezed her hand.

“So, don’t let that stop you from being happy. And if being happy means being with Kai, then go for it. I support you. We can even hide bodies together.” He smiled at her, Minah’s eyes watered before hugging his arm.

“We have the weirdest friendship ever. But thanks, Oh Sehun. I love you.”

“Me too, but not that way, ew. You disgust me.” He shuddered but her kissed the top of her head.

“Just don’t get hurt again like before, okay?” He added.

 

 

Taeyong fidgeted as they arrived at the hotel, his eyes went to the crowd gathered by the pool.

“This is the company party?” He heard Haesoo murmur, Hwan and Minjung were whisked away from them by three guards.

“What is this?” Minah looked at Kai.

“This..This is Junhee.” Kai was confused; Sehun smiled as Junhee came hopping to them clad in a white high-waisted one-piece swimsuit.

“This is not a company party.” Minah spoke.

“Hey, used tissue!” Junhee chirped, Kai blinked.

Sehun tilted his head.

“Huh. Hi.” Minah nodded, she glanced back and noticed how Haesoo had tensed.

“I’ll check on the suite and the kids.” Kai pressed his palm on the small of Minah’s back.

“Yeah, sure.” Minah nodded, Kai stepped away from the group. Sehun smiled to himself.

“Oh! Oh! I have a special guest too!” Junhee chirped, Taeyong tried to reach for his sister, and then he froze as another lady had joined them.

“Nanhee?” Minah smiled, Junhee chuckled heartily.

“It’s not a problem, right?” Junhee looked at Taeyong.

“I mean, she’s our friend even though you two broke up. Those are two separate things.” She said, Minah glanced at the two.

“I’m sorry Nanhee, I didn’t know my brother was going to pack along his fiancé, I didn’t even know he was engaged. Surprise, surprise for the big sis or the teen mom.” Minah laughed venomously.

Haesoo’s jaw twitched.

“Uhm, y—yeah, we’ll get going then, Junhee noona.” Taeyong cleared his throat, Haesoo moved forward.

“Noona,” Taeyong looked at his sibling.

“Best wishes.” Minah stated before heading for the mini bar by the pool, Junhee pulled Nanhee with her and followed the eldest Lee.

“You’re in trouble.” Sehun stated, Taeyong let out a shaky breath and watched as Nanhee joined his sister and Junhee. Minah handed Nanhee a drink, the latter smiled before thanking her.

"I have to say," Sehun started, Taeyong looked at him.

"Kang Nanhee is a miracle. She dated you despite all the talk at the company, and she even gets along with Minah."

"Hyung,"

 

"Why couldn't you fight for her? Why let her go?"

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++