028

The Reunion

 

Kai sat across the Lee matriarch, he watched as she took a small sip from her cup of tea.

“I’m sure that Minah’s not the only one who’s disappointed.”

Kai nodded slightly.

“We both didn’t expect that it was like that, halmae.”

The lady exhaled and set her tea down.

“I’m sorry, Jongin-ah. I know you two are going through a very difficult time right now, not just with this problem but also my grandchildren.”

Kai remained quiet.

“I have people trying to trace the children but still nothing.” She bit her lip.

“How…How is Minah doing?”

“I asked her if she could rest at home, Taeyong’s with her now as well as her guards.”

“Good, good. She needs family in times like this.”

Kai just nodded.

“Jongin-ah, can…can you try talking to her for me? Tell her how sorry I am and her parents for doing that.”

“Son, I’m not at fault here. I wasn’t even here when it happened.” Minah’s father spoke, his mother just eyed him warily.

Kai couldn’t help but smile.

“I’ll try, halmae.” He replied, then his phone started to ring.

“Taeyong-ah?” He answered.

“Hyung, it’s noona. She…disappeared!”

 

 

Minah killed the R8’s engine and looked at the three story abandoned center. She slid down from the car and started to trudge towards the building.

She eyed the glass doors before pushing them, she got inside the mall and flinched.

The scent of dead rats and dirty water welcomed her, she bit her lip and looked around.

And then before she could react, she felt a hand clasp around mouth and she was lifted over the man’s shoulder.

Minah panicked and she tried to scream as the hooded male walked towards a set of stairs.

“Oh, I was expecting someone else, but you’ll do.”

The feminine voice made her stop, all the blood in her body seemed to freeze. The male tossed her down the tiled floor, she looked up.

“Surprise.”

“You!” Minah screamed as she stood up, her eyes landed on Minjung and Hwan, the two were staring at her with wide and teary eyes and they were gagged.

“Don’t look at me like that, I’m not the type to hurt children. I even bought them good food and a change of clothes.”

“Shin Hyemi.” She hissed, the girl laughed.

“But I have to admit, your youngest is difficult, just like you.”

“Let them go.” Minah spoke, two males appeared behind Hyemi and they took the kids away.

“I was expecting for Kai to come, but I got you instead.” She hummed, Minah tensed as she felt the male from before tie her hands behind her.

“What are you trying to achieve her? Prison time?” Minah shook her head.

“Things were going so well, you know. I was about to marry Kai and save my family’s company.” Hyemi stated.

Minah paused, the male pushed her forward, Hyemi stood up from her seat.

“But then you and your set of bad decisions came.” She gestured towards the twins.

“You destroyed everything for me, Kai…I loved him.”

“Ani, I think you loved his money and the solution he could give you.” Minah replied, Hyemi shook his head.

“Hyemi, I didn’t know that your family’s company wasn’t doing well,” She continued.

“That’s just what you do,” Hyemi closed the space between them.

“You like destroying things. Like my engagement.” She said before slapping her, Minah flinched, she heard Hwan scream behind his gag, Minjung was tearing up.

“You are going to pay for everything.”

 

 

Sehun pinched the bridge of his nose and looked at the police, Mr. and Mrs. Lee were sitting across him.

“Where is she? How can you not locate Taeyong’s car?!” Mr. Lee snapped, the two policemen looked away.

“Sir, we’re doing our best. But this takes time.” The detective spoke, Junhee was chewing on her lip as she paced back and forth across the room.

“Kai?” Sehun asked.

“He flew in via helicopter back to his house, Taeyong’s waiting for him there.” Mrs. Lee answered.

“What is happening? What if the kidnappers finally contacted her?” Junhee said worriedly, Sehun just stretched one arm to her.

Junhee sighed and just leaned against him.

“That’s it, detective,” Mr. Lee stood up.

“Chairman~”

“Stop telling us not to interfere, your men can’t find my daughter and grandchildren. It’s time we take things from here.”

 

 

“What do you mean she disappeared?” Kai asked as he got inside the house, Taeyong stood up.

“We made plans to eat out, she said she’d just change but she never went down.”

Kai went up to their quarters, Taeyong followed behind him.

“She mentioned that you left your phone, I think I heard it beep,”

Kai walked towards the side of the bed, then he saw it.

His phone was underneath the covers.

“She escaped via the second floor window and took my car.” Taeyong finished, Kai started to browse through his phone and then he stilled.

“Hyung?” Taeyong called.

Kai looked up, his jaw tensed and his lips quivered.

“The kidnappers contacted me.” He said.

Taeyong paused, Kai exhaled and shook his head.

“Hyung, what~”

“Minah saw the messages, she went to see them alone.” Kai rushed out of the room.

“Sir~”

“Call back the helicopter,” Kai stated as the guards approached him.

“Have someone check the recent messages from my phone,” Kai handed the phone to the male.

“Trace the address of that text. Send it over to me. I will be flying there~”

“Hyung, the police~” Taeyong tried to stop him, but Kai just faced him, his eyes were cold and jaw tensed.

“Don’t try to stop me.”

Taeyong looked away.

“Get Nanhee, keep her safe.” Kai finished before heading out of the house, Taeyong watched as the older male stood outside the lawn, seconds later, a Samsung helicopter landed before him.

“Let’s just hope that they didn’t hurt the kids and samonim,” The guard spoke as the the staff started to type on the laptop.

 

 

“If they did, the vice president will not even show them an ounce of mercy.”

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++