014

The Reunion

 

“Yes, I understand.” Minah nodded, Taeyong’s secretary handed her the black envelope.

“I didn’t think this would be happen so quickly.” She murmured as they entered the elevator.

“Will you be coming in tomorrow, ma’am?”

The doors closed and Minah nodded.

“I’ll have your office prepared then.”

“Did Taeyong tell you in advance?”

“He..did drop some hints.” The male nodded, Minah gave him a small sad smile.

“Halmae did go overboard with this, do I have anything tomorrow?” She asked, the doors opened and the male followed her out.

“There will be meeting with Ji Holdings tomorrow.”

She paused.

“Ji Holdings.” She repeated, the male nodded.

“That might be a little awkward.” She murmured, then she paused when she saw two males in black suits approach her.

“Then, see you tomorrow, director Lee.”

She smiled at him before facing the guards.

“The vice president asks if you would like to join them for snacks, the children are with him.”

“Sure.” She nodded and moved forward, the two males followed her silently.

 

 

“School?” Jonghwan echoed as he took another slice of pizza.

“What do you think?” Kai asked him, Minjung scrunched her nose.

“Are we really staying for a long time?” Jonghwan asked while chewing, Kai smiled and wiped his lip.

“I think eomma wants to leave soon.” Minjung murmured.

“Eomma wont be able to leave soon.” A voice added, Kai looked up just as Minah walked towards them.

“How was the family meeting?” He asked as he pulled the chair for her.

“I just got a job.” She stated before picking up a slice for herself.

“A job?” Kai asked.

“Taeyong resigned, and I had no choice but to take over for him.” She said quietly, Minjung was asking Jonghwan to take out the onions on her slice.

“Huh?”

“It happened, you’re right. It’s time we look for a good school.”

“We can do it tomorrow.” Kai offered before handing her a tissue.

“I have this thing tomorrow~”

“Eomma, we can do it with appa tomorrow. You don’t have to come.” Jonghwan spoke.

“Okay…ouch.” She blinked, Kai just chuckled and gestured for her to eat.

“Hey,” Kai nudged her, she looked at him.

“Are you okay?” He asked meaningfully.

She smiled and set down her pizza.

“It’s..getting tiring, but…I signed up for this, right?” She nodded.

“You’re not alone. Tell me if it’s getting too much, I’m here.” He squeezed her hand before facing Minjung.

“Is it spicy?” Kai asked before wiping the sauce off her lip.

“A little.” Minjung mumbled while sticking her tongue out, Kai chuckled and pushed the glass of cola towards her.

“I wasn’t made for this.” She murmured before leaning her head on his shoulder, Kai paused and glanced at her.

“Is it okay if I do this?” She asked him without meeting his gaze; Kai smiled and just kissed the top of her head.

“I mean, we are still friends, right? Despite having two kids together~”

“It’s fine, Minah. It’s fine.”

"This wasn't my intention." She murmured.

"Let's talk about this later," Kai nudged her, she sat up and faced him.

"You already have issues of your own, Kai."

"I said I'd help you. So let me." He said with a small smile before cupping her cheek.

"Kai, I don't want to~"

"You're not weighing me down, you never have." He stated before letting go and helping Hwan with the ketchup bottle.

Minah just let out a shaky breath before looking away.

 

 

Minah was inside her room when her phone started ringing.

“Wow, so you call now?” She asked dryly.

Her father chuckled from the other line.

“Do you know what halmae has been doing? Do you know what Taeyong just did? Do you know that I’m stuck in Seoul again?”

“Now, now, my dear Minah, there’s no need to raise your voice at your parent.”

“I’m not shouting!”

He cackled.

“Appa! You need to help me!” She whined.

“I’ll be home soon, daughter. I just wanted to wish you luck. Isn’t it your first day tomorrow? And I heard you’re already not in good terms with Taeyong’s fiancé.”

“Luck? I need a miracle.” She muttered.

“So, you and Jongin?“

“I don’t want to talk about it, parent.” She said flatly, her father chuckled.

“I’m glad you two decided to patch things up, it’s good for the kids. See you soon, send my love to Minjung and Hwan.”

“We are not~”

“You can yell at me when I get home. Love you, daughter.”

Minah groaned and just tossed her phone on the bed.

 

 

Taeyong shook his head as he put his hand down, he stared at the house through the grills.

He was standing in front of Nanhee’s house and kept on pressing the doorbell, but it looked like she wasn’t home.

Or she refused to see him.

He chewed on his lip and walked back to his car.

“What are you doing here?”

He halted and turned; Nanhee was standing behind him with a grocery bag in hand.

“Nanhee-yah,” Taeyong moved towards her, but she stepped back.

He halted.

“I asked you, what are you doing here?”

“Let’s talk. I can fix this.”

“I…I’ve been doing some thinking,” She started, Taeyong nodded.

“The elders are always right, we cannot change that.”

“No, hal~”

“I think its best if we end this while it’s still early.” She met his gaze evenly, Taeyong froze.

 

 

“I’m sorry, but I’m not strong enough to be with you.”

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++