010

The Reunion

 

“Are you crazy?” Nanhee balked at him, Taeyong just glanced at her before facing the sales representative again.

“Do you have it in her size?” He asked her.

“Yes, I’ll be right back with it, sir.”

They were at a Balmain boutique, and Nanhee was growing a little uncomfortable at the amount of shopping bags with them.

“Taeyong-ah,” Nanhee sighed and tugged at his sleeve, he smiled at her.

“If I don’t buy you something nice my sister will kill me.”

“You don’t have to buy me anything,” She sighed.

“After letting you hear my grandmother berate you, I know I have to somehow make it up to you.”

“And this is..by dinner at your grandmother’s house again.”

Taeyong nodded.

“I’m about to ask for a favor from you, Nani.”

“Your sister did the same,” She mused, Taeyong looked at her questioningly.

“She gave me a pep talk.” She shrugged at him.

“The dinner’s tomorrow.”

“Okay…” She bit her lip.

“We’re going to have to sabotage it.” He smirked.

“Huh?” Nanhee halted, Taeyong beamed at her.

“Taeyong, I know things aren’t well between you and the elders right now, but that’s just being..”

“I don’t care. I’m out to get what I want.” He winked at her, the sales lady returned with the dress.

“This will get you in trouble.” She said before Taeyong pushed her towards the dressing room.

His forehead creased briefly.

I have to be, because if I won’t, I might end up having to let you go.

 

 

“The wedding, do you want me to stop it?”

Minah froze, she set her fork down. Kai had his eyes on her.

“Why..Why would you ask me that?”

“If I really do get married, the children..it will be a big change for them and,”

“Kai, they know what kind of situation we’re in. I mean, they may be young, but they are aware of everything.”

Kai’s jaw clenched and unclenched.

“It’s just not that, Minah. I just need to hear what you think,”

Minah looked away.

“Why do you have to?” She finally spoke.

“Just one word, if you don’t want this to happen, then it won’t.”

“You already have rings, Kai.”

“Minah,”

She pushed her plate away.

“We were just discussing about talk starting because I came home unannounced and the timing being near your wedding and you tell me this.” She quipped at him.

“Minah, I meant that,”

“You’re doing it again, Kai.” She stood up and grabbed her purse.

“Just go and get married. You don’t have to hear what I think,” She stated before exiting the restaurant.

 

 

“I was just away for six years, why does it feel like twenty?” Minah muttered as she entered LeeSan’s lobby, she felt people stare as she passed by.

“Married? Why do I have to be bothered about that?” She muttered darkly.

“Minah,”

She halted and looked up, her grandmother was standing before her, she bit her lip.

“Halmae,” She noticed her mother standing behind the elder.

“Eomma, I know my passport is with you. Nice move.” She said dryly before approaching them, the two ladies’ secretaries bowed as she neared them.

“Halmae has something to discuss with you. It’s about dinner tonight, at home.”

“You’re not expecting for Taeyong to come, right? That would be pushing it.” She stated.

“Minah, you know what I mean, that girl cannot be.”

“Halmae, look at me, I got pregnant before I could enter college and gave birth during my freshman year, who are you to judge Nanhee?”

“The father of your children isn’t just a nobody, it’s Jongin,” She retorted, Minah let out a shaky breath and looked round them.

“You will be attending later, bring your kids with you.”

“I don’t want to.”

“You have to be there, your sister-in-law will be in attendance.” The lady quipped before side stepping her.

Minah exhaled, then she felt her mother’s hand on her shoulder.

“Minah,”

“I want to go home, eomma. I can’t stay here.” She sighed.

“Did something happen?” She asked, noticing the frown on her daughter’s face.

“I’m sure this isn’t just about Taeyong.”

Minah shook her head.

“Have you met with Kai already? I’m sure he has things he wants to talk about.”

“Yeah, sure, he just asked me if I wanted to stop his marriage. Nothing big, really. And here you are, letting halmae destroy Taeyong’s relationship.” She pulled away from her.

 

 

Nanhee fidgeted slightly as they pulled over in front of the mansion.

“I can’t reach noona.” Taeyong murmured as they stopped at the curb, guests were already walking around the lawn.

“Did something happen?” She asked him.

“I don’t know, but the last thing I heard was that Kai hyung came over, and,”

“That’s not good? Seeingt them, they look so good together.” She sighed, Taeyong grinned.

“I know, but things just didn’t work out.” He nodded towards the car across them, Hyemi had just stepped down from the familiar Rolls Royce and Kai followed.

“Let’s go.” Taeyong said before sliding down from the car and opening the door for her.

Nannhee looked at the house hesitantly, Taeyong just smiled and took her hand.

“Nanhee-ssi, hi!” Hyemi waved at them, Taeyong glanced at Kai.

“Nice seeing you here, Hyemi-ssi.” She greeted back, Nanhee’s eyes went to Kai, and he was looking around, obviously searching for someone.

“Samchon!”

Sehun appeared before them, Minjung was holding onto his hand.

Where’s mommy?” Minjung spoke, Taeyong paused.

“She didn’t come home yet?” Kai asked, Nanhee saw Hyemi’s brows went up.

“Probably because you’re here, appa.” Minjung muttered. Sehun shrugged at Kai.

“Obviously.” Sehun shook his head, and then they grew quiet when they saw the Lee matriarch step into the gardens.

“What’s happening? Are they throwing a party of Minah and the kids?” Hyemi asked Kai.

“If it was a party for us, you wouldn’t be here.” Minjung spoke, Taeyong and Sehun balked at her.

Oops, did I say that in Korean?” Minjung shrugged before leaving them, Nanhee bit her lip and glanced at Hyemi, who looked confused.

“Samchon, here.” Jonghwan took a black envelope from the coat pocket of his Gucci suit.

“What’s this?” Taeyong asked.

“Eomma left it with me earlier, she said you’ll need it soon.” Jonghwan nodded.

“Thanks.” He mussed his hair.

“Hwan-ah,” Kai called after his son, Jonghwan faced him.

“Minjung told me not speak with you, I have to take her side always. Sorry, appa.” He bowed politely before running back to the house.

“And the father of the year award goes to,” Sehun mused before urging Nanhee to walk with him.

Taeyong faced the elder male.

“You should have told her sooner, hyung.”

“I wanted to.”

“But seeing her again brought back so many memories.”

 

 

“And feelings?” Taeyong said, then he turned away from him.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++