007

The Reunion

“My godchildren?” Sehun asked as Minah exited the building, he was leaning against his Porsche Cayenne.

“Kai picked them up this morning, they decided that they want to transfer to the penthouse.”

“Wow.” Sehun balked.

“Trust me, being around Taeyong isn’t good right now.” She stated before getting inside the car.

“What do you mean?” He asked as he started the car.

“Halmae went all…attack mode on Nanhee last night, and..we didn’t know that Nanhee herself was already in the house. And,” She just shrugged.

“Taeyong?”

“He’s…pissed. He actually snapped at me.”

“Then, how are things with Kai?”

Baby steps, Oh.

He smiled and nodded.

“He did call me last night just to say that you guys finally had your first ever family dinner.”

Minah nodded.

“He sounded happy, good job, Mimi.”

“It was…new, I mean, I haven’t spoken to him in a while but, he’s…still the same.” She looked at him.

“Still the same Kim Jongin you fell for?” He mused, Minah glared at him.

“I meant my old friend, Kai. Kim Kai.” She stated.

“Whatever you say, Cruella.” He chuckled.

“I mean it, despite what happened, he was a good friend to me, Sehun. Better than you, you little .” She beamed.

“Must feel good to cuss freely without your kids’ presence.” He said dryly before bumping fists with her.

“Mall?” Sehun asked.

“Yeah, I need new clothes.”

“You always buy~”

“Shut up and drive.” She cut him off.

 

 

Minjung crossed her arms, Jonghwan flinched.

Did I hear right? Or is my Korean getting bad?” She asked her older brother while pulling him away from the living room.

We heard it right. Yes, appa’s~

Don’t say it!” She hit his arm, Jonghwan sighed, and he looked at the lady again. Their father was on the phone inside his study.

She tried to feed me a vegetable!” Minjung said.

Mommy always makes us~

She’s not mommy, so why should she?” She pointed out.

And look at her, yellow? Who wears a yellow sundress with brown heels? Ugh.” She shuddered.

Minjung, mommy and daddy always told us that~

Minjung looked at the lady, she was seated on the leather couch, one leg crossed over the other. Her lips started to quirk up.

Minjung, please don’t.” Jonghwan murmured, the youngest Kim just chuckled before disappearing to the guest room.

Always take her side. No matter what.” Jonghwan reminded himself before following his sibling.
 

 

Nanhee walked inside the nail salon and approached the counter, she started browsing over designs.

“What are you going to get?”

She almost jumped; Lee Minah was smiling at her.

“O—oh, unnie, I~”

“Don’t act like this around me, I’m not my grandmother.” She frowned, Sehun appeared behind her.

“Hey.” He patted her arm.

“I’m not here to talk about Taeyong and you, or…yeah, I just want to get my nails done and actually have some female company.”

“Yeah, I’m just her driver.” Sehun pointed out.

“Well?” Minah nudged her, and then two ladies led them to their seats.

“First of all, I’m sorry you had to hear that, our grandmother has always been a little…close minded.”

“A little?” Nanhee echoed, Sehun chuckled.

“I like you, you’re good.” Minah said as they sat down.

“I just…can I ask for a favor? I know we just met and you probably thought I’d be a pain in the , but I swear I’m not,” Minah nodded quickly, Nanhee grew amused.

“Go ahead, unnie.”

“Be strong.” She said, Sehun looked at them.

“Huh?” Nanhee looked at her, confused.

“For you and Taeyong. Be strong. I know how complicated things can get from now on, but, my brother needs you. And I know he’d do anything for you. So, trust him and stay strong.”

“And sorry if I’m overstepping my boundaries, but I’ve been gone too long. It’s time I get back to being an older sister too.” She smiled.

Nanhee just smiled; there was something about the girl that made her comfortable and at ease. The Lee siblings, despite their cold outer appearance, they were warm once you get to know them.

“But, unnie,”

Minah looked at her while browsing through the designs.

“Are you still not going to tell me what’s a LeeSan heiress doing at a small unknown nail salon in Itaewon?”

Sehun grinned.

“Busted.” He cackled.

“I…Well, fine, I had someone trace you. Sorry, I was just really worried.” She frowned, Nanhee just grinned at her.

“It’s fine, unnie. Thank you for not being a stereotypical chaebol noona to Taeyong.”

“You’re welcome, feisty one.” Minah mused back.

 

 

“Advertising department?” The Lee matriarch echoed, Mrs. Lee Ahee bit her lip and looked at the secretary.

“Eommonim, this~”

“Remove her.”

“Yes.” The secretary nodded.

“But, this would cause rumors, that lady~”

“We should cut out the weeds, Ahee. We should prevent them from growing.”

“I understand, eommonim. But, why not give her a chance? She’s not that bad, I ran background check~”

“I don’t care. I just want her fired. Kick her out of LeeSan before she starts using Taeyong.”

“Taeyong is smart enough to know when a person is trying to use him.” Ahee stated, the elder stood up.

“His engagement will be announced next week, make sure that things are all prepared.”

“Eommonim,”

 

 

“We will be having a small dinner party at the mansion this weekend, it’s time you meet your future daughter-in-law.”

 

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++