018

The Reunion

Minah nodded as her secretary spoke, she was reading a file that was just given to her regarding HanShin’s new expansion in Cheongju.

“And, director,”

Minah looked up, the elevator doors pinged open and they both stepped out.

“There’s been changes due to~”

They both halted when they saw Taeyong walking into the lobby.

“T—Taeyong,” She said as she walked towards him, Taeyong looked up and grinned at his sibing.

“Are you….applying..back?” She blinked.

“Did you and halmae~”

“Yeah, I already fixed things.” He said coolly, Minah grew confused.

Taeyong just patted his sister’s hand.

“Are you going back to work now?”

“Yeah.”

“So, you and Nanhee~”

“Let’s discuss this later, noona. I have to catch up with work.” He winked before walking towards the elevator, Minah just watched as he got inside the machine.

It’s not it. Something’s not right.” She murmured before walking towards her waiting car.

 

 

“Oh Sehun! Boyfriend!” Junhee called frantically, Sehun looked up from his desk.

“What?” He asked. Junhee was lying on the sofa in his office.

“It’s Taeyong.”

“I know, Minah messaged me about him going back to work.”

“No! This!” Junhee stood up and walked toward him, Sehun pulled away from his desk, Junhee plopped down on his lap and made him look at her phone.

“What is this?” He asked as he leaned his chin on her shoulder.

“Taeyong’s office just released a statement.”

“H~”

Sehun’s eyes doubled in size when he read the article and the statement.

“Oh no.” Sehun muttered.

“I can already hear Minah yelling.” Junhee muttered.

“He’s…going to marry Jisoo?” Sehun was confused.

“Do you really think Minah would get along with her if she were to become her sister-in-law?” Junhee blinked.

“I might really have to help her hide the body.” Sehun murmured before putting the phone down.

 

 

“Are they adjusting okay? I mean, it’s a new school and all.” Mrs. Kim asked her son as Kai joined them back in the living room.

“They’re doing well, they can speak Korean really well.” Kai grinned, then they heard the front doors open.

“Samonim, miss Lee has arrived.” The butler announced, Minah followed from behind with a smile.

“Auntie,” She greeted, the elder stood up to hug her.

Kai smiled and leaned back on the couch.

“How have you been doing, dear? We were so shocked at that party!”

Minah didn’t know what else to do, but just smile back.

“Oh, she’s here.” Kai’s father walked in.

“Looking good, uncle. You lost weight.” She said pleasantly.

“I had to. If not, I wont be able to keep up with my grandchildren. How are you? I heard from Kai you took over.”

“Y—yes, I did. I figured I had to help Taeyong.” She smiled as she sat down beside Kai.

“Junhee called me.” He spoke, Minah looked at him.

“Some company party, she wants us to come. And the kids.”

“Aigoo, it’s time you all go out in public. There’s been so many questions.” Mrs. Kim smiled.

Minah met eyes with Kai briefly, he just gave her a slight nudge.

“Don’t worry, Minah, he made us promise not to ask about you two yet.” Mr. Kim chuckled.

“I got your back.” Kai chuckled at her, Minah looked at the elder.

“We wont pester you about how the two of you got back together, but we’re really happy, dear. Thank you for coming back to Kai. And we’re sorry,”

“Auntie, don’t~”

“We didn’t know about you two when..we forced him into that engagement with Hyemi, and I can only imagine how bad you must have felt.” The elder frowned; Minah could hear Kai preventing himself from laughing.

“Anyway, the food’s ready. Come on.” The elders stood up and left them, Minah faced Kai.

“Thanks, Kim Kai.” She said softly.

“I realized we haven’t practiced our script yet.” He shrugged before tucking a lock of her hair behind her ear.

“Something’s wrong.” He stated. Minah slouched and bit her lip, Kai looked at her questioningly.

“Taeyong went back to work.” She stated, she scooted closer to him and pushed his bangs back.

Kai smiled.

“And, you want to resign now that he’s back?” He asked, his palm on her back.

“No,I just feel like, something’s not..right.” She stated.

“Hey, at least he’s back and he’s feeling better.” Kai said soothingly.

“Yeah, at least.” She nodded; Kai just kissed her cheek before standing up to join his parents.

Minah just let out a shaky breath.

Boundaries. We have to talk about boundaries.” She muttered darkly before following him while touching her cheek.

 

 

Nanhee didn’t know what to do; the elderly lady was seated before her. She looked awkward and unsure, just like how she was feeling.

“I know you must hate me. No, you hate me.”

“Uhmm, ma~”

“Call me halmae.” She smiled, Nanhee blinked.

“Let me explain everything,” She said softly.

“Before Taeyong told us anything, we already knew about you, Nanhee.”

“Yes?” Nanhee blinked.

“I heard about this girl who rejected my only grandson three times.”

Nanhee looked away.

“He asked you out for dinner and coffee, yet you declined him. I have to admit, I was hurt by that. I mean, it got me thinking, why? Is my grandson not good enough?”

“It was..a little difficult for me back then…halmae, he was my boss.”

She smiled.

“That’s why I like you, you stood up for what you believe in. Not like other girls.” She said approvingly.

“And, no, not was. Is.” She added, Nanhee looked at her, she suddenly realized that when facing the Lee elders, she was always confused.

“He is your boss.”

“Huh?”

“You were..never realy fired. I admit, I…overreacted and miscalculated a lot of things. But I just really wanted my Minah to come home and talk things out with Jongin.”

“Halmae,”

“I’m really sorry, Nanhee. I know I hurt you in many ways, but if this is going to make you feel any better, my two grandchildren wont even talk to me or take my calls.”

“Oh no.” Nanhee frowned, the lady brushed the tears from the side of her eyes.

“This old lady underestimated and overestimated a lot of things, I hope you can forgive me.” She stretched her hand to her; Nanhee bit her lip and took the lady’s hand in hers.

“But, halmae, some things…are unfixable, Taeyong and I~”

“No, no, dear, we can fix this. He loves you. I know that.” She smiled at her, Nanhee just bit her lip.

 

 

“This is weird.” Minah muttered as she slid down from the car.

“What?” Kai walked towards her.

“We’re rarely out…without the kids.”

Kai nodded, the twins had asked to be left at their grandparents’ house.

“Wae? Are you awkward with me?” He teased, Minah just slapped his arm. Kai chuckled.

“Come on.” He guided her towards the mall’s entrance.

“Which reminds me,” She spoke, Kai glanced at her.

“You took the kids to a shopping trip.”

“I did. Coffee?” He asked her, she nodded.

“Kai, you can’t dress them in head to toe Gucci, they’re too young for~”

“Minjung loves it. Hwan said he’s okay with it. Iced latte?”

“Sure, plus extra milk. Still, Kai,” She sighed as she followed him to a Starbucks. Kai glanced at her briefly, Minah was dressed in a red tapered mini skirt and a loose Chanel blouse with a pair of KTZ flats.

“I see too much skin.” He murmured.

“Ya!”

“Minah, it’s fine. Let me spoil our princess. She’s got your taste in clothes.” He said before looking at the digital screen before him and checking the choices of frappes.

tumblr_ou0cujYp5Y1s2fbzno1_540.gif

“Kai, but still, we~”

“Did you come alone, pretty?” A male had approached Minah, she looked at him.

“You don’t look like your busy, join us.” He gestured towards a table with two more males.

“Uh, I’m sorry, I can’t. I’m~”

“Eyyy, just join us. We’re going to have lots of fun together.” The man held her wrist, Minah puffed her cheeks in annoyance.

“Are you not going to let go of that hand?” Kai was standing beside her, his jaw twitched slightly.

“Who are you?” The male snorted.

“Somewhere between a boyfriend and husband, so, let go.”

“I don’t~”

“Do you want to be kicked out of this building?” Kai’s voice turned cold, he took a step towards the male.

“Kai,” Minah chided.

“Let go of that hand.” He repeated slowly, the other male let go and swallowed.

“Look, man, I was just~”

Three males in dark suits pulled him away from them, Kai faced Minah again.

“That was~”

“Here, your iced latte.” Kai handed her a cup, Minah looked at him.

“Now, let’s get you a matching track suit. Minjung wanted to buy you one, but I told her we should go together.” Kai took her hand and pulled her with him, she noticed how some females would glance at him appreciatively as they passed by.

“I almost forgot about his temper.” She murmured, Kai just grinned back at her.

“Really? Somewhere between a boyfriend and husband? Wow, Jongin.” She said dryly.

“Wow? We have two kids, Minah.”

 

“Blech.” She replied with a grin, Kai just tugged her hand as they got on the escalator.

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++