029

The Reunion

“You’re probably thinking how astonishingly petty I am,”

Minah glared as Hyemi walked to her, she was now tied to the chair, her ankles were taped together.

“No.” She spoke.

“No?” Hyemi chortled, Minah glanced at Hwan and Minjung briefly, tears were rolling down their cheeks, she winced.

“Let them go.”

“Sure, I’ll do that, and have the police trace me here.” Hyemi said sarcastically.

“Hyemi, if you let them go, he’d still let you~”

“All this, you’re doing just because of a man? Hyemi, you’re destroying your life and future over someone who~”

“I don’t want to hear it!” She yelled and wrapped one hand around her neck, Minah started to gasp for air.

“Maybe you should just go, you know. If you’re gone, then things will go back to normal.” Hyemi chuckled as her grip on her neck tightened.

 

 

“This is the place, vice president!”

Kai nodded as the helicopter started to descend, his bodyguard looked at him.

“I’ve already called for backup, vice president. They will be here in five minutes.” He said as they landed on the helipad.

“We don’t have time for that.” Kai said as he unbuckled himself and pulled up the seat, he took out a Revolver and checked the magazine.

“Sir,”

Kai leapt down from the helicopter, the other male sighed and picked up a gun for himself before following his boss.

Kai stared at the dilapidated building across the street, his forehead furrowed. He took out his phone and checked the tracker again.

“They’re here.” He stated as he walked towards the building’s edge, and then he noticed the Audi parked across the street.

“Taeyong’s car.” He said before running towards the steel door, he kicked it open before going down the steps.

 

 

Sehun stepped on the brakes just as the police started to surround the building.

“Stay in the car.” He said to Junhee before sliding down the vehicle. He walked towards the detective.

“What’s happening? Why aren’t you going inside?” Sehun asked.

“Sir, a…private army has arrived before us. They’re already inside.”

Sehun exhaled and his brows furrowed as he looked at the building, he saw men in clad in dark uniforms crowding by the entrance.

“Whoever did this, they are so dead.” Sehun murmured as he leaned against the police car.

“We also received special orders from the chief not to interfere. There’s also a total media blackout on this, sir.”

“Good, how about the children? How are they? And Minah? Is she still inside?”

“We can’t say, sir.”

Sehun sighed and just shook his head. And then before he could walk back to Junhee, a loud gunshot echoed from the building.

 

 

“Maybe you should just go, you know. If you’re gone, then things will go back to normal.”

“Let her go.” A deep masculine voice made Hyemi halt, she looked up.

“Well, finally, you’re here,” She smiled pleasantly, her three men started to appear from the shadows.

Kai tensed, his eyes went to the twins, then he jaw grew taut as he saw Minah, choking.

“What do you want, Hyemi?” Kai demanded as the three hooded figures walked to him.

“I want you to get rid of her.” She stated simply, Kai’s brows met briefly.

“Hyemi~”

“Do you know what happened? After our engagement fell apart, my family’s company~”

“The venture still went on!” Kai snapped, Hyemi smirked. Minah’s eyes went to the girl.

“You were lying.” Minah breathed, Hyemi turned to her and smiled, Kai was about to step forward but the males blocked him.

“Well, I wanted you to have a little bit comfort before I ended you, but now you know.” She shrugged, then she walked towards the table and picked up something.

Kai’s eyes widened when he realized what the item was.

“This pretty face, I know it’s all fake. That’s how you managed to get yourself pregnant so early.” Hyemi mused, she kept the hammer behind her.

“Shin Hyemi!” Kai yelled, but he was pushed back. His jaw tensed as he watched Hyemi pull up the hammer.

Kai met eyes with Hwan and Minjung, his lips started to move. Hwan swallowed and nodded, he nudged his sibling’s shoulder. Minjung then turned her head away and leaned against her brother.

Minah started to scream.

“How about I destroy your face first then I can deal with the rest later?” Hyemi asked softly, then before she could move, Kai took out his gun.

 

 

And he fired.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++