008

The Reunion

 

“Why do I have to come?” Minah whined as they exited the elevator.

“Why? Was I the one who gave birth to Jonghwan and Minjung?” Sehun asked dryly as they made their way to Kai’s door, they were at a Samsung owned condominium, where Kai was living.

“Still, you can just~”

“Zip it.” Sehun said before pressing the doorbell, the door opened instantly, Minah puffed her cheeks.

“Oh,” Sehun was stunned just as a girl with short hair greeted them, Minah looked up.

“Sehun-ah!” She beamed at him.

“Hye—Hyemi-ah,” Sehun was stunned.

Minah glanced at Sehun briefly.

“Are you here to pick up the kids? You must be Minah, hi.” The girl opened the door and extended her hand, Minah smiled back, she was about to take the girl’s hand when she noticed the ring on her finger.

“The jeweler just passed by, we were getting our rings fitted for final touches.” She spoke to Sehun.

Minah’s brows rose, before she could react, she saw Minjung walking towards them.

“Minjung-ah,” Kai was chasing after her, a small worried frown was on his face.

Darling, what~

I’ll be waiting outside.” Minjung quipped while pulling her Louis Vuitton trolley behind her.

“Minah.” Kai looked at her, his eyes wide, she faced him, and her eyes went to the ring on his finger.

Sehun wanted to hit his head against the wall beside him.

“I finally met her.” Hyemi grinned before looping her arm around Kai’s.

He fidgeted slightly.

“This—This is Hyemi, she’s…she’s my~”

“Fiancé, nice to meet you, Minah-ssi, I just had the most wonderful time with your kids.” She laughed.

Sehun sent Kai a look.

Minjung didn’t.” Jonghwan passed by, also carrying his leather backpack.

“It’s nice to meet you too, Hyemi-ssi, and congratulations.”

“You know what, I find it so nice that you and Kai have this peaceful arrangement with the kids. It’s good to see that~

“Mommy, I want to go home!” Minjung called from outside, Minah could hear the annoyance in her child’s tone.

“I’m sorry, I have to go.”

“About the penthouse~”

We’re not moving there. I hate it there. I hate this place too.” Minjung hollered again, Minah blinked at Kai.

“Did something happen?” Sehun murmured.

“Minah, I’ll walk you d~”

No, you don’t have to walk us down.” Minjung intervened again.

“Uh, we should go.” Minah said hastily before leaving the unit.

Hyemi waved at them before walking back to the living room.

“I thought you already told her.” Sehun sighed.

“I was about to,”

“Please don’t tell me you ran out of time, because you spent hours with them last night.” Sehun stated.

“Sehun,”

“She’s shaking you again, huh?” He spoke, Kai paused.

“Good for you then.” He stated before leaving the Samsung heir standing by the doorway.

 

 

Taeyong stepped out of his meeting and nodded as the employees bowed at him.

“Sir!”

He stopped walking when he heard his secretary call after him; he glanced back and saw the male jogging towards him.

“What is it?”

“I just got this,”

He took the piece of paper from the man, then his eyes widened.

“Nanhee,” His boss murmured before rushing towards the elevator, Taeyong pressed the button repeatedly, the doors closed and he looked at the screen as the numbers went down.

He reached the fourth floor and ran towards LeeSan’s advertising department.

“Director!” The department head stood up as soon as he walked in, the rest of his subordinates followed.

Taeyong walked towards Nanhee’s table, he tensed when he found it empty.

“D—director,”

“Jimin-ssi,” Taeyong faced the familiar lady.

“She already left, director. It’s been two hours.”

Taeyong let out a shaky breath.

“She received a letter from the administrative office,” She explained, Taeyong slammed his palm against the table before leaving the whole office stunned.

 

 

Minjung was quiet all through out the ride home, Jonghwan kept on trying to coax her to talk, but she wouldn’t budge.

“Mimi, I’m sorry, I thought you already knew.”

“Sehun, it’s fine.” Minah nodded.

“Still, it must~”

“I’m sorry,” Minah suddenly looked at him.

“Can we please not talk about it? Kai has his own life now, and I wish him well, I really do. I just don’t want to discuss it.”

Sehun closed his mouth and nodded.

Minah leaned back on her seat, minutes later they arrived at Taeyong’s place. The twins silently slid down from the vehicle with their bags in tow.

“I’m guessing you aren’t moving then.” Sehun spoke.

“Yeah. Thanks for today.” Minah bumped fists with him before walking to the house, she watched as the Porsche sped out of the property.

“Fiancé,” She repeated to herself, her brows creased together.

She heard the front door open again, Taeyong was looking at her.

“Noona, I~”

“Kai’s getting married.” She spoke.

Taeyong halted.

“Y-yes, it’s been announced months ago.” He replied, she bit her lip and nodded.

“Noona, about earlier, I’m~”

“I shouldn’t have come home.” She stated before brushing him off and entering the house.

 

 

Minah sat down on her bed; she was staring at an old Polaroid photo. It was taken right after their high school graduation; Minah was winking at the camera while Kai had his arms wrapped around her.

“What’s happening?” She murmured.

“I shouldn’t have come home. What does this make me look like? An ex-girlfriend who came home because he’s getting married.”

She exhaled before flicking the photo away from her.

Her phone started to ring; she picked it up without thinking.

“Agasshi, it’s me.”

She recognized the voice of her brother’s secretary.

“Yes, is something the matter?” She asked.

“I..I don’t know how to discuss this with you, but the director, we’re worried about him.”

She paused, she slid down from the bed and walked towards the windows.

“Why?”

“Miss Kang has been fired from the company.”

“What?” She was stunned.

“Director Lee found out that it was your grandmother’s doing, and knowing that….it might be difficult for miss Kang to find another job.”

Minah sighed.

“So, please help him, agasshi. He seemed so unstable earlier, he’s been trying to reach miss Kang, but, her phone is off.”

“Arasso, thank you for telling me.” She said before putting her phone away.

“Right, I have to be a noona now.” She nodded to herself, and then she heard the door behind her open.

“Noona, do..you have time?” Taeyong asked carefully, she walked towards him.

“Noona, I…I think I just made a mistake. Nanhee lost her job because of me.” He stated without looking at her.

“Taeyong, it isn’t your fault, halmae is~”

“It’s mine. I shouldn’t have,”

“Hey,” Minah nudged him and took his hand in hers.

“We can fix this, TY.” She said softly, then she finally noticed the white envelope in his hand.

“I don’t think we can, noona. I’m sorry for being mean to you.” He handed the envelope to her.

“What,” She opened it and she gasped when she saw what was inside.

“Taeyong, wait~”

Taeyong walked out of her room, seconds later, she heard his i8 speeding away from the lot.

She looked at the card in her hands.

 

 

 

It was an invitiation for Taeyong's engagement next week.

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++