030

The Reunion

Minah ducked, Hyemi was screaming. Her eyes scanned the room, Kai had the gun pointed upwards.

Minah panicked as she saw the three goons start toward Kai, but men in black suits tackled them.

Hyemi stood up, she dropped the hammer on the floor and ran out of the room.

Minah let out a shaky breath, she saw Kai rushed towards the twins and immediately untied them.

“Appa!” Minjung was crying, Minah tried to stand.

“Samonim!” Two guards rushed to her, they proceeded to cut the rope around her wrists and removed the tape on her ankles.

“Can you~”

“I—I’m fine…The kids,” She coughed, she heard Kai murmur something to Hwan.

“The helicopter is outside, them to the hospital right away.” He ordered, he kissed Hwan’s forehead before handing Minjung to one of the guards.

“Appa, will~”

“We’ll be there, Minjung. Don’t worry.” Kai smiled before kissing her cheek.

Minah exhaled and leaned back on the chair, tears strolled down her cheeks.

“Hey,” Kai rushed to her, she opened her eyes.

“Kai, I…She was… She’s..I want to leave…I hate this place…I never should have gone home…” She trailed off.

“I’m sorry, Minah. I’m so sorry.” He said before wrapping his arms around her, Minah started to sob.

Kai just kissed the side of her head before lifting her up.

 

 

Sehun watched as the police cuffed Shin Hyemi and her three goons.

“Minah!” Junhee slid down from the car and dashed towards Kai who had Minah in his arms.

“S—Sir,” The detective reached them.

“If you want to question her, do it later. My men will be backing away to let you take over.” Kai said, a black Range Rover halted before them.

“Is she okay?” Sehun asked.

“She’s fine.” Kai replied simply before moving forward.

“I will get you for this. This isn’t the end!” Hyemi screamed as she was being dragged to the police car.

Kai halted and looked at the girl, his brows met briefly before helping Minah into the vehicle.

“So, what happens now?” Junhee asked as Sehun and led her back to the car.

“Kai was the one who fired the gun.” Sehun said quietly before opening the door for her.

“The Shins? Will they~”

“No, they wont be able to survive what’s coming for them.”

 

 

Get some sleep.” Minah smiled before kissing Hwan’s cheek. Hwan just sighed at her, she smiled.

“Minjung’s already asleep, you should be too.” She gestured towards the bed across his.

I hate hospitals, mommy.

I know, me too.” She said before dimming the lights.

“Appa? He said he’d visit tonight.” Hwan said as two nurses entered the room, Kai had hired private nurses to watch over them. Plus, he had security posted outside.

“Appa’s busy, he said he’ll be here tomorrow. Good night, Hwan.” Minah said, she bopped her nose before stepping out of the room.

“Samonim,” A guard approached her, her hand went to her neck briefly.

“Kai?”

“He’s still at the company, he sent the helicopter for you.”

Minah bit her lip.

“How are things?”

“Multiple charges have been charged against miss Shin Hyemi, and she’s already gotten herself a public defendant.”

She nodded and started to walk.

“Would you like to go home?”

Minah halted, she saw her parents and halmae step out of the elevator, her guard stepped back.

Minah looked away.

“Minah, daughter!” Her mother rushed to her and cupped her face.

“How are you? The kids? Are they okay?” Her father asked.

“They’re okay, but the doctor suggested that they be admitted for some tests.” Minah spoke flatly.

“Minah,” Her halmae started to speak.

“I need to go. I have to see Kai.” She bowed politely before walking towards the elevator, two males in dark suits trailed behind her.

Mrs. Lee just exhaled in relief before rushing towards the room.

 

 

“Noona? You should be staying at the hospital too.”

Minah shook her head.

“I’m okay. Have you eaten?” She asked as she stepped out of the elevator, Taeyong sighed from the other line.

“Now’s not the time to be checking on me, you got hurt. The kids too~”

“Ya, start the nagging tomorrow. And just send my regards to Nanhee, I know she’s worried too.”

“Will do, keep safe, Lee Minah.” Taeyong said, she just smiled before ending the call. Her hand went to her bruised neck again.

She halted.

“Samonim?” The guard asked out of concern.

She just shook her head at them before going straight to Kai’s office.

“Cut them off.” Kai’s voice made her pause, she looked around the room. There were four males seated around the conference table.

They all stood up when they saw her, Kai exhaled.

“The venture with the Shins. I want everything cancelled.”

“But sir, talk will start and we’ve already released reports about,”

“Are we going to lose a lot if we cut them off? They were the ones who needed us as leverage for that venture.” Kai spoke, his tone soft and cold.

Minah bit her lip.

“We’ll send out an announcement tomorrow, vice president.” A director replied, he swallowed.

“I’ll have my secretary announce it tonight. Make it official tomorrow.” Kai said with finality, the four males bowed before leaving the room.

“What was that?” Minah asked as the doors closed behind them, Kai stood up from his seat and walked towards her.

“I needed to do a clean up.” Kai loosened his tie before wrapping his arms around her waist.

Minah smiled and just kissed his jaw.

“Hwan was expecting you, he was worried.”

Kai smiled, then it fell apart when his eyes went to her neck.

“Mi~”

“I had the doctors check it, no damage. Just…a lot of bruising.” She cut him off, Kai bit his lip.

“I’ll pulverize them.” Kai stated, Minah bit her lip.

“Kai, you don’t~”

“No, I have to. They touched my family.” Kai stated, Minah closed .

Kai exhaled before dropping his arms to his sides.

Minah looked at him questioningly.

“Minah,”

She nodded for him to talk.

 

 

“Do you want to leave me?”

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++