The Arrival

IN BETWEEN TWO BOULDERS

 

SanDara's POV

 

I ended up signing the contract as his voice came ringing inside the shop full of authority. I pouted as I look at him as he examines the contract. How could he be so mean and scary, aigoo!

 

He put the paper back on the table as he gave me his infamous evil smirk.

 

“let me keep that”, I said reaching for the paper but he beat me on it as he took it away from my reach.

 

“Yah, give me that”, I said leaning on the table.  He put his pointing finger on my forehead and pushes me back on my seat as he click his tongue.

 

“Aigoo, do you think I will entrust this to you after how many times you try to run from me?”

 

I look at him with wide eyes.

 

“I’m the one keeping this”, he smile as he wave the paper in his hands.

 

I pouted and hung my shoulders in defeat. I think, I’m no longer worth it, for him.

 

“Oh, before I forgot”, he then reach for me and my eyes widen in horror as I felt his hand on my chest.

 

“Yah!” I scream at this erted white headed guy in front of me. He looked at me and waves something in his hand.

 

Omoo, is that my phone?

 

Did he just take my phone inside my front pocket?

 

“Did you just touch my…”

 

“Ani”, he answered while typing something on my phone.

 

“I just took your phone…aisht! Is this even a phone why does your keypad not working right?” he said almost digging my phone with his thumb. To tell the truth my phone is err not in the latest trend. Well, maybe the grandmother of all colored phone with the antenna and everything and being use for almost 4 years it’s keypad had almost peel off and some aren’t working anymore.

 

Is he planning to break it?

 

“Yah, give me my phone back”, I said reaching out for it but once again he push my head away with his enormous hand.

 

“I’m almost done”, then I heard something ring. He reaches for his pocket then smile.

 

 “Here you go”, and he finally handed me my phone.

 

“I already save my number encase you already decided to be my slave before that 4 weeks”

 

“It will never happen mr. ”¸ I told him while glaring.

 

“Let see about that”, he chuckled as he stood up from his seat.

 

“ah, yeah don’t dare running away again. I’m always going to catch you no matter what”¸he once again gave me his infamous smile with matchng wink.

 

'gross'

 

“See you around, cheese agashi”, he raise his hand and went off.

 

----

 

 Seunghyun's POV

 

I’m whistling as I walk back in our building. Greeting everyone with a nod and a big smile painted on my face. They all look at me like I’m someone who just lose his head as I continue on tearing my face with this wide smile.

 

Boy, I’m in a good mood!

 

How can she easily fall for it? I had no plan in letting her go after what she had done to my precious baby.

 

Torture? Yeah, I’m aiming for that. Pissing her off seems a lot of fun as well; I chuckle as I remember her pouting a while ago. I smile to myself thinking how sweet can revenge be? I headed back to the basement where everyone was on chaos, running out. They gave me a slight nod as they pass by making me more confuse. Then I saw Youngbae running as well. I grab him on his shoulders.

 

“What’s going on?”

 

He looks at me and I saw the fear on his eyes. What can possibly wrong? I left them having fun and now they are in full panic.

 

“Seungri’s in trouble. I’ll explain everything later” and he took off.

 

Seungri?

 

“hyung”, Daesung greeted me as I enter. He was busy on his phone.

 

“what’s happening here?”

 

“Seungri texted Bae telling him his in trouble…”

 

 “what kind of trouble, now?”

 

“We also don’t know. I’ve been trying to contact him but he won’t pick up”, Daesung said worried.

 

I patted his shoulders “Bae is on his way everything gonna be alright”

 

I am not really sure what’s happening  but I really hope everything was alright. Daesung continue to dial Seungri’s number while I send some of my men to follow them to busan. Seungri is well know for his prank and I was silently wishing that this is one. We rather be prank by our maknae that he is in trouble rather see him beaten up into a pulp.

 

“Inform me if you had contact them arraso?” I said as I stood up from my sit.

 

“Eh? Where are you going?”

 

“Need to visit my office for awhile” and headed up to the 24th floor where my office was located.

 

I was surprise to see the door to my office slightly open and the front desk empty. Where the hell is Baro? Having a hint that someone is inside I quietly enter. Sitting infront of one of my pc was Baro his eyes was extremely focused on the monitor. I stood behind him un noticed as I take a look from above his shoulders.

 

“so this is what keep you busy”

 

“shh, I’m the ace I need to concentrate. I’ll talk to you later”, he mumble and begun shooting enemies in that computer game.

 

“hmm, nice gun”, I complemented.

 

“Yeah, m4a1.my boss got 4 of that”, he said proudly.

 

“Correction, I got 7 of that and I'm about to shot someone”

 

“hyung!!!”, he said almost falling from his seat as he turn around to look at me hiding the monitor behind him. "I was just.."

 

"Are you done with your work?"

 

"yeah", he nodded and pointed at my desk where pile of papers where gathered.

 

"So that's why your busy playing and leaving the front desk empty"

 

"Jesounghabnida, hyung", he said giving me a full bow "Please spare me for now, I won't do it again"

 

"hmmm, since your done with your work and it seems that your geting bored inside the office. I'll give you something that you'll keep yourself busy"

 

"Really?"

 

 "I want you to go to a bread shop down the road"

 

"Eh, what am I going to do there. i'm not really hungry"

 

I glared at him making him shut his mouth.

 

"Make sure that the weird agashii who's wearing a stupid eyeglasses, won't be able to produce 60000 won in 4 weeks, arraso?"

 

"Neh!" and he run off.

 

---

 

During lunch break Dara recieve a call from Eunjung inviting her for lunch. Dara's face lighten a bit as she thought that her friend had already sense that she was in trouble. It has been a while since she heard from her since she was always busy with her audition so she imidiately hurried to meet up with her and got dissapionted when she saw that her frined was with her boyfriend again, making her a little uncomfortable. Her face once again turn gloomy as she look at them with stray eyes.

 

"Dara-ah!" Eunjung came greeting her with a large smile on her face. she stood up to gave her a warm hug but she just pushed her away.

 

"Let's eat", she codly say.

 

The three order their food and as soon as their plate was landed on the table. Dara started digging in, ignoring the two.

 

"Oh, I didn't know Dara- shii loves eating", Nick said as he watch Dara eat like there was no tomorrow. His eyes widen surprise at the sight infront of him.

 

Eunjung raise an eyebrow as she watched her friend who didn't even care or try to make converstaion with them.

 

"Is there a problem?" she asked.

 

She stop eating and look at her with blank eyes.

 

"Are you the one paying these?" she asked still with the cold tone.

 

"uhmm, yeah. I guess so"

 

"Ahjumma, another serving please!!" Dara called to the lady in the counter raising her empty bowl in the air.

 

Nick look at Eunjung confuse in the behaivior that Dara was showing to them. She storm into the restaurant with her face all gloomy, eyebrows connected, lips pouting and murmuring words that they could not possibly understand. she look at him as if she's going to struggle him any second and he got no idea why, before she started feasting on the food.

 

'Could she possibly a man hater? Or maybe she just hate me?' he thought.

 

After a while Nick excuse himself due to a phone call and Eunjung grab the chance to speak up with her friend. She grab Dara's hand that was holding the chopstick.

 

"Yah! what's your problem? your eating like a monster, stop that", Eunjung said annoyed by her behaiviour.

 

"why because your boyfriend is watching" she still on her cold side.

 

"It's not that", she answer letting her go.

 

"I thought it will only be you and me. why is Nick here?" she look over her shoulders.

 

"what's your problem with that? I'm the one treating lunch so I can bring who I wanted"

 

"...", Dara stay silent stairing at her.

 

"come on Dara. I thought you like Nick?" Eunjung said upon remebering her story when she was drunk. That night when the white headed jerk was chasing Dara and Nick was at their apartment taking care of her.

 

"I'm jeoulus", Dara blurted making her startled on her sit.

 

"eh! are you turning homo on me?"

 

"Ha-Ha-Ha"

 

"don't try be funny", she once again look at her with blank eyes as she stab the table with the fork.

 

Eunjung flinch as the sight of her dearest friend became totally scary. there wais a dark aura surrounding her that it suddenly feels like being in a horror film.she finally sense that she was in a great trouble, she reach out for her other hand caressing it in the process.

 

"Dara what's the matter?"

 

Dara let go of a sigh calming herself.

 

"sorry about that. It was just you've been out lately and I'm really in a tight situation right now", she put her arms crossed on the table and rested her chin, looking up at Eunjung while pouting.Dara was about to open and begun her story when they Heard footsteps from behind.

 

"sorry about that", Nick said apologizing.

 

Dara half smiled at him before standing up.

 

"Break time is over. I need to go", she look at Eunjung and gave her a tiny smile which she imidiately return.

 

"I'll see you later", she heard Eunjung said behind.she just nodded not looking back and went back to her work.

 

---

 

SanDara's POV

 

"4 weeks!!!!!!!!"

 

Where the hell will I get 600000 won in just 4 weeks? I slap myself on the bed, feeling frustrated 2 days had already pass and there was no improvement in me finding an extra part time job that will pay good amount of money. Everytime I try to look for a job, It was always no vacancy, over qualified, under qualified, too small and I’m sorry I just heard where not hiring any more. gawd! I think I already heard every excuse so that they can kick me out of their offices.

 

I look at Eunjung who sat on the chair infront of the mirror, fixing her self. after my little drama in the restaurant, she finally had a time to come home, I’m really glad.

 

“You should have just accepted the errand girl contract, since you’ll still end up that way”, Eunjung blurted out after hearing my story.

 

Okay, I take back what I had said earlier. Slashing with the comb I was holding is very tempting right now. I glared at her on the mirror, she turn around to face me.

 

“what?”

 

“Tell me, do you wanna die?”

 

“But Dara I was stating the fact. He did that 4 weeks something so you could become his slave, isn’t he romantic”, she said with dreamy eyes.

 

“What are you talking about his retarded and so are you”

 

“hmm, I think he got hots on you. I wonder how did that happen?”

 

“asiht, stop blurting out non sense and start helping me to get that amount of money before my 4 weeks is over”, I said.

 

 "aigoo, don't be to hard on yourself. He is a good catch" she chuckle.

 

I throw a pillow toward her direction that hit her on the back of her head. too bad it didn't hit her hard.

 

"you need to get your eyes and brain check", I mumble as I sat down. She walks toward the bed and take the empty space beside me.

 

“hmmm, how about your dad”

 

“tshaa” I rolled my eyes at her. There is no way I’m going to ask for his help, never.

 

“do you have a death wish?” I once again glared at her.

 

She look at me under her lashes with a wide grin sending me shivers.

 

“so you want to be her slave, don’t you?”

 

There no use of speaking with this devil. she's insisting on accepting that errand girl, I think she badly wanted me to became that jerk slave.

 

Crap!!

 

I stood up and took my jacket hanging behind the door and put on my sneakers.

 

“where are you going?” she asked.

 

“away from you”

 

“Yah! I thought you miss me?”

 

“I change my mind”, I answer back before heading to the door.

 

Looking for a job right now is better than talking with Eunjung. That's why I decided to roam around our place. if I’m lucky enough maybe I can find answers to my problem. But then I realize that... that is what I’m lacking. I don’t have any luck with me. I always end up in big trouble like this.

 

I heavy a deep sigh as I put my hands inside my pocket. The breeze is getting colder maybe it was a bad idea going out. I decided to go to the nearest convenient store to get something hot to drink. I got an instant coffee from the vendor machine inside. I sat on the empty chair at the corner of the store and begun sipping my hot drink. It was already late and the teen agers hanging inside the store is already saying goodbye to one another. I bet they still got homeworks to do, hanging out really late. aren't they making their parent worried?

 

Beep!!!

 

I look up at the clock inside the store, it’s already 12 am and I got an idea who it could be. I felt the irritation cringing up on me as my phone vibrated from my pocket. I fish it out of my pocket looking at it lifelessly. I should have destroy this thing a long time ago.

 

"Relax, Dara. That’s the only phone you got and you cannot possibly be able to purchase one”, I told myself.

 

‘Let it be Eunjung’ I silently prayed as I open up my phone.

 

 

 

from: it’s me

 

yah! cheese agashi

 

25 days left....

 

SLAVE.ᄏᄏᄏᄏᄏ!!! ($v$)

 

 

 

Stupid jerk.

 

That white headed jerk is really pissing me off sending me daily countdown and even had time to miss call. Glad, I don’t have any obligation to text him back cause I’m really planning on ignoring everything.

 

After drinking some refreshment, I went out of the store and started my way back to our apartment.

 

I was walking in the dark street when I suddenly heard footsteps from behind. The street are almost empty at this hour only few cars passing by. I pasten my pace as my heart starts to beats fast when I realize that the sound was following me. The steps where getting nearer and I was so scared to look behind that I jolted into a run.

 

“Dara shi!!!” he called from behind.

 

‘Omo, he even know my name’

 

I try to run away as fast as I could from the man who was chasing me but his cold hand caught mine, making my eyes bulge out from its socket. I gulp a lump on my throat as my other hand turn into a fist and with a loud KYAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

 

My fist landed flat on his face. With the adrenaline I had from being scared he lost balance due to the impact. But still he didn’t let go of his hold that he pulled me with him. We ended up lying on the street with me on top of him.

 

Finally realizing the awkward position I was in, I immediately stood up and once again try to wiggle free from his hold. He sat up caressing his face and once again pulls me down.

 

“Yah, what’s that for?”

 

I look at him as he uncovers his face. the fear that I had earlier had already vanish as I saw the guys face. It was redden from the punch I had release yet he manage to curve a small smile on his face.

 

"mi-mi-Minho-ah"

---