Grandma Bunny, annyeong~

IN BETWEEN TWO BOULDERS

---

 

"Oppa is that you?" A girl’s voice called out as the door closes behind YB. He took of his shoes and went straight to the room where the voice is coming from.

 

"I'm home", he answer back as he went to the side of the bed and place a kiss on the girls forehead. "How are you feeling?"

 

"I’m feeling fine now that you’re here", she answer as she try to get up. "How was your day?" She asked back as she raise her hands to touch his face "are you hurt somewhere?" Her hands travel on his face trying to feel a scar or wound that might be there.

 

“I’m fine", he answer back as he caught her hands "you had nothing to worry about oppa is fine"

 

"I’m glad", YB smile as he kisses his sister hands.

 

"So do you like it here?"            

 

"Aniyo", she answered in a bored expression.

 

“Why? are you still feeling miserable? Oppa is doing all he can"                                            
 

The girl pouted as she listens to him. "I didn’t ask you to bring me to a nice house, buy me new clothes. I don’t need all that. I feel miserable cuz until now. I can’t see your face, I keep missing you every day. I got worried about you every day. I can’t tell if you’re lying about being wounded. I only hear what’s happening to you from the ahjumma that comes in and out of my room. And now you asked her to stop talking to me. Nappun namja"

 

Despite hearing her outburst YB can’t help but smile.

 

"Aigoo, my little Hayi", he then said messing her hair. " ara, I'll tell the ahjumma to talk to you again but stop asking about my work"   

 

She taps his hands off. "Are you kidding me??"

 

"You dont want?"

 

"Ani— she's the only person I could talk to anyway"

 

"Good", YB stood up and went to prepare her meals.

 

"By the way oppa how was she?"

 

"Nugu?"

 

"Sandara unnie?"

 

YB paused from what he was doing as he got no idea how she was able to find out about. He was keeping her away from his job.

 

Sensing his oppa being silent she decided to talk.

 

"Mianhae, I called Minhyuk. Remember the guy I meet in uncle's residence. He was assigned to guard unnie. He told me you were involved in saving unnie"

 

“So that guy told you everything?"

 

"Ani, he just told me that you help them rescue her"

 

"Yes, I did. What do you wanna know?"

 

"You really didn’t get hurt? Anywhere?" she asked thinking he was hiding it from her.

 

"I didn’t. I was working behind the shadows"

 

"Aren't you in a dangerous position? What if they found out that working under uncle? Can you just quit? I'm the one getting scared for you oppa"

 

YB looks at his beloved sister. If only he could he would never enter this business, if only he was strong enough to protect his own sister. She wouldn’t have ended like this. But he was weak and now he got to do this for them to survive in this cruel world they all belong to.

 

He kneels down in front of her as he place his hands over hers.

 

"Mianhae, but oppa needs to protect his family"

 

"Oppa!"

 


"Bear with me. Arraseo"

 

 

 

----

 

Did she run away? He asked himself trying to recall their last encounter. It was just yesterday morning when he brought her to her office. He was teasing her as usual and they were bickering about her grandma attire. He can still remember how she puffs her cheeks, turns away from him and started to throwing tantrums. He can't help himself from laughing finding her actions cute. 

 

As far as he know bickering is part of their daily routine and she can't imagine she'll left him just because of that. He didn't go too far in insulting her flowing grandma attire, did he? he didn’t even mention that the only one missing is her white hair, he restrain himself throwing too much insult that day but then where did she go?

 

He was planning in bringing her to the ice cream parlor after work to cool her head down but when he went to her workplace she was nowhere to be found. He called her but instead of answering his call he receive a text from her telling him that a friend come to pick her up. 

 

At first he thought of arguing with her in why did she leaves without telling him but after thinking about it, he decided to let it go for once. Maybe she needs time with her friends since he has been keeping her for himself for more than a week already. 

 

Morning came and his bunny didn't come home driving him half-crazy. He called her but she won’t pick up. He pace back and forth in his room trying to think of a reason why she isn't answering,  he was trying to hold his temper in every single ring his phone made as his calls has been ignored for multiple times already. 

 

"Can't you even send me a text”, he shouted over the last ring. His grip tightening. 

 

Getting impatient he dial Bae number. He is the only one who can help him locate where his bunny is hiding at this moment. The phone on the other line continues to ring and then died down. He dials it again and just like all his calls it was ignored. With grinded teeth he type a message to Bae all in Caps after sending he dial his number again but this time his call got cut off and that finally pull the trigger of being patient and handling this situation with a calm heart. 

 

He took his coat hanging on the side of his bed and doesn’t even bothered in combing his hair as he dash out of his bed room. He was in a hurry as he went down the stairs. 

 

*Beep* He stop frozen on the steps as he watch the figure that just enter the house. 

 

Dara turn around and saw him in a bewildered state. His hair pointing in every direction, looking like a messy bird nest, his mouth slightly part open, his eyes widely staring at her. She knows she's in trouble from coming late but she wasn’t able to stop the smile from forming in her pink lips as she stares back at him.

 

"Good morning", she greeted.

 

Seunghyun blinks twice before gulping and looking away as he held on the stairs railing for support. He was supposed to be angry but after seeing that sweet smile on her face his anger has been washed away. He coughs as he felt his chest restricted before he look back at her and compose himself.

 

"Why did you come just now? And why the hell are you not picking up? Do you badly want to die?"

 

"Mianhae, I lost my phone"

 

"You what?!" he frown at her. 

 

"Well something happen and I just happen to drop it"

 

"Something happen? Are you alright?" he asked worried and started examining her from head to toe.

 

"I'm fine", she said stopping him. She can't help giggle as she looks at him again.

 

"Yah! What’s funny?"

 

"Nothing", she looks away clasp her hand on and try to control her laughs.

 

He pulls her hands off making him startle as he look at him intensely.

 

"Tell me?"

 

"You looks like an old man today", she bite her lower lips preventing the smile. It was the first time she saw him like this and it was really a site to her.

 

"What?" he look at his reflection and he sure look like he age 10 yrs with the dark circle under his eyes, his messy hair that he has pulling out of frustration and he also button his shirt wrong. "Argh! I'm aging because of you"

 

"Why are you blaming it on me?"

 

"Well, because obviously you’re the only grandma living in this house and you’re infecting me with your disease"

 

"Tss, I am not and I don't have a disease", she said frowning and cross her arms on her chest. He just smirks at her cute action.

 

"I'm just going to change. I'll prepare your food later", she then said excusing herself.

 

He watch her every step feeling relieve that she came back. 'Don't make me worried again' he whispers to himself as he once again looks at his reflection. 

 

Seunghyun do I still know you? Why are you acting stupid? Why the hell are you grinning like that? Are you that happy that she's still here? You crazy bastard. 

 

 

 

Dara closes the door behind her as she let go of a sigh. She smiles at herself as she remember how he easily erase her worries with those stupid stuff he says and their usual bickering make her forget about her own problem. Every time he is there she felt like she is in another world and she can't deny that she is starting to like this place better than she should. 

 

She shook her head letting the thoughts go and was astonished on what she saw. Did, I enter the wrong room? She asked herself. She opens the door and went out. She counts the door and stare at her door for some time. 

 

Seunghyun walk up the stairs with his hand shove in his pocket when she saw her in that state. He smiles remembering why he stayed up late last night.

 

Dara walks in again and her eyes roam in the tidy room. 

 

"Do you like it?" she jumps out startle as he whisper from behind her. 

 

"You?" he smiles.

 

"Yah! why did you touch it what if—“

 

"shhh", he stop from moving leaning close to her, his lips almost brushing on hers. His boyish grin makes its way on his lips as he pulls away. "Don't get mad I already think about that while I clean this mess"

 

"What?" she asked confuse. 

 

Seunghyun clean her room, she should be happy and thankful since he prevent a new ecosystem from evolving in her own room. But then he touches her work, now she doesn’t know where is where, her unfinished and finished paper, her list. How can a guy be so tidy?

 

Seunghyun walked over the table and took a paper on the desk. 

 

"Tada!" he said showing her his notes in where her stuff is located. "The books is right there", he pointed at the new shelf in her room. "The file box are over there, it is labeled on the side for the finished and unfinished job. And also I change your table for a much bigger one, also change the old lamp", he said touring her around in her room. "And oh yeah, there is a laptop on the drawer beneath the desk"

 

She frowns hearing that he also brought a laptop. 

 

"Hearing that you lost your phone that thing will be helpful, right?"

 

"Why are you doing this? I didn't asked you too"

 

He laughs as he comes up with an answer "well, you don't have to. And don't think I did it because of you", she raises an eyebrow "I was thinking of ways on how I will waist my money and I thought of redecorating this room"

 

"Wasting your money? Tss—. That's all the rich dude think of. Why don’t they you just burn it"

 

"What?" he was taken aback.

 

"Well this isn’t really consider wasting since you spend it for a room in your house"

 

"Hmmm, don't you like it?" he asked hopeful.

 

"Does it matter? This is yours so you can do whatever you want with it", and Seunghyun was kindly hurt hearing her said that. He actually did all of this thinking of  her. 

 

Dara looks around and stops as she reach the mirror that was holding her sticky notes. Something caught her eyes that brought the smile back. She looks at the note and then his hurt reflection in the mirror and somehow she regrets the thing that came out of . She isn't angry at him, she just remember how that woman trying to pay her to be gone. 

 

"Then I'll take my leave", Seunghyun said as he turn his back and was about to go out.

 

"I really like it, gomawo", he heard her said and he immediately turn around to look at her. She was looking at the note he left alongside with her sticky notes.

 

She turns and smiles at him. "Your really are funny"

 

credits to my dongsaeng. ^^

 

 

---

 

 

 

 

 

SanDara's POV

 

"I'm ready!" I called out leaping with one foot at the steps on the stairs as I put sneakers on my other foot.

 

"Do you really wear sneakers at work?" he asked eyeing me. 

 

"Well, mostly", I answer as I finally stand in my two foot and look at my perfect sneakers. What could be wrong with them when they are this comfortable?

 

"Am I going to cook breakfast or are you going to eat at work?" I asked since where running late for office. 

 

I saw him grins as he looks at me intensely.

 

"What?" I asked confuse.

 

"You sound like a wife?" 

 

I flush red realizing that we actually sound like a married couple, asking each ones needs. 

 

"tss, just answer?" I turn around hiding my fluster face and was about to go to the kitchen when he grabs my shoulder. 

 

"We'll just grab something on our way. You’ll be late for work", he then told me and lead me to the door.

 

He was right we are running late for office. OH! Wait I stop and turn around to look at him. He isn't wearing his office attire just plain white shirt with his red coat and jeans. 

 

"Aren’t you going to work?"

 

"Nope", he answers as he took me by the wrist and pulls me toward the car. He opens up my door and I slide down eyeing him as he makes his way toward his.

 

"Why?" 

 

He starts the engine and our car start to move backward as we exit his parking lot. He smiles as he caught me staring watching his every move.

 

"What can’t get enough of me?" I roll my eyes at him as he chuckle.

 

"You haven’t answered me. Why are you not going to work?" I asked really curious on what he is up to.

 

"I had something else to do", he answer not really giving me much of information and I somehow felt disappointed, I wanna know more about him.

 

“Oh!” I manage to say as I look away. Maybe he is planning to meet with his girlfriend, who knows? And I should not care about it, it’s his life anyway not mine.

 

He parks his car near my office and I immediately grab my bag in a hurry. I’m running pretty late now and I already prepared myself for the scolding I’m gonna receive from my director. I open the door and slide out of his car.

 

“Yebeo!” I look back as I sure I heard him called “I’ll pick you up later, bye honey”, he wink before he speed off and I stood there mouth hanging open.

 

Did, he just called me honey? Kyahhh!!! I started spazzing inside me head before my subconscious shut me up. 

 

Okay, I should not be spazzing cuz that guy loose a screw in his head. I sigh regaining myself and walk to my office all smiles and put the invisible strand of hair behind my ears biting my lower lips.

 

---

"Dara", Minho came out of nowhere blocking her way with his eyebrow cross. He looks elsewhere trying to control his irritation after seeing her come out of that guy car. "Why are you with that guy?"

 

"I work for him remember", she reminds him.

 

"So you run to him when you left me in the hospital earlier?" he can’t hide the disappointment in his voice making her mad as well.

 

"Minho, you know why I left", she pointed out "You shouldn't brought me there in the first place", she sigh irritated "Maybe if you brought me to a cheap hospital it won’t be that bad but you freaking brought me to an expensive hospital full of blonde and english doctors. We can't afford that plus there’s nothing wrong with me"

 

"You were unconscious for sometime Dara and It was your dad who pick that place", he reason out.

 

"And that was the worst part, knowing that you let him do that"

 

"It was for your own good. He just wants to make sure your safe"

 

"There's nothing’s wrong with me, how many times do I have to repeat myself? I don't even understand why I'm needed to be hospitalized", he look at her with knowing eyes "Okay, I got hit by something and fainted. For all we know it might be just a ball played by those kid in the street and because I was in too much stress and fatigue like the doctor said that's why I stay asleep for some time. Come on do I need to be examined just because of that?"

 

"You see, you don't even know what happen to you"

 

"And you know? You're not even there", he felt silent not knowing what to say. He was told not to tell and he doesn’t want to scare her anyway. If she knew she was abducted she'll freak out and he doesn’t want that to happen.

 

"Dara, I think it would be better if you stay with your dad”

 

"Tss, Minho do you hear yourself? me stay with that man?" 

 

"He only wants the best for you Dara and I’m sure that’s also what omoni wants"

 

"Best for me?!? He doesn’t even know what's best for me", she hissed in anger. She closed her eyes and let go of a deep sigh trying to control her irritation. 

 

"Minho please I don't really wanna fight with you so please let’s stop this", she open her eyes and they where begging she don't wanna hear anymore. "I'm better of without him and you knew that. I manage to leave without him all my life", a bitter smile form in her lips as a tear roll down on her cheeks that she immediately wipe it off.

 

"I'm sorry", Minho mumble as he close the distance between them "I wasn't planning in making you upset early in the morning. I just want you safe"

 

Safe? She frowns having no clue.

 

"Don’t frown it doesn’t suite you", he said cupping her face "I'm really sorry", he once again mumble knowing that he made her cry.

 

He doesn’t know how to explain to her that he was just worried that something might happen to her while he was not around to protect her. If she's in his dad protection he'll worry less since she'll be protected 24 hours but it seems it'll be hard to get her in that side. 

 

"Bad guy why did you even bother come here and fight with me”, Dara sniff and hit him on the chest.

 

“Mian, that wasn’t really my original plan”, he said as he caught her hands that was still in his chest. He almost forgot why he came looking for her.

 

“Your holding me late don’t you know that?” she said as she look at her clock.

 

Minho took something in his pocket as his hands still held her other hand. He then places a box on her hands and smile.

 

“What’s this?” Dara asked as she looks up at him.

 

“Remember when I told you that we should get rid of those glasses of yours?”

 

“Oh!” she gasps in realization.

 

“It’s my early birthday present. Saeng-il chugha hamnida”

 

Dara jump into his arms blushing as she gave him a tight hug.

 

“Aigoo, you really know how to make up with me that easily”, he smile “Thank you”

 

---

SanDara’s POV

After that crazy talk with Minho I went to the office and the world immediately fall in front of me. Let me rephrase that…The work immediately falls right in front of me.

 

I look at the pile of papers on my desk that I need to finish as soon as possible. Darn, if only I wasn’t 30 minutes late I’ll be already in the cafeteria enjoying the new bake pantries. I heavy a sigh as I flip the pages of the papers in front of me. This is my punishment and I better get started before they decided to add another batch and I knew they will. I haven’t been halfway on my previous paper when another batch came and I look at the intern with my zombie eyes. I just knew it.

 

Gladly Hye Sun drop on my desk and brought me some biscuits that I can nibble while I’m on the job. I wasn’t allowed to get off my sit until I finished all this, how cruel could they be. I swear I’ll never be late again, EVER!!!

 

After a while the papers finally decrease and I drop on my table feeling exhausted. I look at the Minho’s gift on the side and slowly reach out for it.

 

‘Should I try it on?’ I asked myself hesitant.

 

I grab the mirror on the side and place it in front of me before I open up the box. I look at myself in the mirror. I’m already using seeing myself with these glasses so I don’t really find it bad. I look at the contact Minho gave me and look at the mirror again. A change wouldn’t bad right?

 

The last time I saw myself wearing contact lense is the night I went with Eun Jung in the bar. I remember the pretty women mimicking my action in the mirror that time.

 

Will I be able to see that women again?

 

I can’t help asked myself as I remember how people look at me before. And the worse memory came back to me. It was during my birthday when that halmoni called me ugly in front of everyone. It was also the same day I realize that my dad really abandon us. Everyone laugh at me and since then I decided to hide under those large glasses. It’s like my confidence are on them but it’s time to let go of them.

 

I took off my glasses and put on my contact lenses. I blink for some time adjusting and then look at myself again in the mirror.

 

Well, I look really different without those glasses. I loosen my hair and let it fall naturally. Since it’s been ban for sometime it gives that soft wavy effect ad a cute curl just above my chest. I smile looking at myself satisfied.

 

Somehow I feel I look better just need a little eyebrow plucking and maybe I should put a little lip shiner on.

 

“Ms—“, I almost drop the mirror startle as someone enter.

 

“Mr. Lee”, I said standing up on my sit and bowing.

 

Lee Donghae the head of IT department was standing on the side eyes wide as he stares at me. He gulp before returning back to his senses as he fix himself and walks toward me.

 

“Ms. Park you look different today”

 

 I look at him dumb folded as I was kindda surprise that he knows me. Even though were in the same building I never really got a chance to talk to him. Well he was popular in the office. He was like the dream guy of every female species in this building having the looks and brains.

 

“Uhm, I just drop by to give you this”, he then said and put another batch of paper works on my table. I try to control my jaw from dropping. I’m already so tired. He look at the one he brought and the other papers on my table and I can see that somehow he felt sorry.

 

“Is your department being hard on you?” he then asked with raise eyebrows.

 

“Anio”, I answer since I was the one at fault.

 

“Wanna work in my department?”

 

“Eh?” I was again startle.

 

“If your having a hard time here, you’re welcome to come in my department”, he said smiling at me.

 

“I’m alright sir”, I told him shyly.

 

“Ms. Park”, he looks at me intensely making me self conscious “you should think about it first. Don’t reject something without thinking about it first, understand?”

 

“Yes sir”

 

“Alright, by the way after finishing that I think you’ll be free to go”

 

“Eh? What do you mean sir?”

 

“The head of all department would be having a private meeting so everyone will be dismiss early”

 

“Oh, I see”

 

He paused for awhile and look at my paper work once again as he put his hand under his chin then he looks at me thinking.

 

“Is there something wrong sir?” I asked.

 

“Ani”, he shook his head “I think I’m gonna call someone to help you with that so you can finish early”, he then said.

 

“No, sir I can manage”

 

“I insist ms. Park let me help you a little”, he said smiling leaving me in awe. He then turn around and headed to the elevator.

 

I stare at the elevator blankly. What did just happen?”

 

---

“Omoo!!! D to the A to the R to the A”, Hye Sun shriek as she run toward me giving me a tight hug. “I’m really happy to see you out of the freaky glasses. Eun Jung will be really happy to see this. I live long enough to witness such miracle”, she said dramatically.

 

“Yah! Stop, you’re embarrassing me”, I told her as I can feel everyone was starring at us.

 

“Tell me you’re out of those glasses for good”, she said looking me under her lashes.

 

“I won’t wear them again unless it’s necessary”, I told her just satisfy the crazy women.

 

“Fair enough, now let’s get a sit”, she then said dragging me to the plastic chairs on the middle.

 

I was halfway finishing my work with the help of an intern Mr. Lee Donghae had sent when everyone was called for a meeting. The meeting were attending is different from the one he told earlier since I haven’t spotted him here and only the employees are gathered.  

 

We sat in the middle part of the room as we listen attentively to te one speaking in front. They went on discussing about the progress of the company and the ball they are planning when out of nowhere someone’s phone started ringing cutting the discussion.

 

Heol~ they already told to turn off all devices before the meeting started. Who the hell is that hard headed person who didn’t turn off or silent his/her mobile?

 

As if reading my mind everyone turns at me with those accusing eyes.

 

“Oh, No! I lost my phone”, I told them shaking both of my hands in front of me. There’s no way it could be possible mine.

 

“Uhm, Dara”, I look at Hye Sun

 

“What? It’s true I lost my phone yesterday”, I told her.

 

“The sound came from your bag”, she said pointing at my bag on the side.

 

I immediately ped it and started digging on my things and found that silver gray phone ringing loudly. Damn, why is his phone in my bag?

 

“Oh, someone forgets their phone in my bag”, I said sheepishly turning red as I hold the damn phone in my hand. This is just so embarrassing.

 

“Ms. Park can you just answer that call so we can continue our meeting?” The speaker said looking displease at me. I bow my head in embarrassment.

 

I hit the answer button gulping as my hand start to sweat. It isn’t my phone in the first place and I had no idea who is calling. What if it’s one of his girlfriends? I’ll be dead for sure.

 

“Yoboseyo?” my voice shaking.

 

“Finally you pick up”, it was a guy.

 

“Mianhae, but Seunghyun left his phone in my bag. I’ll tell him to call you later”

 

“Yah! It’s me”, my eyes widen upon recognizing the voice from the other line.

 

“Seunghyun?”

 

“Yes”

 

“Why? How?” my words got all tangle up.

 

“I just thought that I need a way to contact you so I’m going to let you use my phone for awhile. Just save this number and you got everything you needed”, he said and I imagine his boyish grin forming on his lips.

 

“What? You left it in my bag on purpose?” I was half mad.

 

“Yes, I was texting you and since earlier but it seems you just discover it”

 

“Why didn’t you tell me?”

 

“Yah! Are you mad?”

 

“No I— forget it”, I roll my eyes. I don’t want to tell him that he just cause a scene in the meeting with this stupid phone. He’ll tease me once he heard it.

 

“Don’t forget I’ll pick you up later so don’t go anywhere and wait for me araseo?”

 

“Err— about that I think I’ll be heading home first they’ll be dismissing us early”

 

“Dismissing early, should I go there now?”

 

“Oh no, you don’t have too. I can head home alone”

 

“You sure? You know you’re a disaster magnet don’t you?— I just want to make sure you'll be able to come home safely”

 

“Argh!  Seunghyun”, I called grumpily “I can manage to come home without a scratch you should give me some credits I had stayed alive for years”, I heard him chuckle.

 

“Araseo, then I’ll just see you at home?”

 

“Yes, boss sees you at home”,  I reply back and ended the call. I chew my lower lips as an anticipating smile form on them. I wonder how he'll react once he see me. 

 

~o0o~