Batman

IN BETWEEN TWO BOULDERS

 

Sandara’s POV

I wasn’t really planning on following them but after hearing her yell, I suddenly felt guilty. I’m scared that I might have cause some misunderstanding between the two making me came to the decision of coming down and explain everything truly. But I guess that was a bad idea.

 

 

“She’s— nothing”. I clearly heard those words came out from his mouth before he place a kiss on her forehead. I turn my back on them as my eyes started to sting as I look at the two figures. I bite my lips fighting the waterworks as I march back inside

 

Aigoo, the wind outside must be blowing hard making my eyes all watery. I silently curse as I close the door behind me and wipe the tears that had escape.

 

STUPID WIND!!!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Seunghyun’s POV

 

I caress the small bump on the back of my head as I examine my face on the mirror. It has been days already and the bump hasn’t completely healed yet. I had no clue on how did I got that thing since I can’t remember anything that happen after the party. I tried to ask Dara about it and she said I got this after falling on the stairs when I went home drunk. Damn, did I just humiliate myself in front of her? Me, the legendary TOP fall on the stairs? That couldn’t be true.

 

I sigh in frustration trying to remember anything but nothing come up as if the memories of that night after the party have been completely cleared. Maybe I really did fall due to alcohol but NO— I still couldn’t believe it.

 

If I really did fall should she have taken advantage of it, taking photos, teasing or making fun of me? Why does it seem she’s avoiding the topic itself like she wanted to forget what happen that night. Am I missing something, here? Wait, maybe she’s the one who fall and accidentally hit the back of my head. Or maybe there is something more humiliating that happen to her than my fall. I think I’m going to push through this until she reveals the truth.

 

Hohoho. >:)

 

I went downstairs only to be greeted by silence. This is something not really comforting for me. I think I’m already used hearing her battling with the pans downstairs or singing her lungs out while doing chores but today my house felt empty once again.

 

“Dara”, I called out as I enter the kitchen expecting her making my breakfast only to find out that it is also empty.

 

I found a note on the table just beside my breakfast.

 

          Jerk,

Just went out to buy some stuff. I’ll be back later.

Dara

 

Aisht! Why does she keep disappearing lately? Is she avoiding me? She doesn’t even tell me where she’s going. I took my phone inside my pocket and started dialling her number. I can’t help but curse as I hear something vibrating on the top of the refrigerator. I reach for it flip it open and saw my caller id flashing on the screen that just added to my irritation.

 

STUPID JERK, she change my name to that in all caps and an evil smiley at the end. That evil bunny, how could she name me like that after I started being nice to her. I definitely need to punish someone.

 

~o0o~

 

Sandara’s POV

 

I put on my hood as the wind start to ruffle my hair as I walked in the silent street of Seoul without knowing where I’m actually heading. I ended up running out in panic as soon as I heard the door of his room open. Gosh! Why am I starting to act like this? I’ve been trying to avoid him since that day we shared our first kiss.

 

Did my brain say it right WE—?

 

KYAHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

I think I’m starting turning pale thinking about it. How did I end up kissing the jerk back? I suppose to loathe him, hate him to the core. His the guy who  stole my precious kiss, the wild beast in the club, the reason I’m poor right now, err— okay his not the exact reason why I’m poor right now but he added to my poorness..kekeke. He’s the guy who always irritates me, insult me, the same guy who gave me a place to stay, food to eat, tend my wounds and the one that makes my heart almost jump out of my chest with his lips softly brushing on mine.

 

Err— wait what did I just said? I stop on my tracks shaking the thoughts off. I couldn’t be possibly falling for that jerk. NO WAY!

 

I was continuously shaking my head when I bump into someone and landed on my dropping my glasses.

 

“Yah!”

 

Argh! Not again. I already can smell trouble upon hearing the guys voice.

 

“I’m so sorry”, I bowed down at him and begun searching for my glass since everything gets blurry without them on. When I finally got a grip of it the man suddenly yanks my arm forcing me to stand up.

 

“Yah, I already said I’m sorry”, I put on my glasses and saw a thin ahjussi staring at me with wide red eyes. I think his drunk or might be high on something. A smirk form on his face as he slowly inch his face toward me and I can surely smell the foul odour coming from his mouth.

 

“Boss, I think I got a nice catch” he then called out from behind me.

 

Catch? What am I? A fish?

 

“Yah, mister”, I try to wiggle free from his hold but he just held on me tighter.

 

“Aisht! This fool.  just let go of that ahjumma we had no time for that”, the guy behind me said.

 

“this isn’t an old lady”, he look over my shoulders before looking back at me as his eyes start to explore “This is a doll in disguise”

 

What the hell is wrong with this guy. Before I can even hear the other guy making his way toward us I bite the arm of the guy who was holding me. He scream letting go of me and it was my chance to run away since I’m starting to get scared on the way he was looking at me but before I can escape he caught my hair and pull me back.

 

“You!”  he slap me hard on the face making me loose balance and once again my glasses fall off.

 

“stop it, I haven’t seen your catch yet”, the other voice said and once again I was forced to stood up. I saw a blurred vision of a chubby man with a bald head. He leans forward and then places his hands on my face.

 

“Yah! Don’t touch me”, I snarl at him as I lean away.

 

“a warrior doll”, the guy laughed. “Get her in the van”

 

Upon hearing that I started to panic as the guy started to drag me toward their vehicle. I try to throw punches and kick but wasn’t able to hit something. I wiggle trying to free myself but he yanked my hair making me scream due to pain as I can feel my scalp being torn.

 

“Let go, let go”, I cried on top of my lungs as I got a hold on a post before I they could throw me to their vehicle.

 

“you really testing my patience, you—“, his voice has been cut off as we heard a zooming sound of a motor coming. I heard a scratching sound after that and a crash making me shut my eyes.

 

“BASTARD! Are out of your mind you could have hit me with that”, I heard the other guy said.

 

“I was planning to”, another voice came out from nowhere making me glance at their direction.

 

Standing not far from us is a guy in black though I can’t see him fully but I knew he was staring back at me.

 

“Tss, this fool”, I heard the guy snarl as he throw a punch to the guy in black who immediately dodge it. He then step forward and punch the chubby guy on the stomach. It was just a one punch but the guy fall down unconscious on the ground making the one holding me step back dragging me with him.

 

“Yah, get him?” the other guy said and another bunch of guys step down the vehicle and attack the guy. Since the one holding me is distracted I grab the chance to face him and knee his in between making him growl in pain as I escape. I can hear him behind me but before he can reach me a hand blocked me protectively and throws punches on the guy. I step back as the chaos once again started.

 

I was in full panic as I search for my lost glasses under the table outside the still close coffee shop. Where the hell did I drop those? I was busy looking for it when someone was thrown over it unaware of my presence making me scream in shock.

 

“Yah! What are you doing there”, the guy in black called out as he yanked the unconscious guy away from me.

 

“looking for my glasses. I can’t see without them on”, I told him and once again started looking for it.

 

“Aisht! Hurry I can’t hold this any long”, he said as he try his best to beat those bastards trying to get their hands on me.

 

I don’t know why they are persisting in getting me when they could get other girls around Seoul. Why am I the only unlucky girl around here.

 

“as soon as you find your glasses, run. Do you understand?” he then said before he step away attacking the guys.

 

Atlast, I felt the cold glass on my hand and immediately glance at the guy who was fighting for me. He was wearing a black leather jacket, Jeans and a black mask on his face. his bike was lying on the street few meters away from us. I look back at the fight and my eyes widen in horror as I saw some guy grab a chair and throw it toward my direction. I knew it’s going to hit me but before it does aprotective hand held me tight as I squeeze my eyes shut.

 

“I told you to run, didn’t I?” I open my eyes to see the masked guy infront of me.

 

“I’m—“ I was speechless as I stare at those eyes. Why is he protecting me like this?

 

I was about to reach for his mask to reveal who the guy behind those but he stop my hand and push me.

 

“Go!”  he told me and turn his back on me grabbing the chair that hit him.

 

When I caught another guy approaching I immediately turn around and started running.

 

---

Minho’s POV

 

“Kyahh!!!” Dara gasp as I lift her up and pull her with me in an alley to escape those guys who was following her. I cover as she once again plan to scream. She wiggle from my hold trying to break free as I was back hugging her. I can feel she’s still in panic as I felt tears rolling down her face.

 

“shhh, Dara it’s me” I said trying to calm her down but she continue to wiggle.

 

“Don’t be afraid, I’m here now”, I softly whisper and that make her stop. I loosen my hold onto her and uncover and she slowly turns to me.

 

“Minho”, some more tears stream on her beautiful face as I saw relief in her face.

 

“Are you alright?” I asked as I wipe those tears with my thumb.

 

“Nae, just gave me a minute”, she then said and wipe the remaining tears with the back of her hand and turn away from me trying to stop her tears from falling. I grab her hand and make her face me once again. She bowed down trying to hide her stain face since she hates being seen like this. I pull her toward me and wrap my arms around her waist as she buried her face on my chest. I need to held her like this just to calm her down the same way her mom always did when she’s afraid.

 

 “I won’t let anyone harm you so don’t be afraid”, I softly mumble as I rest my chin on her hair and hold her tighter.

 

 

 

 

“Uhmmm, minho-ah”, she suddenly started poking my chest.

 

“Wae?”

 

“I’m fine now. Can you let me go?” she said looking at me with a pout.

 

 I suddenly felt aware that I’ve been holding her for so long now and wasn’t really planning on letting her go since having her in my arms feel so nice.

 

“Minho?”

 

“Ah, yeah”, I said realising her.

 

“Free at last”, she then said stretching both of her arms as she look up the sky. The sun has already risen and it means I really did hold her for quiet long.

 

“Minho, I’m hungry. Kaja” she beamed at me and I can’t help but felt relieve as I saw her smile. Okay, it seems like nothing happen earlier as she bounce up and down as we walked in the now lively street of Seoul.

 

“Minho, I think I meet batman again?”

 

“Batman?” I asked her confuse as I was following behind her. She stop on her tracks turn around and face me.

 

“Before you came something happen and Batman came to the rescue just like before”, I raised an eyebrow having no clue on what she’s talking. She walk toward me and occupy the space beside me and we continue to walk side by side.

 

“Remember the young kid who ha save me when I was kidnap when where still young”, I stop as I remember that day.

 

My hand curl into a tight fist as my jaw tighten upon remebering that day.

 

*flash back

“I’m back”, I called out as soon as I enter the house after finishing my deliveries. Omoni’s ramyun shop is usually busy during weekends making me and Dara help her in some work.

 

“Oh, good job Minho”, Omoni said as she saw me and went back on computing all our earnings for the day.

 

“Omoni, where’s Dara?” I asked as I didn’t saw her inside the house.

 

“Ah, she said she’s going to take out the garbage. She’s been out there for awhile now, why don’t you go check on her”

 

“Nae”, I immediately answer and went out to look for her. The dumpster is place on the left side of the ramyun.

 

“Dara”, I called to her as soon as I turn around and to my surprise. I didn’t see her anywhere near the dumpster to throw our garbage instead I saw her unconscious inside a van. The guy with her saw me looking and he immediately close the door of the van and it begun to move.


No, DARA!!!!

 

The time I saw her unconscious it feels like the air has been knockout of my chest. I can’t help but blame myself as I wasn’t able to do anything. I was suppose to protect her but what am I doing now.

 

I kept on punching the wall infront of me as tears stream down on my face.

 

Useless.

 

“Calm down minho well get her back”, Omoni then said as she took my bleeding hands.

 

The door of their house open revealing man in black and Dara’s dad. He immediately makes his way toward me and without a word he slap me hard on the face.

 

“What the hell are you doing”, he said in grinded teeth.

 

“I’m sorry”, I mumble as I hang my head low I know it’s my entire fault.

 

“Have you forgotten the reason I brought you here?”

 

“No, sir”, I’m well aware that I’m here to protect her daughter.

 

“Then what the hell happen how did my daughter got kidnap? You—“

 

“Stop it!” Omoni cut him off. “This is not the time for this. It’s not Minho’s fault”

 

“I promise I’ll bring her back. I promise” I gave them my word and disappear that night. After calming myself my brain started to work and I face my laptop as I started to locate her with the earrings I gave her last summer as a birthday gift. I put a device on it to make it easier to track her since she usually disappear after class. Gosh, why didn’t I thought about this earlier. I silently pray that she’s wearing it as I hit enter and wait for it to load the location and luckily my prayers has been heard.

*end of flash back

 

“that day a young man in black mask save me from my kidnapper. Though I wasn’t able to know his name since drowsiness get’s me as he carried me back home”

 

“and so you name that kid batman?”

 

“yup, he was wearing a black mask so that was the first thing that came in my mind”

 

“city hunter also do wear a mask”, I told her and she hit me on my arm.

 

“City hunter isn’t popular that time, silly”

 

“Ah, so what’s with batman?”

 

“his the same guy that helped me earlier”

 

“How did you know?”

 

“Well, except from the same black mask. I can feel it plus his fighting stunts definitely the same. I knew it that wasn’t our first and last meeting after all. I wonder if we’ll meet again”, she said looking all dreamy.

 

Batman? I didn’t know I’ll be her superhero.

 

---

 

Sandara’s POV

As soon as I saw Minho everything seems to feel a little light. The worries and fear all has been erase and I felt safe and comfortable around him. I was like bouncing up and down as we walked in the street of Seoul talking about the mysterious guy that had save me earlier, that guy I would never forget him for the rest of my life.

 

Yep, you heard it right. I definitely won’t ever forget him since he already save me twice. I wonder how come he always pops out especially when I’m in deep trouble.

 

Let just say I had a crush on him since the day he first save me.

 

“My hero”, I said clasping my hand together as I look up the sky earning a heartfull chuckle fom my companion.

 

“your exaggerating it”, I look at Minho with squinted eyes and he looks back at me chuckling as he place his hand on my head and start messing my hair. “your just hungry, let’s go”, he then said walking past me.

 

I was about to followed him but stop as my eyes caught a familiar figure wearing a black trench coat staring back at me his face devour of emotion.

 

‘Seunghyun?’

 

“Hey, Dara aren’t we going to have breakfast”, Minho then appears in front of me blocking my view.

 

“ah, yeah”, I answered a little bit startle. I look over his shoulders just to check out if he was really there but then he was gone. Hmmm, I guess my eyes just playing tricks on me. What would he be doing here, anyway. I turn my back and start walking beside Minho though I glance back again to double check. Silly me.

 

~o0o~