Chase Away

IN BETWEEN TWO BOULDERS

Dara’s POV

 

I told myself I will never sleep in his room again. He has been teasing me the whole week because of that stupid ghost story I belive in, and the thing of wanting to be in bed with him and that embarrassed me every time. 

 

But when he said that word please there is something that pinch my heart to comply. He has been really nice to me, maybe I can do little things for him aswell.

 

I already made my decision not to ever set foot on his room ever again but at the moment I forgot that. 

 

He needs me, that was what my mind is telling me. 

 

“Are you okay?” I asked him as he sat on his bed with his face buried in his palms. I was already inside his room watching his every movement. 

 

“I’m--”, he shock his head and stood up. “I think I need to go”, he went to grab a shirt and put it on. He was about to go then stop as he saw me standing awkwardly not knowing what to do. 

 

“Sorry, if I had scared you its just-’, he paused and look away like there is something bitter in his mouth that he can’t say it. 

 

“Nightmares”, I continue and he looked back at me shocked. 

 

“How did you know?”

 

“He told me”

 

“He?” 

 

“Seungri did”, I told him remembering the night I was talking to his friend. I did not believe at him at first since it was Seunghyun his talking about. The jerk who love to tease me around. He never look this fragile before and I never imagine he could be. He told me that he got a very bad nightmares that sometimes he wishes to never go to sleep. But he never told me what the nightmare is all about cause Seunghyun never did. 

 

“I never had believe it until now”, I told him. 

 

“I’m alright they are just bad dreams”, he then said as he put on his coat ready to go. 

 

“Don’t go”, I blocked his path and he looks at me surprise. “I’ll stay”

 

He stare at me as if I’m talking in alien language yet I continue. “I’ll stay right beside you. We’ll chase those bad dreams away”

 

I don’t really understand what came up to me but there is one thing I’m sure. I don’t want him to go. I don’t want him to run from this dream not when I’m willing to stay right beside him like the time he stayed right beside me. 

 

“Can you really chase them away?” 

 

“We!!”, I corrected him. “If you cooperate with me yes we can. Just like how my mom and I chase mine away. You’ll be free soon”, I told him feeling proud. 

 

He smile as he place his hands on my head as if patting me. 

 

“Alright, how does it go?” he sounds interested and that somehow makes me happy. 

 

“All you need to do is to follow my orders”, I look at him in the eye “And my first order is to stay”

 

His smiles grows wide and I knew for a second that the anxiety that he had a moment ago has already faded along with the awkward feeling I got the moment I enter his room. 

 

“And no teasing”, I added. 

 

---

Seughyun’s POV

 

I don’t know how but her words stop me from leaving. I found myself following her every instruction like I was hypnotize. She was a site in my bedroom that I found myself smiling as I watched her. 

 

I stayed there not moving as she took of my coat and then instructed me to climb on bed and I did what I was told. She sat on the bed beside me. 

 

“Do you want to sleep with you’re shirts on or with you’re shirt off?”

 

I blink at her amuse that she’s asking me that. Does she knew how she sounds to me and how she looks tempting right now. 

 

“We need you to be more comfortable so you can relax”, she smile as I continue to stare at her. “Off then”, she then said and she start taking my shirt off. Her little fingers brush on my skin sending chills to my whole body. This is bad, I told myself. I just need to relax.

 

“Wow, I feel like you’re mom”, she then remarked and a smile form on my lips. 

 

“Mum”, I called out “Can you take the pants off too?” 

 

She froze and I half expected that. The other half well her doing it for real. 

 

I was taken aback when she suddenly smiles back at me. 

 

“Are you sure?”

 

“What?”

 

She suddenly place her hand on my belt and I almost fell as I back away. 

 

“Yah! Don’t move”, she warned as she pull me on my pants. 

 

I gulp is she really going to do it? But then there she is fumbling with my belt and somehow anticipation build inside of me. 

 

I stiffen as I felt my belt get tighter. 

 

“There lets keep that thing like that’, she said grinning at me. I looked down and find it securely tied up. It’ll take me forever to untie this. 

 

“Yah! What did you do?” I said annoyed as I untie the knot she made. 

 

“I told you no teasing now behave. I’m trying to treat you here”

 

“Fine, I’m sorry”, I said defeated. 

 

She shake her head and finally untie the messed she made. She looks at me then looks elsewhere before biting her lower lips that is somehow very distracting. 

 

“You can lay down and sleep I’ll stay here right beside you”, she then said. 

 

“Sleep”, I say those words as if its foreign to me “Is there any other option”

 

She looks back at me her face serious, she looks really concern. “You can tell me what’s bothering you. You can tell me you’re dream”

 

I inch closer as I look at those lips she was still chewing. 

 

“Will that help?” I asked her. 

 

“Maybe”, I can feel her getting anxious as I was already too close yet she didn’t move back. I held her chin untucking the lips she was biting and looking her in her eyes. I hear her gulp. 

 

“Maybe?” I repeat. She was not sure. My eyes travel on her face before it landed back to her lips. “Can I try an alternative?” 

 

She didn’t response and I take that as a yes. I close the gap between our faces and presses my lips gently on hers. I was expecting she’ll push me away but then she kisses me back. Slowly we kiss forgetting about everything forgetting about the dream until it was time to pull away. 

 

“I don’t want to go to sleep”, I finally told her panting after we pull away from the kiss yet our lips are still an inch from each other still wanting. 

 

“Then don’t”, I heard her whisper. 

 

---

 

SanDara’s POV

 

 

“Then don’t”, those words slip out of my mouth without thinking. His kiss still lingers and his hot breath is sending chills on my skin yet I did not stop him. I let him capture my lips for the second time around. This time his kiss is not gentle like earlier it feels more like wanting yet I kisses him back with the same passion. I don’t know how but I’m sure my hormones are kicking in. I never felt like this before, I never been in a situation like this before but I feel like my mind is floating and my skin is on fire. My hand travel to his nape while he place his on my hips and I realize I was already on the bed kneeling between his thighs. 

 

I should not be here. What happening is wrong but why am I not pushing him away. it felt like I don't have control on my own body like I am being controlled. Controlled of the sensation he is giving me with his kisses with his touch. 

 

A moan escape my lips as I felt something hard beneath me. I shiver with the thought of what it might be. He rolled me over and now was hovering above me. He showered me kisses from my lips to my neck and then my belly and when he touch me on my side I knew he already get rid of my pajamas finally my eyes snaps open and I own my body once again. 

 

“STOP”, the word finally came out as I finally escape from his spell. 

 

I knew what he is doing he was distracting me, distracting himself from his nightmares and this is wrong. I’m not here because of this. . 

 

I can’t look at him after what had happen. I already buttoned my shirt thought my pajamas are still missing. I was already sitting on the bed with the blanket covering my legs.

 

 “I’m sorry”, he muttered and sat down on the side of the bed burying his face on his palm.

 

I start fumbling with the blanket on my lap. I don’t know what to say. Should I say sorry to? What was I thinking why did I even let him do that. Why did I let myself get carried away by him. Did I perhaps- NO DARA!!! Get a grip that guy has a girlfriend. Well you’re not sure if they are still together, are they?

 

But the fact is the thing that just happen is wrong. But you like it, my subconscious whisper. No you did not, I whisper back. Yes you did, believe me you enjoy it, she fired back. 

 

Stop!!! I told myself as I shake my head left and right trying to kill the voice inside my head. She is wrong, she is dead wrong. It was just the hormones. That’s right Dara you where carried away by you’re stupid naughty hormones. 

 

“I think I need to leave”, I told him as I put the blanket away and was about to climb down his bed. 

 

“Can’t you stay?”

 

I missed a step and ended up with a loud thud on the floor after hearing him. I sure make a stunt rolling down in my underwear. Its so embarrassing that I wish I lost conscience and forgot all about what happen. Amnesia, yes I was praying for it. 

 

“Gawdh! Dara are you okay?” he came by my side looking really worried. He reach out for me and I back away alert.

 

“Don’t”, I stop his hands from getting contact with my skin. I’m afraid I might feel that tingly sensation once again that makes me forget everything. “I mean I’m okay, I just need to-”, I look around trying to find something to grab on. I grab on the bed trying to pull myself up but unfortunately it was the blanket I grab when I tried to stand up the blanket fell covering me. I took the blankets off and I saw him looking elsewhere biting his lips trying real hard not to laugh. He looks back at me and I raise my eyebrow indicating that there is nothing funny in my situation here. I’m actually being humiliated. Tss!

 

I ignored him and once again try to stand up. Sh*T! A curse form inside my head as I bite my lower lips after feeling the pain on my right ankle. I was about to fall back again but then he securely wrap his arms on me. 

 

“Don’t touch me”, I feel alert / panic as I felt his skin on mine as he try to assist me. “I’m alright”, I lied as I try to wiggle free and stand on my own two feet. 

 

“I don’t think you are bunny”, with one swift move he lift me up and carried me to the bed. He lay me there and I was stiff as a log as my heart beat double its pace for the second time a round. 

 

“That was not a good fall right?” 

 

“I told you I’m alright-AWWW!!!”, I winced as he put pressure on my foot. 

 

“See you’re not”, I rolled my eyes at him. “Wait here I’ll get you an ice pack”, he then stood up ad leave. 

 

I already got the chance to leave when he did but I didn’t. I stay there not moving waiting for him to come back and he finally he return with the ice pack. 

I watch him as he tends me once again. I was the one who suppose to be helping him but once again things got turned around. 

 

“I’ll be melting any minute now with that stare of yours”, he remarks and I look away blushing. So he knew I was watching him. 

 

“I’ll be going back my room after this, okay?” I tried to avoid his eyes that was already on me. All I knew is I have to get away from him before I lose myself again. His a dangerous hot jerk. 

 

“But you’re not finish chasing my nightmares away”

 

My eyes landed in every corner of the room avoiding his stare as I try to figure out what I’m suppose to do. I started biting my lower lips once again feeling anxious. 

 

“Don’t worry this time we’re really doing it you’re way”

 

My way? I look at him curiously. 

 

“I promise I’ll behave”, he added with his boyish grin. 

 

I gulp a lump in my throat as I stare at him lost for words. Yes, he might be able to behave but can I? 

 

---

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Hyung is there something wrong with you’re house? Why have you been staying here for days now?” Dae asked curiously as he look at Seunghyun on the coach. 

 

He has been boarding there for three days now. And they knew how he hates hanging there every night since sleeping there is really impossible with all the noise and commotion that people brought every time they arrive.

 

“No No, my house is fine. I just missed hanging out with you guys”, he lied as he play with the phone in his hand. The phone that he can never let go. 

 

“Missed us, tss!” Seungri said not believing him. “I bet you’re avoiding someone”, he hissed, within a second a cushion hit him in the head. He looks back at Seunghyun but the lather was still relax in his spot. He just rolled his eyes and gets back to what he was doing. 

 

Even though Seunghyun didn’t warned him not tell anyone about Dara’s existence in his house. Seungri decided to keep the secret for himself he doesnt want to spoil the fun those two anyway. Plus he knew someone will get hurt if she finds out. 

 

“Dae have you think about my plan”

 

Everyone turns silent when they heard Seunghyun bringing up his plan once again. Seungri let go of a sigh as he turn his chair to face them as he looked at his hyung worried. While Dae tense up on the side.

 

“Hyung are you sure about this?” he asked him for the second time around. Since he heard the plan he came up last night he is really worried. Seunghyun is once again suicidal mode for a mission. 

 

“Uhuh, don’t worry I got this all cover”, he said picking up a dart on the table and throwing it on the board still lying on the coach all relax. “As long its Dae holding the gun there is nothing to be worried about”

 

Seungri glance at Dae who was siting silently in one side. His mind flying elsewhere. 

 

 

Its not that he doubt Daesung ability of shooting but its really not safe to play with guns. He is just worried with the two of them.

 

“Dae?” Seunghyun called his attention.

 

“This guy”, he glance at Seungri “I think he is having his doubt on us. What do you think? Can we do it?”

 

He cracked a smile. 

 

“Hyung are you really going to trust your life to me?”

 

---

 

@Dara’s Work Place

 

“Earth to Dara, earth to Dara are you here?” Dara came back to her senses finding Hye Sun  standing in front of her. Hye Sun fingers on her forehead and her eyes closed. “Eath to Dara Earth to Dara are you here?” she repeat herself in a serious tone.

 

“Yah!” Dara tap her fingers off  pouting. 

 

“Woah! Welcome back to earth Ms. Park”, she then said patting her shoulders. 

 

“What do you think you’re doing Hye Sun?”

 

“Oh just returning a floating friend to the real world. Gawdh, Dara why are you always spacing out is there something wrong?”

 

Dara glance at the wall clock its already past 12 and she felt a pang of disappointment. 

 

“Tsk tsk! Handsome Boyfie isn't coming yet?”

 

“How many times will I tell you he is not my boyfriend”, Dara said annoyed though she is not sure if its because Hye Sun keep calling Seunghyun his boyfriend or is it because the jerk has been missing since that day. 

 

She pause thinking of that time. Like what Seunghyun said he was behave all night. They lie on both ends of the bed facing each other. Seunghyun extended his hands towards her. 

“May I?” she smile and gave him her hands. Their hands entwined like it was the very common thing to do. She stare at him and he stare at her back. 

 

“Why are you not yet sleeping?” she asked him. 

 

“Cause I don’t want to”, he answer back truthfully. 

 

“Don’t worry I’ll be right here I won’t leave you. I’ll calm you if you’re nightmares comes back”

 

A smile form on his lips hearing her say that.

 

“I know you would”

 

“Go to sleep”, she once again said in a low tone as she felt her eyelids getting heavy. 

 

“You go to sleep little bunny”, he felt him caress her hair as her eyes started to close. “I don’t think my nightmares will be back tonight. Not when I have the most beautiful dream laying right beside me” , she somehow hear him say before she went to dream land. 

 

When she woke up the next day she was all alone in bed. He was gone and he could not find him anywhere. He try to contact him but his phone was dead. She waited and waited but three days past and he hasn't comeback and she has no idea where he is, making her worried, angry and anxious at the same time.

 

“Alright, he is not yet you’re boyfriend but still he is handsome”

 

“Stop it Hye Sun lets just go and have lunch”

 

“Fine, lets go!”

 

---

 

Mr. Park just finish a meeting and was about to leave the company to go to his next meeting when they heard a gun shut. The next thing he knew, he was lying on the floor. 

 

He saw blood on the floor making him look pale. Has he been shot? Is he going to die soon? What’s going to happen to his daughter? To his company?

 

“Mr. Park are you alright?”, he look at the guy who was covering him. “Don’t worry sir. I’ll get you out of here”, he then told him before grabbing the gun from one of Mr. Park guard that was lying dead on the ground. 

 

He stood up shooting the place where the shots came from. There where few shots exchange before it finally ended and the police came to assist them.

 

“Are you alright sir?” His savior asked him as he was finally out of danger. He look at him and saw he was wounded on his right arm. 

 

“What’s you’re name young man?”, Mr. Park then asked him.

 

“Seunghyun. Choi Seughyun sir”

 

---

 

SanDara’s POV

 

“Hye Sun called me she said you’re spacing out most of the time in the office. Is there something wrong Dara?” Eunjung asked me with worried eyes. We where sitting in a coffee shop near my office. My work is already finished that day but the thing is I don’t feel like myself exactly. 

 

“I don’t know. I’m not really sure what’s wrong”, I told her honestly.

 

“Is there something bothering you?”

 

I let go of a sigh trying to think why I am feeling this way. I should be happy there is no one pestering me around but why does I seem to be bothered by it. 

 

“Is this because that handsome jerk not showing up”, she asked me looking at me with squinted eyes. 

 

“Yah! That jerk seriously? Why should I be bothered by him”, I fake a laugh but it sounded awkward and strain.

 

“Dara, you’re really not convincing right now. So tell me what really happen to that guy?”

 

“I don’t know he just disappear. Poop!”, I imitate the sound of a bubble popping feeling really disappointed “without a word he disappear just like that”

 

“Did you fight? Did you say something harsh to him”

 

I shook my head. I don’t remember fighting with him. The last time I saw him was that night. 

 

“Actually something happen before he disappear”, I admitted. 

 

“What is it”, she leans closer in curiosity. 

 

I start fidgeting my fingers feeling embarrassed on what I was about to spill.

 

“What you slept together!!!” Eunjung announce hysterically. I almost melt into a paddle of embarrassment as I saw the the customer looking at us.

 

“Yah! Eunjung”, I called her while covering my face. 

 

“Good job Dara, good job”, she begun patting me on my shoulders. 

 

“Yah! What are you talking about?” she then leans forward with a sly smirk. 

 

“Was he good?” she whisper. I feel my cheeks getting hot as I finally realize what was running in that head of hers. 

 

I glare at her. “Its not what you think you crazy women”

 

“Aigoo, don’t be shy about it. I bet his an expert”

 

“Yah! Eunjung you’ve gone mad. We did not do it”

 

“Ehhhh”, she looks at me teasing. 

 

“No”, I snap at her. “We just slept that’s all”, her face fell.

 

“Really just slept?” she sounds disappointed she pouted before taking a sip on her drink. 

 

I really can’t belive this friend of mine. How could she be more excited about that thing happening to me. Hmmm, should I spare her some details. 

 

“Actually there is something more”, I said pressing my lips together to fight that smile. 

 

She looks at me with wide eyes. “Really, what is it? Tell me please please”

 

“Aigoo, how come you’re so interested in that”

 

“Uhmm, I’m just curious on you’re progress. Do you know how slow you’re taking. So just tell me”

 

“Alright, we kissed”, I said in a giggly tone. 

 

Her face fell. “Tss, I thought it was something interesting. You kissed. He has been kissing you many times now, its not something knew”

 

I squinted my eyes on her not believing what she just said. “A kiss is important no matter how many times its done. Its still a kiss and it should be precious. Plus we kissed while taking each others clothes off”

 

“No way, you undress each other?” her eyes grow wide as she stare at me. 

 

I bit my lips and nod. 

 

“You undress each other yet you didn’t get to do it, why?”

 

“Yah, Eunjung I’m really disappointed with you. Do you really want me to lose my ity to someone who already has a girlfriend”

 

“Ah right, that jerk has a girlfriend. Well done my friend for not giving in to temptation”, she nodded her head but she doesn't seem pleased. “So he disappear after nothing happen to you. He is sure a jerk, a very handsome hot jerk”

 

I took a sip from my strawberry smoothies realizing she was right. Maybe he got disappointed. Won’t guy feel like that. I think I perhaps give him a go signal back then. 

 

“Stop thinking about him. You can do it with the other one anyway. You should waste you’re time with such ruthless jerk”

 

“yah, who are you talking about”

 

“Lee Minho shii”, she smile sweetly at me and I’m truly disappointed how I wish I can talk to someone with much sense. 

 

“Talking with you doesn't bring me anything. You just drive me crazy”

 

---

A week past and its really driving me nuts what did I do to deserve this? Did I said something harsh. Was I even harsh in the first place. I wanted to help him get rid of his nightmare but why did he disappear? Why did he leave me without a word. 

 

Perhaps he has gone back to his girlfriend. Yeah, that’s right maybe he realize I wasn’t good enough that he went back to her. 

 

Yah, Dara what are talking about. You aren’t there to take her place anyway. You should not care about that jerk business. Instead you should try to focus on yours. You cant no longer stay in his place even though he might never ever came back there again. It’s not yours so you better stop waiting and get a grip. Don’t let you’re self get drag by that jerk.

 

I told myself as I face another day without a news from him. I wonder where the hell is he. Is he alright? Has he been sleeping peacefully? I hope his fine somewhere. 

 

I decided to focus on my work in the office trying to get him off my mind. But it seems concentrating is a little hard. 

 

I look up as the elevator on our floor clicks open for the nth time around. Mr. Lee Donghae is the one riding that one and I can say its been stuck in our floor for awhile now. Since he open the door pause and close it again. I’m not sure, maybe he is having a hard time thinking whether to get out of that thing.

 

Ding! It opens again. I look up and saw him staring at me and then it close. 

 

What’s going on with that guy. Everyone seems to be bothered by it since they have to use the stairs to get to their designated floor. No one dares to talk to him though afraid that he might just explode. 

 

Ding! 

Ding!

Ding!

Ding! 

Ding!

 

Shocks, my ears I can’t take this anymore. I waited for it to open once again so I can have a word with this guy. He is really being strange today. 

 

Ding! It finally came. 

 

“Mr. Lee”, I greeted politely. He look up at me surprise. 

 

“Yes?”

 

“Is there something wrong with the elevator?”

 

“Ahhh, no”, he said and immediately press it to close the door. 

 

What the?!? Did he just--

 

Ding!  

 

“See it works fine”, he told me smiling shyly. 

 

What’s wrong with this guy. Maybe they where right I should leave him alone. 

 

“Ahh, I see”, I was about to drop the subject and return to work when I heard him step out. 

 

“Ms. Park?”

 

I look up at him and he was already standing in front of my desk scratching the back of his head and looking else where. 

 

“Is there something I can do to help you, sir?” I asked.

 

“Yes, of course. Actually I came here to asked you a favor 

OH! So he has been stuck in that elevator to asked me a favor what could it be?

 

“Are you busy?”

 

I look at my desk. I’m not really doing anything just arranging the pile on my desk. 

 

“Well, not really”, I told him. 

 

“good. I thought you where busy so I was having a second thought. Can you go out with me for awhile?”

 

Eh! Is he asking me for a date. 

 

“Oh, Mr. Lee I don’t think I can leave my position without my boss permission. And yes, I think I’m busy”, he raise an eyebrow on me and I look away feeling embarrass.

 

“Oh, I think I can do something about that Miss Park”

 

Just in time the door on my right side open revealing the women in business attire suite with her hair braid on the side and her glasses hanging on the tip of her nose. She was looking at the documents she’s holding.

 

“Cynthia”, Mr. Lee greeted my boss with a warm smile. 

 

“Mr. Lee Donghae what are you doing here in my department”

 

“If you don’t mind can I borrow Miss Park for awhile?” 

 

My boss looks at me over her glasses with a raise eyebrow before turning back to Mr. Lee. 

 

“Go ahead, I don’t really need her here”

 

<*stab> Did she just said she doesn't need me. After all I did she’ll just gave me away just like that. 

 

“OH! Thank you. You are so very kind”, Mr. Lee then said grabbing her shoulders and squeezing it lightly to her surprise. 

 

“Let’s go now, Miss Park”, he then told me.

 

 

After being drag out of the office, me and Mr. Lee ended up in the department store. He said he was suppose to buy stuffs needed in the office. He usually go with his assistant but unfortunately his assistance is in maternal leave. 

 

“Do I bore you Ms. Park?” he asked after I turn silence. He was being animated telling stories but my mind is just flying elsewhere. 

 

“No, sir. I’m just amaze that you’re do one doing this when you can asked anyone from you’re department to do it for you”

 

“People there are sure very busy I don’t want to burden them”, I stop on my tracks hearing that makes me somehow annoyed. 

 

“Yah, Mr. Lee Donghae sorry but I need to asked this”, he turn to look back at me surprise. 

 

I got my hand crossed over my chest as my eyebrow knitted in annoyance. 

 

“What is it?”

 

“Are you saying I’m not busy in the office?”

 

He smiles “Are you?”

 

“Aigoo, I can’t believe this”, I was really getting annoyed. My boss said she doesn't need me now this?

 

“I’m just kidding”, he was already in front of me smiling like an innocent boy. “I know you’re busy working you’re off but event hough I decided to burden you”

 

I look at him not really getting what he was trying to say.

 

“Hmm, lets just say I just want to spend the afternoon with you Miss Park”, he leans down to my eye level. 

 

“I-”, I step back not liking the closeness of our faces but accidentally my heels gives in and I almost fall backwards luckily he grabs me on my arms steadying me. Our face closer than before making me feel really uncomfortable as he stare into my eyes.

 

“Choi Seunghyun shii”, I glance on my right side hearing his name. 

 

He is standing not far away from us looking directly at me. My heart skip a bit just seeing  him but then a hand of a women cling on his arms making my eyebrows knitted. 

 

“Choi Seunghyun shii, I’m hungry should we go eat”, the women said as she pressed her body on his arms. 

 

“Ms. Park are you alright?” I look at Mr. Lee startle. I realize I was still in his hold. I push him away lightly as I steady myself. 

 

“Yes, I’m fine thank you”, I glance back at Seunghyun. 

 

“Lets go”, he then told the women and walk past me like I wasn't even there. 

 

“Ms. Park are you sure you’re okay? You -”

 

I raised my hand to stop him. “I’m not”, I feel hot tears swell on my eyes. What’s wrong with me?

 

 

~o0o~