A Small Flame

IN BETWEEN TWO BOULDERS

 

Seunghyun's POV

I was actually grinning while waiting for the little bunny to come with my lunch. Time in the office is really boring and I was planning in having fun pissing her. But my plan was all ruined when I saw her get down of that car with a guy assisting her, the time his hands make contact with her; there is something that boils inside me. I’m not really sure what it is but I’m pretty sure I don’t like the way he looks smitten just by looking at her and that little bunny staring back at him, it was not a good sight for me. So there I go being possessive with what I believe is mine, it’s in my nature since I already lost a lot of things that’s why I try to keep and hold onto what I think belongs to me and right now the little bunny is part of my possession, until I got tired of her, I guess.

 

"I'm sorry but I can't ", she look at the guy and pull her hands away from him. The guys face fell as she make her decision.

 

"why?" he then asked.

 

"I just —"

 

"han...", I started counting getting impatient. Can we just leave?

 

"I'm sorry", she once again mumbles before running to my side.

 

HA! In your face.

 

I look back at the guy with a victorious smirk painted on my lips, just to annoy him and I was sure I did a great job as I can feel his heavy gaze on my back as I lead Dara to the open coffee shop nearby.

 

"Nice choice", I told Dara patting her head before I went to sit opposite from her.

 

She didn't response as she sat quietly on the other side and I thought everything's fine.

 

  _____________________________________________________________________________

 

Narrator's POV

 

Dara’s grip on the chopsticks tightens as her two brown orbs glared at the guy eating in front of her. Irritation and guilt all mixed up in her system, she was irritated with the guy enjoying his lunch while she was being guilty of deserting her friend for the jerk. She closes her eyes and Minho’s hurt face cross her mind, if she didn’t have any contract with the jerk, she will never choose the jerk over her dearest friend. She will never want to see that look on his face again.

 

“Aren’t you going to eat that?” Seunghyun asked cutting her from her thoughts as he looks at her untouched food.

 

“Eat it if you want”, she said irritated as she push her plate toward him and put down her utensils, she already lost her appetite.

 

“What’s wrong with you?” he asked as he didn’t imagine her saying no to food.

 

“What’s wrong with me? Should you asked that to yourself because I’m certain their something wrong with that scattered brain of yours”

 

“What?”

 

“Don’t start playing dumb with me— you knew what you did earlier”

 

He picks up a meat with his chopstick and once again started eating like they weren’t having a heated conversation.

 

“What exactly did I do?”

 

“You are being rude toward my friend”, she said with grinded teeth.

 

“Am I?” he sounded uninterested.

 

She heavy a deep sigh and put her face on her palm, “now I got a lot of explaining to do”, and that caught his attention.

 

“Explaining?”He looks at her in disbelief, “Your planning on explaining to him?”

 

“Of course”

 

“You don’t have to explain anything to him, he was just your friend and he was the one who interfere our business in the first place”

 

“Your right he is my FRIEND and you are just my boss, you don’t have the right to interfere in my private life”

 

And that hit him hard; he bangs his utensil on the wooden table making it vibrate and Dara to push her chair backward.

 

“That’s it!” he leans forward with his fist clenched and his face tight, “I think I need to clear everything to you since it seems you don’t truly understand” he close his eyes trying to calm his breathing and then snap it open locking his eyes on her. She sat without moving, like a bird locked in the eyes of a snake.

 

“First of all I like to remind you that you are my slave, meaning I own you. So you are entitled to follow every order I gave you without any question. 2nd you should know I don’t really like sharing— I hate it, so as long as you are MY possession you are not allowed to go and play around without my permission. You are my slave and you can’t do anything about that”

 

“I hate you”, she then mumble.

 

     ___________________________________________________________________________

 

Seugnhyun’s POV

 

"I hate you", she said with her head bowed down and fist tight on the table. She then stood up and turn away to leave. My body moves on its own accord grabbing her wrist and not allowing her to move any further. I then make her turn to face me but she keeps on looking anywhere else but me biting her trembling lips. My brows creased in confusion as I caught a sight of her threatening tears washing the irritation I felt earlier.

 

"Are you alright?" I suddenly asked seeing she was about to cry.

 

I was taken by surprise when she suddenly smirk then she turn to face me. Her wet eyes gazing at me fiercely "Don't make it sounded like your worrying. I'm just your slave remeber?"

 

Okay, I think I over did something?

 

My grip loosens on her hand and as soon as my hand drops, she turns around leaving me dumb folded.

 

     _______________________________________________________________________________

 

SanDara's POV

 

TSSS!!!!!

 

Who does he think he is?

 

My eyes sting due to anger I'm feeling right now and I'm think I'm about to explode any second as my heart is beating hard inside my chest. My hand bailed into a fist as my face all tight looking like a crumpled paper.

 

You are my slave and you can’t do anything about that.

 

And so my shaking fist landed on the wall beside me, my teeth grinding together as I enter the office. I hate him.

 

"Dara are you alright?"

 

"Eh?" I suddenly became aware of my surrounding.

 

My officemates were all looking at me with wide eyes some with mouth slightly parted since I just made an entrance.

 

"Joseohabnida", I bowed down apologizing to each one of them before I headed to my desk and saw the lunch box resting on my table.

 

Minho.

 

I open it up and saw the perfectly made deokbukki. I took one and pop it inside my mouth. My eyes automatically close savouring the spicy flavour of the rice cake. As accepted, Minho really got a talent in cooking. I wonder why he didn't take culinary; he really is superior in cooking skills. He is one of the best, I must say. Speaking of Minho, I really need to talk to him. I don't care what the jerk would say but I'm going to explain. That's right; I'm going to meet him after office hours.

 

______________________________________________________________________________

 

Seunghyun's POV

 

Maybe my plan of pissing her wasn’t really ruin but instead I took it to a higher level, she was extremely annoyed. The way she didn’t touch her food and walked out on me after lunch indicate that she was really angry.

 

I then decided to pick her up with the car YB brought in front of my office so we can head home together given that she can’t enter the house without me. I was leaning on the side of my car arm crossed, waiting for her to come out. She stop on her tracks as soon as she saw me, she say goodbye to her friends and I watched her as she slowly walk her way – ignoring me.

 

“Hey!” I grab her wrist to stop her. She turns to face me with a blank expression making me speechless for a second. I was waiting for her to pull her hand back, shout at me or tell me to get lost but instead she stood motionless and just blink as if waiting for me to continue.

 

“My car is right there, kaja”, I said as I let go of her.

 

She looks at my car, nodded and started walking toward it without a word and that was odd. The whole journey was like the first time I brought her with me, she stays quiet but she wasn’t asleep like before, she was looking outside the window probably spacing. The journey was totally plain boring as she never spoke a word, she went straight to her room as soon as we arrive and so did I to change. When I return downstairs dinner was already served as she was just waiting for me with her still blank face.

 

“Dinner is ready”, she was looking anywhere but me, “If you need something just call me, I’ll be just up there in my room”

 

“Aren’t you going to eat dinner, I’m—“ I was about to tell her that I’m willing to share with her but then she cut me off with her lifeless tone.

 

“I’m not hungry”, and so she was gone leaving me dumb folded.

 

I thought her silent treatment will only last for a day but I was wrong. Gawdh!!! She starting to give me goose bump as she started to act like a robot doing anything I say without throwing tantrums. She won’t even try to fight back with me even though I was teasing, mocking and insulting her, she just curled her fist and bite her lips controlling her anger. I didn’t know she can do that. There are times that she would be just staring at her phone waiting for something that didn’t came and she will look depress. I sigh, she definitely not the monster I took in.

 

I need to do something about it.

 

I was biting the top of my pen lost in thought when something made a light sound on my table. I look up to be greeted with the company's secretary. I just realize that she had put a cup of coffee on my table. She smiles at me and so I smile back thanking her for the coffee.

 

"Is there something bothering you Mr. Choi?" she asked.

 

"Well, not really"

 

"Is that so, then I'll be heading out"

 

"Jakkaman", I called out for her before she reaches the door. She turns around putting the loose strand of her hair behind her ears while biting the corner of .

 

"Yes?" she sweetly replies with a blush.

 

I stood up on my seat and slowly walked toward her. And I saw excitement in her eyes as she looks at me approaching.

 

"I was wondering", I lean closer entering her personal space "when will our boss return?"

 

"Eh?" she was taken dumb folded not expecting my question.

 

"Well, he has been gone since I step in"

 

"I'm sorry but that something I didn't know", she said smiling but I doubted that smile of her. She has been working for the Parks for too long and I'm certain she knew something that can be helpful, especially to me.

 

I took a step forward making her took a step back hitting the door. I rest my hand on the door beside her head while the other rest on the door knob. As soon as she heard the door locked behind her, anticipation was clearly seen in her eyes.

 

"Too bad", I sigh as my head was already same eye level as her. She looks at my eyes then it diverted to my lips. She gulps a lump on as I run my tongue on my lower lips. I was laughing in the back of my head seeing her reaction toward me. I know how she badly wanted to eat me alive for the first time she laid eyes on me but she was trying to control herself. She is the loyal, innocent looking secretary of the Parks during the day but different women during the night. If I didn't go for a total back ground check I wouldn't know her weakness was hot guys and it was given that I top all those guys, I wonder how long can she endure.

 

"Argh!" I was slowly leaning away with one of my hand on my face when she caught me on my tie.

 

"I— I don't know when they are coming", she stutter, "but I know where they are"

 

Gotcha!

 

"You do?" that was better. I can't be sitting in this office always waiting for his arrival, "then would you care to tell me?"

 

---

Narrator's POV

 

"Hey office boy" Daesung tease as he saw his hyung slump on the couch inside the basement wearing office attire. It has been awhile since his last visit and knowing it is office day he wonders what brought him in.

 

Seunghyun loosen his tie then took of his coat putting it aside and looks at the guy who just arrives and was grinning like a crazy person.

 

"I'm going to erase that face of yours", he declare.

 

"chill man", he chuckle tapping his shoulders.

 

"Where's Bae?" he then asked.

 

"His working on something inside his mini lab another gadget, I guess", he reply as he walk to the little frig on the side and took a can of beer. He tosses one to Seunghyun who immediately catch it and open it up.

 

"You wouldn't go bank in your office drunk, right?"

 

"Yeah, but you'll end up limp after I lose my patient", he told him and took a sip on his drink. "Would Bae take long?"

 

"I'm here", they glance to the door and saw Yb approaching them.

 

Daesung grin and took another can and once again toss it to Bae.

 

"Beer for everyone", he cheered.

 

"I think your drunk already", Yb chuckle.

 

He walked toward the couch and put the beer on the table in front not really bothered in opening it. He took something in his pocket and smile at his hyung.

 

"here", he handed him a small rectangular box.

 

"Is this it?" he asked making sure.

 

"Neh, like what you had asked me. I can assure you that will work fine"

 

"I trust you", he said with a satisfied smile as he slid the box in his pocket.

 

If Seungri is their tracker Youngbae on the other hand is their genius. He is like their mechanic, computer and electrical engineer. Anything that involve wires, electricity, even newest trends in technology and especially new devices is his specialties. He is the one handling their security devices, bombs, tracking device, security and spy camera, computer code and their latest weapon and gadgets. No one in their company can be compare on how good he is when in terms of this and analysis. That's why Seunghyun never doubt his capabilities especially in his field.

 

"Mind telling me where you are going to use that?"

 

"Mian my friend but this is personal"

 

"Personal?" Daesung repeated as he sat down on his other side.

 

Seunghyun just nodded and gulp his drink in one go. He then crashes the can in his hand and throw it to bin just beside the door.

 

"Does Seungri have any progress?"

 

"Nah, but he said he is going to check the place you told  where the Parks are. He is really getting frustrated"

 

"hmmm, this work is really a pain. We haven't make any progress at all, he sigh.

 

"Maybe because your occupy with something"

 

He looks at Bae with raise eyebrow.

 

"Occupy with what?"

 

"We don't know but it seems you’re busy with something. I heard you gave Baro a mission before he was sent to Se7en hyung", Bae answered looking at him suspiciously.

 

"That brat, I just tested him before giving him a work outside this building"

 

"Speaking of Baro", they all turn to Daesung whose hand was on his chin and looks like he was in deep thought.

 

"What about him?"

 

"He bought my broken camera", he looks up at him. "You see I bought a new digi cam the latest trend in the market but then Minzy niece played with it and drop it inside the fish tank without me knowing. When I discover it, I immediately send it for repair. It was sent back here telling they could no longer fix it. I haven’t even got a chance to use it that's why I got really frustrated that ended with a fight with Minzy but that's not really the story"

 

"Dae", there was a warning on Seugnhyun's voice getting impatient with the blabbering.

 

"Alright I'm already on it. So the camera cannot be fixed and that's when Baro in, he asked me for the camera and that gives me an idea to earn some instant cash from the kid seeing he was really serious in buying that crap. And so it was sold, I thought he would just add it on his collection of craps, you knew he like collecting gun and broken armor parts but I didn't saw it on his collection cabinet. So I was wondering where he used it since I saw him holding a lot of cash an hour after"

 

"You already sold it to him. He can do whatever he wants with that"

 

"But hyung, I felt I was trick. I sold it to him for just a few amounts and I think he earns more cash from it than me. Now thinking about it I should have brought it to Yb instead, he might have done something to save it"

 

"You easily forget about me when it comes to instant cash", Youngbae said shaking his head.

 

"You try to fool a kid and it ends out you being tricked", Seunghyun added clicking his tongue.

 

His phone beep and he took it out, a small smile curve on his lips as he saw his wallpaper.

 

"I think I need to get back to the office", he said still grinning.

 

"Hyung are you really sure you aren’t distracted?" Youngbae once again asked seeing the smile on his hyung face.

 

"Is it a girl?" Daesung also added.

 

"What?!?"

 

"You don't seem to be focus on your job now a day"

 

"Yah, you guys. Don't worry I’m just playing around as usual", he assured them since he got a record of playing while doing his work and never once he failed any of it. "You knew office work bores me"

 

"Playing you say"

 

Leaning on the door frame was Cl with her hands crossed on her chest as he looks at the guy who stood up from his seat. He walked toward her and she meets him half way. He gave her a kiss on the cheek as Cl got her eyes all focus on him.

 

"I hope you aren't playing with fire", he lean away looking at her confuse "cause one wrong move and you'll burn. And you knew the most fatal?" He saw something flash on her eyes but he simply can't tell what it is. "It's when you turn to ashes and get carried by the wind. Because at that time no one will be able to put you back into pieces, not even me", her tone was sad but yet he can sense warning on it.

 

"don't worry I won't let myself be burned", he said capping her face.

 

She shook her head and took his hands off her face that's not the answer she wanted to hear from him.

 

"Don't let yourself be amused with the fire"

 

His eyebrow connected due to the confusion she was giving him, he had no idea what she was talking about so he just decided to change the topic.

 

"I heard you’re going to work with Teddy hyung?"

 

"Neh, it was supposed to be YB but he rejected the job", she look at Yb who was sitting silently at the couch observing the two.

 

"I see"

 

"I think you need to go now, office hours will end any minute"

 

"Arraseo, I'll go ahead. See you soon", he told her and went his way out.

 

Cl watch his back disappear, she got an idea of what is happening to him since she followed him to the bakery that day he let her drive the car. She saw everything, at first she thought he was just playing and getting his revenge as usual but after seeing him take her in she started to doubt what Seungri had told him. It was the first time he saw him smiling to himself like a crazy man and it scares her. She was the only girl who got close to him even though he got a lot of concubine around him and she was afraid that he might get attach to that girl.

 

"Don’t let yourself get amused with the fire, wow! Way to go CL"

 

"Your saying something", he glared at Daesung and the lather look away drinking his beer.

 

"So there is really something going on"

 

She didn't answer and instead took the unopened beer on the table and drink it all up to calm her nerves. She wanted to assure herself that there is nothing going on and she don't have to worry about him.

 

"Just trust hyung", YB cut her thoughts.

 

"I— trust him", she then answer looking back at YB who gave her a nod.

 

But then the the face of the two kissing inside the bakery flash her mind making her trust waver. She already saw him kiss other girls but she felt that this girl is different the way he look contented with a simple lip touching is new. She definately grab Seunghyun's attention not due to annoyance like Seungri told her , it was more but she was trying to deny that and so is he.

 

He was just playing with the little flame, an evil smile form on her lips. That's right CL she is just a small flame and you can still blow her off, she then told herself after emptying the can she was drinking.

 

~o0o~