Piggy Back Ride

IN BETWEEN TWO BOULDERS

 

Minho gulp a lump in his throat as he face the girl infront of him.

 

“Eventhoug I came here for you it doesn’t mean I won’t dare leave you”, she was taken aback of what he said as her hand slips off from her hold. Minho just shook his head and turns his back on her. He can feel his feet getting heavy as he turn to leave. He wasn’t really planning on leaving her but he doesn’t want her to know that. He wants’ to make her feel what he had felt when she decided to abandon him.

 

“Minho!” there is a warning in her tone but Minho decided to ignore it.

 

“If you take another step you are really going to get it”

 

Minho glance back over his shoulder and saw Dara head bowed down both armed on the side with her hand closed into a fist. He just shook her head and took another step forward and that was the cue. Without a warning Dara launch her way toward him jumping up on his back and locking her legs on his waist and her two arms on his neck.

 

“Yah! Get off me”, Minho struggle to find back his balance due to the sudden attack as he try to unlock her arms from his neck.

 

“I don’t want to”, she shook his head “I won’t let go of you not until you forgive me”

 

“What?!?”

 

“You’re starting to become a bad guy, you know”, she replies.

 

“And your still stubborn, as always”, he said trying to get her off.

 

“no, not until—“

 

“Fine, I forgive you so can you please step down?”

 

“But you don’t mean it”, she pouted.

 

“But you gave me no choice”, he bent down but Dara didn’t let go instead she hold to him tighter.

 

 

 

 

 

---

 

Minho's POV

 

“mianhae”, I can feel her hot breath on my neck as she breath out those words full of sincerity.“I’m really sorry. I didn’t mean to abandon you or anything”, I look at the empty street as I continue to listen , “I shouldn’t have choose work over you? I’m really sorry”

 

Work?

 

My eyebrow connected as I glance at her “what do you mean?”

 

“I was working at the time, extra job as always”

 

“you took another part time job?” I was kindda upset since she was overdoing herself. I knew how hard working she is and that scares me. She already doesn’t have enough time for herself since she became a workaholic and taking a lot of part time job recently.

 

“Err— I actually take two”

 

“Dara!”

 

“mian, I just need to earn money”

 

“why, do you need to earn money that badly?” I asked since I’m really getting curious why she is working herself off.

 

“Personal reasons”, she told me with an innocent smile.

 

I sigh, fine if she doesn’t want to tell me then I wouldn’t force it.

 

“How much do you—aw!” I hadn’t finished my sentence when I feel her bite my earlobe, “what’s that for?” I look at her accusingly. What the hell is running on her mind that she suddenly bite me.

 

“I knew what you’re thinking and what you’re planning to do”, she look back at me with squinted eyes, “and  I won’t allow it”

 

 “I’m planning to help, what’s wrong with that?”

 

“I didn’t ask for it, let me handle this on my own just for once”

 

“Fine if you say so, now will you get off? “

 

“But—“

 

“Your forgiven, now get off? Please”

 

“I’m hungry”, she then said still on my back.

 

“alright let’s eat. Now, off”, she nodded obediently and begun climbing down.

 

“Aww!!”, she wimp in pain as she landed on her and begun massaging her legs.

 

“What happen?” I asked worriedly.

 

“Leg crumps’, she pouted giving me the puppy eyes.

 

I sigh scratching my head “fine hop on”, and once again offer my back which she willingly accept. I think she just use her legs crump as an excuse.

 

We, no I walked quietly as she snuggles safe and sound behind me. I would have thought she had fallen asleep as her breathing became even but then I suddenly feel her tracing circles on my back with her fingers. It did makes me smile as I remember the times when we were still young and I use to carry her like this on our way home from school.

 

“You knew you’re not really that light do you?” I teasingly asked.

 

“Lier, you’ve been carrying me before and told me that I weigh like a feather”

 

“I was lying back then”, I chuckled.

 

“yah, minho-ah do you want me to struggle you right now?” she then said as her hand encircled my neck from the back.

 

“I’m just saying that you where enjoying yourself back there while I’m suffering”

 

“Well, you kindda deserve it”

 

“And why is that?”

 

“If you didn’t ignore my messages then I shouldn’t have walked all around Seoul to look for you, plus you made me hungry so you’re the one who is going to buy me a meal, understand”

 

“You’re really abusing me, do you knew that?”

 

“whatever”, she then reply resting her head on my shoulders eyes close. I can’t help but smile as I saw our reflection on the glass that we were passing by.

 

"I thought you'll never come", I then heard her murmur before she went off to dreamland.

 

'that would never happen. I no matter what, will always come for you. It will only depends if you'll be able to see me or not'

 

I glance on the other side of the road and saw Minhyuk peeking behind a light pole across the street. I gave him a nod taking the job from him. Dara had already fallen asleep peaceful on my back murmuring name of foods every now and then, while I look for an open store. I could have called a cab for us but I didn’t. I just want to stay like this for awhile I don't care how stupid or tiring this could be  as long as I have her in my arms all for myself.

 

"hmmm, yummy ramyun", I heard her snarl from behind that earns a lightfull chuckle from me. I guess I first need to feed my little angel..

 

 

 

---

 

Sandara’s POV

Minho’s back is so so warm, it brings back old memories, memories when I was still longing for a dad. I remember that day very well when Minho first let me ride on his bach. It was during a festival in school wherein all parents were invited to join the games. I was sitting beside my teacher since I had no one. My mom cannot attend given that she got a store to take care off while my dad I haven’t met him during those times. The last game has already ended and my teacher had already left her seat to help the other faculty while I watched one of my classmates who got her knee scratch on the marathon. She was sitting on the floor crying her eyes out when her dad approached her with all smile.

“Why is he smiling when his daughter hurt herself?” that thought cross my mind as I watched her approached my classmate. He knelt down beside her and offers her a hand. The girl sniff as she whine to her dad while the older man laugh as he wipe off her tears. I saw his lips moves quick that made the girl to stop crying as she open up her arms and her dad carry her on his arms. I saw her giggle as she entwined her two little arms on his neck. A woman then came up to them with a towel wiping the girl’s face, her mom I guess.

 

“Dara, there you are”, I heard Minho’s voice beside me but I was still busy watching the beautiful family in front of me.

 

“Let’s go?” he once again said but I still got no reply.

 

‘she’s so lucky’

 

“Dara-ah”, Minho bent down beside me as he look at what was I starring at, “Is there something wrong?”

 

“ I— wonder how it feels to have—a dad”, I whisper as I felt something heavy inside my chest. I admit I always got jealous of those kids having a complete family since I only grow up with my mom.

 

He patted my head and I look at him confuse while he gave me that warm smile of his.

 

“It’s alright”, he said in a soothing voice as he reach out something from my face and that was the only time I realize I was crying. That time I almost forgot that I wasn’t the only one alone, Minho too. He hasn’t had anyone except me and my mom and I wonder why I never saw him cry. Doesn’t he miss his parents?

 

“Climb up?”

 

“Eh?” I look at him confuse as he offer his back to me.

 

“I know you’re tired so go on”

 

“You don’t have to worry I can—“

 

“You said you wonder how it feels to have a dad, right?” he cut me off.

 

“uhmm”, I nodded but still hadn’t got a clue.

 

“Just do what I say”, I was still hesitant at first but then I obey him and climb up. He smile after insuring that I was already safe on his back.

 

“My dad always carry me on his back when I was little”, he then said breaking the silence as he carry me on our way home.

 

“Your dad?” I said startle as I look at him.

 

That was the first time Minho talk about his parents though it was just a sentence but at least he open up to me a little. Since that day Minho became a father, brother figure to me as well as my only dearest best friend. Those times I truly believe that he is the only person I’ll need aside for my mother. During those times I started to become dependent on him as he continues to support me. He was really indeed very dear to me that’s why I was so glad that even though his mad he still came for me.

My eyes started to became heavy as his back started to be really comfortable, just like before.

 

‘I thought you’ll never come’

 

 

 

----

 

 

Sandara’s POV

 

 

Dara…

 

The gigantic chicken that I was chasing dissapear from my sight as I can hear a sweet voice calling me from somewhere in the dark but I couldn’t see and find where the voice is comming from.

 

"Dara-ah", he once again called.

 

“where are you?” I tried to answer back but I couldn’t hear anything coming out from my lips.

 

“tsk, I guess I’ll be the only one eating”, my eyes snap open as I smell the food infront of me. We where already in a small stall inside the park where in hot ramen is being served.

 

“I’m glad you awake”, he said releasing his hold as he was supporting me on my sit.

 

“Me too”, I answered back as I eyed the food in front of me “aigoo, I’m starving”

 

“I know so go ahead and dig in”, he said handling me a chopstick.

 

“komawo”, I took it happily as I started with my food.

 

 “I should have take you in a restaurant, mianhae but it’s the only food store open at this hour”

 

I heard him said sounding a little bit disappointed of himself. I turn to look at him as I gulp the food in my mouth. He was massaging his shoulders since I didn’t know how long he carried me on his back, though there is no sign of tiredness on his face as he gave me a warm smile.

 

“It’s alright”, I said and he too glance my way. “you can bring me there next time but first lets stuff ourselves”, I smile back at him as I called the ahjussi for another serving.

 

“here”, I push the bowl to him as he himself needs to gain back his energy.

 

‘why does he always enjoy watching me eating alone?’

 

“yah, this is still your treat”, I reminded him.

 

After finishing another three serving, we stay sited for awhile thanking the ahjussi for staying late. If he had close already I’m sure I’m going to starve, aigoo. I really can't figure out where I stock those food inside my little body.

 

 My eyes almost bulge out of its socket as I saw the time on the wall clock hanging inside the store. It’s already 3 in the morning and I was still out with my phone battery empty. I wasn’t in danger out here or something but I will be once I return home. He might think I am abusing the freedom he gave me for just one night and then he might decide to take it back.

 

NO!!!!!! I couldn't let that happen definitely NOT.

 

“Are you alright?” Minho asked cutting me from my thoughts as I was shaking my head like an idiot.

 

“Yeah”, I answered back a little bit unsure as I jump out of my sit, "errIt’s already late. I think I should go now,  see you again soon”, I said waving off but before I could turn he already grab me back.

 

“Yah, are you planning on deserting me again? Havent you learn your lesson?”

 

“No, I wasn’t. I was just—going home?” I said shaking both my hands and head infront of him.

 

“Well then let me take you there”

 

“you don’t have to, my feet and legs are already fine. I can handle myself, you can go ahead now. I—“

 

“Dara”, I pause as he lock his eyes on mine “I already come this far for you so I might aswell take you home, kaja”

 

And so that’s what happen, he drag me outside my old apartment while I stay frozen staring at the building I use to live in.

 

 “Let’s go?” he was about to pull me in but I hold him back with all my strength.

 

“Is there something wrong?” he asked.

 

Aisht! I couldn’t tell him that I no longer leave here and now leaving with a jerk. I'll be in a big big trouble plus he'll go hysterical if he find out. Minho still hadn't got a place of his own so I couldn't possibly stay at his and Eunjung, where the hell is that friend of mine? She hasn't come back for me yet.

 

I gulp a lump inside my throat as I fake a smile.

 

“anio, it just that we got new rules in the building. We couldn’t take in people especially guys at this hour, mianhae”

 

“Is that so, then I’ll just watch you go in. jalja”, horror was written on my face but luckily he already turn me around so he wasn’t able to see it.

 

I took a step inside with a large amount of guilt inside my heart. I hate lying but why do I keep doing it. I glance back and saw Minho waving happily at me, I wave back and decided to look ahead as I made up my plans.

 

Mianhae.

 

 

 

----

 

 

After reaching the second floor Dara turn left and decided to go down the fire exit. There was a small door at the back of the building that lead to the back garden, the only escape she could think of. Minho who was still standing happily outside the building didn't able to notice her escape since his view was block. Dara put on her hood as she carelessly climb up the wire fence, she was already in a hurry afraid that she might get caught. She jump down the fence with head bowed down as she run her way out with a heavy heart.

She doesnt want to lie to her friend but she doesnt want to give him problems either. She knew him too well, she knew that he'll definately going to do something to help her out of her troubles and she was very thankfull of that. But this time she would like to solve her problems alone. she don't want to be dependet on him any longer.  She wants to set him free from the responsibilty of taking care of her little by little, since she wanted him to also have a life of his own that once was only revolving around her and her mother.

 

 

---

 

 

Youngbae's POV

 

I was having my stroll as usual when I saw a white thing approaching. It came down from a wire fence of some junk yard and it was coming so fast. I could possibly dodge that thing but then it will surely hit the post just behind me.

 

 Another idiot on earth, I sigh.

 

The impact of her body toward mine was strong making her bounce back but I held on her small slim waste not allowing her to fall and hurt herself further. My lips twitched into a half smile as I was sure that the one I was holding is a girl. Her figure tell me so.

 

"Are all right?" I asked in a low sweet tone.

 

She look up at me startled before stepping back "mianhae", she said bowing down and once again run her way out.

 

I was about to just ignore it when I realize that the watch on my wrist was blinking. I look at it curiously. It shouldn't be receiving signals unless one of my tracking device is near.

 

"Perhaps.." I look back at the girl making her way out of the crowd with wide eyes.

 

"Those she looks familiar?", I asked myself as I try to remeber her face.

 

 

~o0o~

 

 

A/N:

I don't have a lot of free time lately so it really took long for the update, mian

but don't you guys worry.

I had no plan abondoning any of my fics and I hope you guys too..kekeke

The make over thing is really comming close...kidahryojuseyo ^^

Thank you so much for supporting and still reading this fic..

see you guys on the next update..

♥jalkayo♥