A Mess

IN BETWEEN TWO BOULDERS

Seunghyun's POV

What am I doing here? I asked myself as soon as I saw her standing a few feet away with another guy. I shouldn’t be here. I already decided to let her go. I was supposed to stay away. I must stay away. She is better off without me. This is for the best.

I take a deep breathe as I decided to give her one last look. Right! Seunghyun this will be the last time you let yourself lone for her. This is the last time. I continue telling myself.

I try to memorize every detail of her like I can even forget when suddenly our eyes met.

!

I immediately hid from her line of sight as soon as I can. This is a rare occasion when I wish I wish I’m not good at concealing myself. If I’m going, to be honest, there is a part of me that wanted her to find me. That selfish part of me that wanted her to run back in my arms. A bitter smile form on my lips as I didn’t let that part of me wins.

There you go.

I should not have.. I should have never walked into her life. I should...I can't. I want to regret meeting her but I don't. I regret hurting her, I do. But I also regret letting her go. I'm trying to convince myself its for the best. It's for her own sake. The life I have she doesn't belong here. I keep telling myself that she is just another girl but I know she's not. She touches something inside of me that no one ever dares to touch. I guess I got addicted to her. She was the only good thing I have in life. The only normal thing. The only thing that makes me wanna wake up in the morning. My life before was so dark. I live following orders to survive. I live not scared of dying anytime. But she changed that cause every time I'm out in the field. All I can think is I need to go home to her. All I can think is she is waiting for me to come even though I'm not sure she is. But just the thought of her at home waiting makes me wanna live.

Just the thought of her makes me feel like dying right now. I didn’t know letting her go will make me feel this miserable. No one ever makes me feel this way and it is crazy.

I’m going crazy. I let tears fall as I gulp another drink in my hand.

“Hyung?” I look up and see Seungri towering over me. He offers me his hand helping me sit on the floor.

“Gawdh! My head is pounding”, I complain massaging my forehead.

“Hyung, this needs to stop. Right now!”

“What?”

“Seriously this is the 5th bar you trashed. I know you’re loaded and all but please stop wasting yourself and your money”

I look around and see what he is talking about. Broken glasses, chairs, bottles, and bloodstains. This place is not just a mess but its wrecked. I lose it last night and I couldn't even remember a thing. 

“Did I kill someone?” Seungri shook his head annoyed.

“Luckily you did not. But the bouncers got pretty beaten up. You’re paying their hospital bill”

“Take care of that”, my mind is still fuzzy and pounding and I'm trying to manage the strength to stand up without making a fool of myself. 

“Of course but that’s not the main problem”

“What do you mean?" I glare at him as I know he is about to add something to my headache. 

“This crazy thing you're doing trashing the bosses bar has already reached him and they starting to think that you are trying to rebel. That doesn’t sound good right? So you better stop”

“! It’s nothing like that. Why the hell will they think that? I mean can I just be having a really good time”

Seungri looks at me in disbelief. 

“What a load of crap", he then said annoyed "I know its because of Dara noona”, I glare at him with the mention of her name. “You’re ed”

“Shut up Seungri before you regret it”, I stand up fixing myself and headed to the small fridge in the empty counter. I get myself a bottle of water and drink it all up.

Darn it! Now I fell my stomach acting up. I gulp another bottle of water before turning back to Seungri who was obediently keeping his mouth shut. But I'm certain he is saying a lot of things in his head. 

“Did you bring your car?”

“Yes, of course”, he said proudly since he just bought a brand new yellow sports car. 

“Good, we’re taking your car”

“Why? Your car is parked outside. I could drive it for you and just come back for mine later”

“Nah! We are taking your car. I might throw up on the way lets not messed up my baby”, I firmly said and walked my way out, tapping his shoulder as I walk past him. 

“Wait! What? Hyung! Wait let's negotiate din”, he protests.

“Don’t worry. I’ll pay for the cleanup. Now shall we”, I said holding the door for him. He looks at me mortified. And I stop myself from laughing as he was frozen in place. 

"What are you waiting for? Should I drive myself home"

"Yeah! I think you should", he mumbles sounding pretty annoyed. I raised a brow and he turns back to his butler mode. 

"Yeah, let's go!"

Lucky for him I fell asleep the whole ride and didn't end up messing his brand new car. When I woke up he has already parked the car in my garage. 

I turn silent as soon as we reach my place. Home, it uses to feel like that but now it just feels like an empty space.

“Let’s fill that stomach of yours and mine as well with food”, Seungri then said making his way to the kitchen.

I was about to head to my room to wash up when I heard something in the backyard. And then reflexes hits and I find myself running.

Is she back? Dar—

“Tabi”, I saw Chaerin standing in front of a bonfire in the backyard. 

“What are you doing here?” I asked confused. The last time we meet didn't end up nicely so I was pretty surprised to find her at my house. 

“Cleaning up! I heard you get rid of the pest, that’s good for you. So now let me clean her trash” she said smiling ear to ear. Not far from her I saw it her things pile up.

“Get out”, I manage to say as I try to calm myself.

“What? Why? I’m just starting”, she picks something on the pile holding it like it was the dirtiest thing in the world and place it over the flames.

I storm toward her grabbing her hand in the process.

“What are you doing? Let go! ”, she whines as she tries to pull her hands back. 

“Drop it! And I’ll make sure your hands burn too”, I saw the fear in her eyes as she stares at mine, as she tries to decipher whether it was just an empty threat.

“Hyung? What’s going? Chaerin what are you doing here?”, Seungri came in cutting the tension. I took the chance to grab the book in her hand.

“Get out. Now!”, I told her as soon as I let go of her.

“You’ll regret this Seunghyun. I’ll make sure you’ll regret this. She’ll never see me coming”

And with that, I snap! I grab her by the neck giving her my last warning.

“Hyung!”, Seungri called out shocked but it fell on deaf ears. 

“Don’t you ing dare go near her or touch her. Cause if you do I’ll swear I snap this neck of yours with no hesitation”

“Huh! How did we end up like this”, she’s smirks but tears roll down her face and guilt starts to creep in.

“You know how”, I loosen my grip on her.

“Right, I do”, she bitterly smiles.

Seungri then came between us. 

"Hyung, please let her go"

I sigh as I let go looking elsewhere. “Go!”

I can feel her glaring at me before she picks up her bag and left.

 

— 

Chaerin’s POV

When I heard she finally left. I thought everything between us will go back to normal. I thought he finally come to his senses. I thought she's just going to be just another plaything for him but I was wrong. I wipe those bitter tears as I exit his place.

How do we end up like this? Of course I know-how.  That night is still very clear in my head.  It's a nightmare I can't seem to forget. And it's because of that girl. I should have got rid of her a long time ago. 

I can't just let him go like this. I can't let him go. I won't! 

"Sunbaenim", one of my men came in with a package in his hands. "The drugs you asked for is here" 

"Right", I gesture him to put it on the table and immediately check the content. 

"This is a really rare drug. I heard they are specially made and are pretty deadly" 

"That's right. This is more of a tortured drug since it slowly tortures you to death. First, it'll paralyze your whole body, lucky ones lose consciousness first then it'll start to disable your organs from functioning after 3hrs then it'll slowly attack the heart. It's a messy one too since some started coughing blood after 3hrs"

I saw moist starting to form at the young lad's forehead as he gulps. 

"Then what are you planning to do with that?"

"Uhhhmm let's see what am I planning to do with a poison?" I think of the other options I have in mind and I can feel the thrill on my spine. 

"I'm planning on getting rid of a pest permanently. You wanna watch?" 

 

 

~o0o~