longing or hatred?

IN BETWEEN TWO BOULDERS

 

Seunghyun’s POV

 

“So this keeps you busy”, I look up only to see youngbae standing beside my table with a raise brows.

 

 “What are you doing here?” I asked surprise with his sudden appearance.

 

“Looking for my boss who is busy boring a hole on that guy’s head with his murderous stare”, he said as he took the sit beside me and glance at the table not far away from where I was sitting. The table near the window where Dara and that friend guy are sitting.  I really didn’t understand why my feet keep dragging me to follow her as soon as I saw that bastard with her.

 

“What are you talking about?” I look at him uninterested.

 

“I can’t believe that she’s the same girl we met in the club. Does she go around in disguise?” a small smile curve on my lips as I heard YB’s remark. Disguise? HAHAHA if he just knows that’s her natural form. The lovely girl that we once met in the club turn into a caterpillar during the day all cover up with grandma clothing.

 

Don’t worry Bae I’ll make sure I get rid of those soon but first I need to get rid of that guy.

 

I glare at the guy on the other table as my jaw tightens upon the sight in front of me. Why the hell is he touching her hands? The evil bunny doesn’t seem to mind though as she is busy laughing her heart out. What the hell are they talking and why does, she seem to be enjoying his company. I almost snap out as I saw him leaning forward. I was already standing up and was about to stride toward them when I saw him pull away and it look like he just wipe something on .

 

“why don’t you just blow the guy’s head”, YB then said cutting me from my thoughts as he patted my shoulders.

 

I snap at him as he just voice out my thought as I return on my sit. My hand is already getting itchy to pull the trigger and put a hole on that friend head. Damn! Why is my bunny out here with him? I definitely make a move, pound him into pieces for laying a finger on her but then I don’t want to drive her away like before. I look away letting go of a string of curses as I continue to glare. Hoping he’ll melt and disappear forever. I don’t know but I hate seeing her with someone else it’s an eyesore I tell you.

 

“Oh, gawdh! Am I really seeing this? That girl is surely something you even planted a tracker on her for pete sake”, I look at YB who is trying real hard not to laugh. What the hell is wrong with this guy?

 

“It looks like Jealousy is eating you whole”

 

Jeolus? ME?

 

“Are you out of your mind?”

 

“Come on hyung your knuckles turning white just by staring at the two having their moments. That is counted as jealousy”

 

“You are not Seungri so don’t try pissing me off”, I diverted my deathly glares on him. Something is boiling inside of me and I definitely need to let it out and  YB is starting to become my target.

 

“Chill man, I’m not here for that”, he chuckle as he place his hands on my heavy shoulders.

 

“what’s your business with me”

 

“Err—we kindda need your help, again”

 

“about what?” I asked with a raise eyebrow as I glance at him.

 

“Remember the assassin that almost sabotage our mission with the yakuza’s head?”

 

My forehead started to crease as I remember that certain mission. We almost killed our allies due to someone inside swapping the info’s. That was surely a big damage if YB wasn’t able to saw the flaws on the info that has been leaked.

 

 “The scumbag has been sent to us this morning. They want us to be the one to interrogate him since they wasn’t able to get something from him”

 

“And what do you want me to do?”

 

“Looks like me and Dae isn’t enough for him”

 

“Argh! Kaja. How come you guys became weaklings”, I said standing up with a frustrated sigh and started heading to the door. I definitely need to get away before I blow this place down.

 

My fist once again tightens as we passed Dara’s table. I secured my face with a hat and a glass so she won’t be able to recognize me as I walked head down. I can hear her chuckling with him making me want to stop and drag her out of here. What is there to be happy about and why is she acting so angelic in front of him?

 

“just blast it”, I heard YB said behind me with a chuckle.

 

Sandara’s POV

 

As soon as the plate has been delivered on our table, I took the spoon in an instant not to scope a mouthful of food but to check the part minho had pressed his fingers awhile ago.

 

“Aw”, I whine in pain as I caress it with my hand. The part that has been hit by guy earlier is starting to bruise.

 

“Are you alright?”

 

“Neh, just need to eat”, I smile at him and begun eating my food. “This would eventually heal itself there’s nothing to worry”

 

“sure?”

 

“Yeah, eat up”

We where in the middle of enjoying our breakfast when suddenly minho stops as he stare behind me. The bell on the door of the restaurant rings indicating someone just enters. I look at minho confuse as he suddenly bow his head down making me tilt my head to look at the new comer. My eyes immediately locked to the guy standing beside the door with his body guards. He looks back at me as he gave his coat to one of his companion and I saw his lips hesitating. I roll back my eyes and turn back to my food.

 

Gosh, why am I to unlucky today? First bumping into dangerous people now eating in the same restaurant with my dad, what’s coming next?

 

“Dara, are you—“

 

“Let’s not mind him let’s finished this”, I then said as I push the fish toward him.

 

After a few minutes…

 

“I’ll pay for this”, I beamed at Minho as I took some cash inside my wallet. Well, you all know I am poor right but it seems someone is feeding my wallet every week. I guess the jerk is giving me my allowance in secret. He’s really starting being a little nice to me for some reasons and it somehow felt creepy. Why is that guy being nice to me? Hmm, I had no time figuring that one out today since it’s good having extra cash.

 

“Are you sure? You know I can pay for this you don’t have to—“

 

“Shhh— let me treat you just for once”, I assure him and then called the ahjumma to take care of our bills.

 

“What do you mean it’s taken care off?” I asked surprise as I find out someone has taken care of it already.

 

The ahjumma pointed at the V.I.P table at the center where my bioilogical dad is sitting with another guy who must be his client since they were busy exchanging papers and faking laughs. My blood instantly boils upon realizing who just pay for me and without a word I stood up from my sit.

 

“Dara”, I heard minho called from behind but I ignore it as storm toward their table.

 

---

 

 

The guards sitting beside all stood up to block her path as they were instructed not to let anyone near. Her dad upon feeling her presence then look up at her the exact time as he signal his guard to let her past. She stood up beside their table fist clenched on her side as she was trying to calm herself.

 

"Do you need something?" the other guy asked him not really aware of what's going on.

 

"Need something?" she hysterically laugh "No sir I don't really need anything.. from YOU", she look back at his dad with a creepy smile. “I’m here to return this”, she landed the cash on the table. Her Dad jaw tightens upon seeing her act, he didn’t expect that his daughter would be this though on him. “just because we don’t dress formally and classy doesn’t mean we can’t afford to buy our own meals in a restaurant like this. Please keep that in mind”, she was about to walk away when she retracted her track took her wallet from her back pocket and once again took some cash.

"And Oh yeah, here's a tip for the effort”, she lean closer to her dad “next time don't do it again cuz I never planned on having a debt with you, understand?" she said in a low evil tone before faking a smile at his dad and turn to his companion "Sorry for interrupting your meal but please tell your companion that he should mind his own business and stop pestering other people's lives"

Dara let out a long sigh after leaving the restaurant. She really didn't see that one coming and her blood just boil upon seeing his father. It’s been awhile since they last meet and it was really unexpected.  She was planning on ignoring him at the restaurant like the usual but it seems that her dad didn’t plan the same. He even pay for their food and it somehow hurt her pride. Well, it doesn’t suppose to hurt her since it was her dad but everytime they meet he is always trying to buy her affection using his money. ‘His money that he loves the most’, she thought.

 

“Jakkaman”, Dara stop as someone grab her hand as soon as she step out of the restaurant. “Is this how you treat your father?”

 

“Father?” she laugh sarcasticly “Are you kidding me? Nugu? Don’t tell me your pertaining to you”

 

Her dad hands drop as he saw a different Dara infront of him. He use to watch her from afar, the lively cute girl that always has a bright smile was now where to be found. The daughter that he adores from afar seems to turn differently when it comes to him. Hate can be clearly seen in her eyes that he was left speechless.

 

“Daebak!! You really think of yourself as my dad. Don’t tell me you thought I was going to say thank you for what you did earlier?”

 

After having no response Dara rolled her eyes in disbelief “you were really waiting for it. Ah I can’t believe it. Sorry but I’m not even thankful. Don’t treat me like I always crave for your money cause I don’t”

 

“Dara”, Minho’s voice came from the side as he run toward her. He place both of his hands on her shoulders rubbing it trying to calm her down. “It’s enough”, he softly mumbles from her back.

 

“aniyo! This guy is really getting on my nerves”

 

“Dara enough already”, she stop close her eyes as she can feel tears starting to form in her eyes as irritation is eating her whole. Minho try to soothe her with his hands. “I’m gonna take her away , jeseohabnida”, he bowed down and turn Dara away from his dad.

 

"Why are you aplogizing to him??"

 

"Dara, please stop", Dara sigh in disbelief and let Minho lead her away turning her back on her dad.

 

“Dara, I—“, they stop walking upon hearing him speak “I’ll wait until you’re ready to open your heart on me again. I’ll wait for my daughter no matter what”

 

A tear escape Dara’s eyes upon hearing those word from her dad but she didn’t look back and just started walking with heavy footstep as Minho wrap his arms on her side supporting her in every step..

 

"Dara", Minho cut her thoughts.

 

"What?"

 

"I think you've gone a little far back there"

 

"Let's not talk about it. I don't really care"

 

"He's still your father"

 

Dara stops walking and face Minho who was now walking behind her after she assures him that she was fine. Their eyes met and somehow Minho saw the coldness in her brown orbs that was staring back at him.

 

"He stops becoming my father since the day he abandon us"

 

"He's trying to reach out for you again can't you gave him another chance"

 

"Minho please let's not talks about this. I don't want to fight with you about this so please"

 

Minho watch Dara’s back as she can feel that she still aches and he hated the fact that he can’t truly heal those wounds that his father left her even though he was trying his best. The hatred and longing stuck together like a glue but she no longer realize what she actually feels. She’s been longing for her dad since she was a kid that eventually grown to hatred when she realized the truth behind his disappearance. Minho reaches out for her and turns her to face him.

 

“I hate him, I really do”, Dara said sobbing as tears drops from her eyes and all  he can do is wipe them and hug her tight.

 

~o0o~