The Night with Minho

IN BETWEEN TWO BOULDERS

.A/N: this is flash back..kekeke

 

SanDara’s POV

My track stop as I saw the luggage in front of our apartment’s door, I look back at Minho who was trailing behind me, nose all red due to my mega punch earlier.

“Yah, is that yours?” I asked pointing on the bags.

“Yeah”, he nodded looking up at me.

“so you have been here?”

“mmm”, he once again nodded smiling at me.

“why?”

He scratch his head and begun his story “I don’t have a place to go for the night that’s why I came up here. I rang your bell twice and didn’t get an answer so I thought you already gone to sleep. That’s why I decided to went to the store and get myself something to eat then I saw you and look” he pointed at his red and shiny nose.

 “your Rudolph”, I said and started laughing. Who would think I’m going to see Rudolph lurking on the street at this month.

“Yah, I’m not. This is your fault”, he pouted.

"Neh, I’m sorry”, I reply back as I enter the key code.

“come in”, I turn on the lights as soon as I enter. I wonder where Eunjung could be since Minho said no one’s answering the door bell. It seems like she also had gone out.

“Can I really come in?” Minho asks as he peek through the door.

“yeah, ppali or I’ll close the door and let you freeze outside”, I told him as I walk my way in. He immediately followed afraid to freeze, kekeke

He took off his sneakers and follows me inside. I look at him as his eyes roam around our little apartment; I think he didn’t expect to see a girl’s apartment so messy. Due to our busy schedule we hadn’t time to clean up but it doesn’t mean our place look like a trash. We can just say that it’s an organize mess. Some of the books and office stuff pile on the floor like mini tower, the little pillow on the couch not neatly organize, Eunjung hair dryer on the cabinet near the television, I guess she forgot to bring it back to her room.

“Sorry about the mess”, I said but he just smile at me in reply.

“Do you want something to eat?” I asked.

“sure”, he reply as he sat on the couch.

I gave him treatment for his all red face before I headed to the kitchen and start boiling water for our ramen. When I return, I saw Minho face to face with the window like he was inspecting it as he looks at every side, close up.

“Yah! Since when did you start flirting with my window”, I asked as he kindda looks like he’s going to kiss it at any second.

“What?” he look at me chuckling.

I walked near him and inspected the glass.

“don’t you dare leave kiss mark in here, my roommate my think it’s weird”, I added as I tilt my head to look at what might be his looking at the window. I was engrossed trying to figure out what’s wrong with our tiny window when I felt his lips on my cheeks. It was just a quick peck but enough to make my heart beat wild and my eyes grew wide in surprise.

“Yah! What’s that for?” I asked as I look at him my eyebrows all connected.

He looks away scratching the back of his head trying to avoid eye contact.

“you’re the one who came close”

“what?!?” is he saying that it was my fault that why he kissed me?

He finally looks back at me with a wide grin on his face. I look at him pouting still eyebrow connected. Why the hell did he just stole a kiss from me? Being close is not a good excuse and I was waiting for him to explain but instead of explaining he patted my head still grinning.

“I’m hungry, let’s eat”, and he walked toward the kitchen leaving me dumb folded.

I roll my eyes as I let go of a sigh, I guess he was just playing around.

We ate in silence with me watching him from the corner of my eyes. I wonder what’s running in his mind. Why did he do that earlier? As I was busy watching him I notice something different.

“Hey, you no longer wear your glasses”, I said frowning. we use to have matching eye glasses but he isn’t wearing it anymore.

“are you wearing contacts?” I asked leaning a little bit closer to see his eyes.

“You’re doing it again”, he grin

“what?” I asked an aware of what he is talking about.

“Perhaps you want another kiss?” he said teasingly as he tilts his head toward me the tip of his nose brushing on mine. I back away immediately feeling embarrassed.

“Stop playing with me. I’m feeding you and giving you a place to stay for the night, so be nice”, I demanded

“arraseo”, he chuckle and took a mouthful of ramen.

“so you’re wearing contacts?” I once again asked.

“ne, it’s much easier to move with them on than with those eyeglasses, you always worry if they going to fall off”, he said looking at mine.

I don’t have any problem with my eye glasses since I already get to use of the feeling with them on. I fix my eyeglasses looking away from him. I guess he was just embarrassed wearing the same glasses with me and perhaps because he looks good without them on.

“Did you throw them away?” my voice came in like a whisper.

“…” I didn’t get any response.

“Yah! Did you throw your glasses away”, I look at him pouting.

He smile “ani, why would I? It’s your gift why would I throw it away”

“chincha?” a smile started to form on my lips.

“chincha”, he said pinching the bridge of my nose.

“aww”, I tap his hand off.

“you really look cute when you pout”, he chuckle as I caress my nose which possibly turns red because of the pinch.

“Then give it back to me”

“huh?”

“the glasses gave it back to me”

Now it was his turn to frown “why?”

“Cause you don’t need it anymore”, I answer back.

“And so are you. You don’t need another pair of glasses why don’t you just wear contacts like mine”, he suggested.

 “Well, I actually have one. My friend gave it to me but it’s itchy so I decided not to use it”, Eunjung did buy me my own contacts but it somehow irritating my eyes that’s why I decided not to use it anymore. I rather wear glasses that get blind due to infection.

“How about we go and check your eye doctor so we can buy you something that fits. I bet you’ll look even prettier without those glasses”, he smile.

Buy? No way, I’m already money drain. I can’t possibly afford to go to the doctor and buy myself something I don’t really need. I’m fine with my oversize glasses.

“err— maybe next time”

 

The warm water coming from the shower felt relaxing and refreshing. I decided to take a warm shower after our meal, leaving Minho with a cup of hot chocolate drink something he loves during cold weather. After drying myself, I put on my fresh cute rabbit pyjamas with the hood and sleepers. I bought it in a sale in Myeongdeong during Easter. It’s just looks so cute and perfect for cold night.

I look at myself in the mirror satisfied in the cuteness that the pyjamas is giving me, I started to dry my hair with the towel but then laziness hit me so I just given up the idea of drying it. Instead I walked out of the room with my dump hair. Minho was still sitting on the coach with a magazine on hand. I look at it and realize that it is one of my kpop mag. Collection. I smile to myself thinking that he’s already gaining interest in the Korean music industry but then I realize that I was wrong as he put it back roughly on the table shaking his head.

“yah, be careful with my stuff”

“Oh, you’re already done?”

“neh, it’s your turn. You can use the one in my room, the bathroom in the kitchen isn’t really working”, I told him as I took the sit beside him on the couch.

“Thanks”, he said grabbing his clothes that was neatly prepared on the side arm. He headed to my room to take his warm shower.

After a few minutes, he came out with a towel on his shoulders. He was wearing his pyjamas and a white v neck shirt, exposing some skin. His hair was still dump like mine. He sat on the end of the couch and then started to dry it with the towel. I took the remote on the table and started flipping the channels trying to avoid looking at him. Minho looks really hot with his wet hair, he kindda look like he is shooting his own commercial on the side.

I stop on an anime show and started to focus but how can I focus when a pair of eyes is watching you.

“Aren’t you sleepy?” I asked.

“ani”, he finally took his eyes off me. He grabs a book on the table and started reading. I try hard to fight my yawn since I started to felt tired. I really wanted to finish my show but my eyelids betray me as it started to become heavy and then it shut close.

 

Minho's POV

I smile to myself remembering what I just did earlier. Why did I kiss her? It’s not because she was too close and intimidating but maybe because I missed her and I was glad to see her safe, sound and still beautiful. I held the book higher hiding my smiling face. I was also surprise with my move but I didn’t regret it, her cheeks were just so soft and smooth.

I heard the credits playing so I glance at the T.V.

‘Is she still watching?’

I look at her she was quiet all this time. I sit near her and her head lean on my shoulders. I glance at her sleeping face, smiling. She already falls asleep on the sofa with her glasses almost falling off. I took it off and brush her hair that falls on her face sliding it behind her ears. She looks more like an angel when she sleeps.

I was about to carry her to her bedroom, bridal style. I place my arm to support her head but then she roll over it making it her pillow. Now, how am I going to get my arm back and her to her bedroom?

“Don’t go”, I heard her mumble from her sleep.

“Omma”, she held on my arms as a tear roll down on her cheeks. I wipe it out with my thumb caressing her face in the process.

I ended up lying beside her on the couch. I thought she will feel uncomfortable with me lying beside her but instead she snuggle closer to my warmth and I smile before slumber hit me.

“I’ll protect this girl beside me, I promise”