The Photo

IN BETWEEN TWO BOULDERS

 

A/N: this chapter is  the one that got lost..

 

 

Sandara’s POV

 

I was sitting under the shower hugging both of my knees together as the cold water hits my skin. I was trying to calm myself down due to the irritation that jerks keeps on giving me. I wanted to rebel against him but then it will only do me no good since I was just his slave. He is a heartless person with no knowledge of the thing called human rights. He was emphasizing that I was just his slave and that hit me hard. That blow makes me feel really low making my eyes sting and my lips tremble.

 

Why did I let myself end up like this?

 

For days I try to avoid talking to him or fire anything back to him. I try real hard to control my anger but deep inside me, I badly want to snatch his tongue and cut it off for his insulting, he just don’t know when to stop. After few days of not talking to him he started to notice that I was still mad at him, finally. And then something change, though he throw random insults he turns silent when he didn’t get any reaction from me and I think that is something good. I also did catch him looking or watching me from a far and there is also something on how the way he looks at me and that I believe is scary though I don’t know how to explain it.

 

I sat on my bed drying my hair with the towel when I caught a sight of the rabbit slippers resting on the small rack on the side. I saw that outside my room’s door this morning and I believe it came from the jerk. The white fluffy slippers really look cute but I can’t wear it, he might think I surrender my silent treatment just because of those cute slippers. Those wouldn’t drain my irritation I felt towards him.

 

 I grab my phone and started dialling Minho’s number and like the past day he didn’t pick up and it makes me guiltier. I texted him numerous time but not once did I get a reply for him and every time I was thinking on going to him the jerk always come to pick me up after office hours and lunch like he was always keeping an eye on me, adding more to my irritation.

 

I heard the door close from downstairs making me wonder if the jerk went out. I jump out of the bed and went to peek outside. I took a step outside my room with a deep breath, I headed downstairs and found out that the lights where all off. I went to check every space downstairs and never find a sign of the jerk and a rebellious smile curve on my lips. This is the right time to go out; I definitely need to talk to Minho. I walked back up the stairs and fake a yawn so that he’ll think I’ll be going to sleep just in case he is still in his room. Just being cautious, kekeke.

 

I open up my drawer and took my white hoodie and sneakers. I should be wearing black so that I might not be noticeable but sad to say I don’t have things like those, I like colourful things. I tiptoe my way out of my room not wanting to make any sounds then I stop.

 

How am I going out?

 

I didn’t thought about that, I still don’t know the house password since he never did dial it up. I was about to head back to my room when I caught a sight of the third room partly open and an idea pop on my head. I silently went my way their squeezing myself in the available space of the partly open door. I then went to the end of the mini library and like before the sliding door to the balcony is still open with the curtains flowing with the wind. I guess I can afford to climb on the wall of the garden since I spot a ladder resting on the brick wall.

 

Lucky me, I thought.

 

I already step a foot on the porch and was about to jump out when two strong arms encircle on my waist lifting me away from my supposed to be stunt.

 

“Are you that suicidal?” a deep voice asked.

 

My eyes widen in horror as I recognize the voice. Busted! I got caught, why he has to pop out every time I try to escape.

 

 “What the hell are you doing here?” he supposed to be out or sleeping.

 

“Yah! This is my— wait you’re talking to me again”, he sounded happy for a second.

 

“Let go of me!!!”

 

I try to wiggle free from him but he holds me tighter and rested his chin on my shoulders. I can feel his hot breath on my skin that send a hot feeling on my cheeks.

 

“I really don’t know what to do with you”, he then said before reaching out for his pocket.

 

My eyebrow creased in confusion as he holds a key in front of my face. I wonder what he is up to.

 

“What’s that?”

 

“A key obviously”, he answer sarcastically.

 

Aisht! I wanna punch his face right now.

 

“I know that’s a key but for what?”

 

“This is the key to the front door”, he said releasing me from his embrace.

 

I turn around to face him, “Are you giving it to me?”

 

“neh”, he nodded and place the key on my palm.

 

“why?” I asked really confuse.

 

“I guess I’ll be giving you a little freedom but that doesn’t mean you’re off the hook. You are still going to work for me”

 

I try to fight the smile that is starting to form on my lips as I heard the word freedom but still the suspicion hasn’t leaved me.  This couldn’t be true, the heartless jerk? Nah!!!

 

“Why?” I once again asked.

 

“What?” he said sounding annoyed as I asked the same question.

 

“why all of a sudden?” he looks at me, looks down then look outside as he scratch the back of his head while trying to find his tongue. I just watch him waiting for his explanation.

 

“be—cause I’m—“

 

“Your?”

 

“I’m sorry”, he said with his eyes closed.

 

Eh? Did I hear it right? The jerk said his sorry.

 

 

 

 

 

Seunghyun’s POV

 

“Are you sick?”

 

“WHAT!!!”

 

My eyebrow creased due to annoyance as I heard that stupid question of her. I just told her that I’m sorry and now she thinks I’m sick?

 

She’s really out of her mind and so am, I. Since when did I learn to be sorry and why am I letting her kill my ego just like this?

 

Tsk, alright maybe I’m really sick. CRAP!!!

 

“It’s just weird hearing it from you”, she then mumble.

 

“Look who’s talking”, I rolled my eyes at her. She was the first one who acted weirdly because of that friend, what the hell.

 

 “You’re saying something?”  I shook my head and just decided to look outside the dark garden. Is she really planning on jumping out there just to get away from me?

 

“Seunghyun-shii”, I look at her. I think it’s the first time I heard her say my name and it sounds weird—No, beautiful.

 

“Hey, still here?” she snap her fingers infront of my face making me startle for a bit.

 

“what?” I then asked. A wide grin plastered on her lips as she looks at me.

 

 “Before you change your mind, I better get going, right”, she wave the key and speed off downstairs toward the front door leaving my mouth hanging open, dumb folded.

 

She is really someone you won’t encounter daily, that’s something I’m certain.

 

 

 

Minho’s POV

 

I just arrive at my apartment after the trip with Mr. Park and his subordinates when I caught a sight of my phone resting on the desk beside the lamp. I had leave it at home for weeks that’s why I wasn’t really surprise if there a lot of unread messages and missed calls. I tiredly open it up and that’s surprise me when I found out that almost all the unread messages and calls came from the same person, Dara. She has been pestering my phone for weeks with the same messages making me feel a little bit guilty. I bet random thoughts had already crossed in her mind about me not answering any of her calls and messages but then— she had deserted me.

 

The smile that was slowly forming on my lips upon seeing her name and her picture flash on the screen instantly vanishes as I remember our last encounter. I had look forward on that day to see her and had a quality time with her. I already had that courage to confess to her but then everything got ruined because of that phone call and that guy from nowhere.

 

‘ssantoki?’ why is she letting him call her that? And why the hell is he ordering her around? And most importantly why is she letting him?

 

It took me awhile to enter that stubborn head of her and make her follow me completely without any complains. But that guy only uses words and she obediently followed and that something that pisses me off. Except from Eunjung friends I never heard any guys around her that’s why I’m certain his just a new comer in her life and that irritates me more. How come she chooses him over me whom she knew for almost a decade?

 

I just stare at my phone that is continuously ringing on my hand. A selca she did in her apartment while I was taking a shower continues to flash on the screen.

 

“Why?”

 

The call ended and I put back the phone on the table with a deep sigh. I close my eyes and start to calm my breathing sighing every now and then when it suddenly beeps making me peek at it battling with myself whether to read it or not. And so curiosity wins. I took it and look at the message that eventually came from her.

 

 

 

Dara: where are you?

 

<*A few seconds later>

 

BEEP!!!

 

Dara: are you still mad? Mianhae.

 

<*5 seconds later>

 

Dara: Minho-ah!!!! =((

 

<*Another 5 seconds later>

 

Dara: Let’s talk.

 

<*and another>

 

Dara: I’ll be going there. Let’s talk, arraseo?

 

<*and another>

 

Dara: Yah, you didn’t tell me where your friend lives? >=(

 

Eotteokhae??? (>.<)

 

<*and another 5 seconds without gaining any reply>

 

Dara: aren’t you tired ignoring me?

 

<*and I got tired of writing another>

 

Dara: Ara, I’m going to look for you all around Seoul if that’s what you want.

 

                Hmp! I’m going to find you no matter what.

 

 

 

Is she out of her mind? Looking all around Seoul at this time? I glance at the clock and it was already 11 in the evening. I should— no!!! And so I dial Minhyuk’s number.

 

“Yoboseyo?” He answered with a yawn.

 

“Yah, are you sleeping?”

 

“aniyo!!! I’m following noona right now”

 

“Really?”

 

“nae, can you call her and tell her to go home. I’m really getting sleepy. Why the hell is she out this late?”

 

“Yah! Minhyuk are you ordering me?”

 

“Ani, hyung— I was just, never mind”

 

“Continue following her and report everything to me, do you understand?”

 

“Yeah!!!”

 

“Okay, I’m hanging up”, and so I did.

 

I didn’t know that I don’t have to asked Minhyuk where she was because she’s keeping me updated with her messages making me feel anxious.

 

Dara: at hongdae right now, odi-yah?

 

Dara: I guess you’re not here, next stop.

 

It was actually her ninth stop and Minhyuk has been complaining already so I decided to text back.

 

Minho: yah, stop it. You are wasting your time and money on your fair, just go home.

 

BEEPS!!!

 

Dara: I’m walking so no money wasted. If you don’t want me to waste my time, come here ppali.

 

Walking??? She’s really out of her mind.

 

Minho: Just go home.

 

Dara: shirro, I won’t go home until we talked.

 

STUBBORN.

 

She’ll get tired and decided to go home and then you wouldn’t have to worry, I told myself in repeat as she continue informing me where she was as I once again I didn’t have any reply.

 

Dara: at itaewoon right now.

 

                Aigoo! I’m tired.

 

Finally!

 

Dara: my feet hurt. I’ll just wait for you here. =(

 

                Show up or you’ll be dead. You got me really exhausted. Tsk.

 

Minhyuk: yah! Hyung  noona stop in one corner in itaewoon sitting on the pavement. What should I do? It doesn’t seem that she had any plan to leave. It’s already late and you know I don’t really like this place. It’s creepy especially at this hour.

 

Aisht!!! I massage my temple due to anger and frustration. In all places why does she choose to stop in the most dangerous spot in Seoul? I jerk up on my sit and grab my jacket on the arm chair and jolted outside in a hurry with my phone in my hand.

 

“Minhyuk, where exactly are you?”

 

I walked anxiously in the dark street of itaewoon trying to spot her safe and sound. Her messages stop while I was on my way and her phone has been off. She’s really going to give me heart attacks.

 

I stop on my track as I saw her sitting on the pavement where the light post was on. She was massaging her legs, her jogging pants rolled up to the knees revealing her milky white smooth skin. Her messy hair tied up on the back of her head revealing her small cute face and her y neck.

 

! Doesn’t she know how attractive she looks right now while she doing her cute pout.

 

‘She’ll be the dead of everyone who treasure her, there’s no doubt about that’

 

I was on her way toward her when I notice three thugs approaching her. My steps quicken as I saw her tilt her head to look up at them and fear creep up on my system.

 

“Dara-ah!” I called out loud making her look toward me.

 

“Minho-ah!” she called me back and a caught a sight of threatening tears on her eyes making my brow creased and my jaw tight.

 

“Is there something wrong here?” I glared at the guys behind her.

 

“dude, we just asked the lady if she was lost. She doesn’t belong in a scary street like this”, the guy with dreadlocks hair answered me.

 

“Is that true?” I look back at the Dara who wipe her tears.

 

“neh, they didn’t do anything wrong they were being nice”, she answered with a sniff.

 

“Then let’s go!” I turn my back at her and started walking but I make sure that I can hear her footsteps behind me. I can’t let her thought that I already forgiven her. We went out of the dark street and I immediately called out a taxi for her.

 

“Go home”, I told her as I open up the door for her.

 

“ani”, her eyebrows creased as she crossed her arms on her chest, “you already came from me, so can we just talk”

 

“Me? Come for you?” I chuckle “what are you talking about?”

 

“Then why are you here then?”

 

I put my hand inside the pocket of my jacket and reach out for something.

 

“To buy this”, I told her showing her the pain killers I bought in a store I pass by just to use as an alibi.

 

“what?!? You came all the way here just to buy that”, she stuck her tongue out at me “I don’t buy it”

 

“It’s the only store open at this hour”, I defended.

 

“Tss, admit it. You came for me”, she said with teasing voice as she looks at me under her lashes.

 

I look away not wanting to give in that easily. I can’t always let her win and have control over me, can I?

 

 “Buy it or not, I’m leaving. Stop wasting your time and go home”, I was about to take a step away when she hold onto my sleeve.

 

“Minho-shii”, her voice pleading as she stops me from moving, I look back at her, she was pouting like a kid looking at me with her puppy eyes.

 

Oh! Oh!

 

 

 

Seunghyun’s POV

 

I was lying on the sofa glancing at my phone on the table. I turn my back, closing my eyes hoping sleep to hit or maybe waiting for something else. I let go of a low growl and sat up with my right hand on my face. I let go of a sigh and glance at the clock.

 

Why isn’t she here yet? It’s getting late and she hadn’t even told me where she was going.

 

I shook my head, I shouldn’t be thinking about her instead I should be sleeping peacefully in my room. I stood up grab my phone and headed up stairs. On my way to my room I saw light coming from her room.

 

‘could it be—‘

 

I hesitated but then decided to check it out. Maybe she didn’t really went out. I turn the knob and slowly took a peek.

 

“Dara shii?”

 

“…”

 

“are you in here?” having no response I open the door to its extent allowing myself to enter.

 

The room was dark except from the light coming from bathroom on the side. Aigoo! the careless/weird girl forgot to turn off her lights. I sigh, I thought she was back.

 

 I first turn the lights on and was greeted by a pile of mess. What the hell happen to my first class guestroom? Pile of papers where arrange into a tower on the side of the study table that is full of books and scratch notes. The notes where all her writing with lots of erasure and doodle on it, it was all scattered on the table. The small trash can on the side is full of those crumpled stuff making my forehead creased. How can she produce this mess? I glance at the other part of the room and saw the mirror half cover with sticky note.

 

“what’s this?”

 

I walked my way there to check out her memo. And I was surprise on how many schedule work she had in one week. I read a lot of due date, submit this submit that, thesis work with names of students, schools and addresses, essay titles and a lot of part time work.

 

She’s making thesis for students? My eyebrow rise as I glance on the book on the table. Hmm, that explain it but why does she need to accept all these work. Does she need money that much, but why?

 

I reach out for one envelop lying on her bed, the only organize thing inside her room. I open it up and saw the print out form of her work. A small smile curve on my lips as I saw the list lying beside it. She already had done half of her work. I put it back on its place and pick up one of the crumple paper on the floor. I smoothen it up and read the content and I can say that this messy room is evidence that she is really a hardworking person.

 

I sat on her bed stretching when I felt something hard under her cover. I move a little to get it. It was a picture frame and I was glad it didn’t break. I sigh in relief as I flip the frame over to see its content. It was a photo of her and two other people whom she was dragging with her. She was still young in the photo wearing a white dress and her hair braids on the side, beside her was a lady that look exactly just like her especially the eyes and mouth. She actually resemble her a lot as if she was her twin or something, bought their eyes is sparkling indicating how happy they where in the photo. I don’t know why I suddenly wish to see the same sparks in her eyes, it was different. My eyes then trail on the boy on the other side who was wearing the same glasses as hers. He was staring directly at her as she was pulling his arms. Could she perhaps had a brother. I look at him closely. No he doesn’t look like anything like her, he can’t be her brother maybe he was just a friend.

 

Friend? I stop.

 

My fist balled on the side as I held up the frame higher with the other hand. It can’t be? I try to remember the guy I encounter outside the office, I make up his face inside my head and once again look at the boy in the picture.

 

I think I knew where she went.

 

 

 

 

 

~o0o~