Chapter 8: Can I seat next to him?

God of Study: Revised Edition

 

-Baek Hyun’s POV-

He’s crazy forgetting about the chicken. For pete’s sake! THAT WAS HIS HALMEONI’S FAVORITE!!! How could he?? When was the last time he was holding the chicken? He kept thinking…

BH: Oh great! Those gangsters!!!! Aisshh. * he suddenly remembered that because he was too fired up to beat up those bastards, too eager to knock them down, the chicken accidentally slip off from his hand and fell on the ground and who knows what happened to it after* How can I be so reckless? *he sighed* Oh well, I have to keep up with this scarf.

He reached their home with only the scarf in his hand. He was really disappointed with himself. Whatever. Come what may. He then gave the scarf to his halmeoni. She was pleasantly surprised and grateful for the scarf.  At least with that, he was still happy.

 

At the school..

As usual, BH isn’t that much of paying attention to their teacher. He doesn’t have any interest for studying. But for the sake of his Halmeoni, he regularly comes to school because if not, he’s afraid that it’ll only break his halmeoni’s heart. He certainly doesn’t want that to happen. But sometimes, he manages to cut classes in between just to attend to the needs of his part time job. But of course, he sees to it that his halmeoni won’t know about it.

 

Their English subject is going to start soon. They were just waiting for their professor. And he hated that subject because it was too boring. So he was about to take a nap when something or should he say someone caught his attention. Saem (SM) was coming in with someone familiar.

SM: Attention Everyone, meet our new student here. She’s a transferee from a prestigious school; she’s your new classmate. Please introduce yourself my dear.

BH was certain that he wasn’t sleeping or anything but somehow still wonders if he was really awake.

HJ: Annyeonghasaeyo. Na Hyun Jung-imnida. *bows formally*

He wasn’t dreaming at all, he thought to himself. He didn’t know how to react. He was too stunned again, yeah right, that was for the 2nd time already that he's acting like a fool!

HJ: *she noticed him* Ah. Baek hyun-ah? *she looked closely at him by narrowing her eyes as if to see if it was really him*

BH: *He’s sure that he’d continue staring foolishly  if he didn’t notice that everyone was now looking at him. And he didn’t like the way they are looking at him* YAH! What’s wrong with you? *he shouted to his classmates.*

HJ: Baek Hyun ah!! It’s really you!! *his attention was back to her after scolding his classmates* We meet again!!! * she said cheerfully and then turned to saem* Saem!! Please do me a favor? *doing her aegyo*

SM: Anything.

HJ: Can I seat next to him?