Chapter 22: Revelations

God of Study: Revised Edition

 

-Baek Hyun’s POV-

 

He didn’t know what to feel exactly about HJ’s sudden outburst. He can’t help but feel sorry for her. How could he actually explain everything to her?

BH: *he shook his head* Mian hyun jung ah. I didn’t mean to be cold to you.

It’s just that I was having troubles that time and I somehow vented it all out to you..

I’m really sorry..  *he clearly has no idea how to continue from here*

HJ: Then would you mind sharing it with me? *Uh-oh. She can’t know yet.*

BH:*he looked at her with so much pain*

Not now. Maybe when the right time comes, when I’m ready. *he took a deep breath*

Would you wait until I’m ready? *he’s acting like a fool again, he thought*

HJ: *she smiled like an angel* No problem seobang. Of course I can wait.

*not only was she willing to wait, she’s also back to calling him seobang again? What more can he ask for?*

BH: *he can’t help but smile at her*

HJ: Just promise me something.

BH: What is it?

HJ: Don’t ever try avoiding me again. I can’t take it.

BH: If you can’t take it, why have you kept your distance away from me?

Why didn’t you try harder approaching me just like you always do?

HJ: That’s the only solution we can think of. I just clearly don’t know how to face you that time.

BH: we? What do you mean “we”?

HJ: Oh. That. I’ve asked for help from CD and he was the one who suggested to exchange seats and to ignore you as much as possible.

That was the only way we can come up with so not to bother you.

BH: That was why you purposely avoided me. It was CD’s idea all along.

*he can’t help but wonder to what extent are they having to share secrets together*

I thought you really hated me.

HJ: I never hated you. I have never felt even a tinge of hatred against you.

BH: *that was a relief hearing her say it out loud*

---------------------------------silence------------------------------------------

BH: Ahhhmm. *he tried breaking the ice but he can’t say it properly, his pride is eating him*

Hyun jung ahhh.. Is it my turn to know your answers too? *he’s breathing heavily*

HJ: What do you want to know?

BH: *it took all his might to say this a while ago, and now he needed courage to say it again to know for her answers. *

Why’d you choose to kiss him instead of telling him the truth?

*he can’t help but feel the butterflies in his stomach again*

HJ: *she looked at him intently* In as much as I wanted him to know the truth, I just don’t have the courage.

I know he deserves to know about it for he’s my best friend after all but.. *she shook her head*

BH: *he finally understood* I know. Harasso. Gwaenchana Hyun jung ah.

You don’t want to spoil his birthday because if he knew about it, he’ll choose your ticket rather than PL’s.

And if that happens, PL will be hurt and CD will forever be guilty about it.

HJ: I don’t want to burden him with that guilt. I don’t want to hurt PL too.

So, that’s the best thing I could do for them. *smiles*

BH: *he can’t help but admire her. She’s such a good friend.*

And you’d rather be misunderstood by everyone and let them think that you actually forgot about his birthday even though you know he'll be hurt

but that is shallow compared to the wound he’ll get if you did otherwise.

*he didn’t know where his words was coming from, he just knew. He simply understood everything, all at once*

HJ: Ohh. Keke. I never thought you could understand my feelings. I’m surprised you did.

BH: *even he, himself, was surprised about it* Of course I do. I’m your friend after all.

HJ: Hearing you say all that makes me feel a whole lot better. Kumowa seobang.

BH: Want to feel even better? *he’s crazy but he can’t help it*

HJ: What is it?

 

--------------------------

Thanks for all the feedbacks. It motivates me more to do even better. Bless you my readers. ~

And sorry again for leaving you hanging in there. Keke. Mian. The chapter’s so long already so I decided to cut it. 

Anyways, I'll update the other two chapters later this evening .. ^^