Chapter 37: As cold as Ice

God of Study: Revised Edition

-Baek Hyun’s POV-

 

He didn’t know how ideas are flowing to his head nonstop. Maybe because he was born to be a liar? He laughed at the thought.

 

BH:Good! Then here’s the plan.

First, tell CD that you are not going home together with him anymore

Second, if he asked why, tell him that your father has known about him and your closeness

and that he didn’t approve of it.

HJ:MWOH? Andwae!

BH:*he knew that their plain was kinda freaky but that’s the best thing he could come up with* Just let me finish first. Then after, tell him that that was what has been troubling you all along, that you’re just afraid to tell him that your father didn’t like him. You didn’t have much courage to face him. And since it came to this, you realized that maybe it’s the right time he needed to know about it.

HJ:That’s crazy.

BH:For the time being, Trust me. It’ll work.

 

-Hyun Jung’s POV-

 

BH’s idea was crazy. But she can’t risk losing CD’s one in a life time chance in fulfilling his dreams. Opportunity only knocks once. She can’t let it go. If he’d knew about BH joining the contest and what he’ll be using was originally intended for him, she’s certain that CD won’t attend the festival. She knew better. He was the type of person wherein emotions would come first before being reasonable. It’s not that she’s looking down on her BFF. It’s just that he'd rather not attend the event than to see someone else’s using the gift that was supposedly for him, especially now that it was from her. Yeah. He’s that kind of person. That’s his weakest link; his downside.

 

Even though he’s like that, she still loves the fact that he’s her BFF! In fact, he is the bestest friend she ever had in the world. She’s grateful to have been able to meet someone like him.

Now, all she needed to do is face him and proceed with the back-up plan.

 

School Camp..

Day 1

 

She decided to approach CD. She’ll stick with the back-up plan. More than anything in the world, his dreams were of the most importance.

 

They had a rough day with their 1stcamping in school. Before going to sleep, she then approached CD.

 

HJ:CD ah! *she whispered* Can we have a talk? *please Lord, let him agree*

CD:Sure. Let’s find a place where only the two of us can hear

HJ:I just know the perfect place. Kaja! *she’s nervous at how his expression was as cold as ice*