Chapter 43: Face-Off

God of Study: Revised Edition

-Chan Doo’s POV-

Announcer: All participants come up the stage now.

 

He was all so ready to face them right on. He’s ready to win over all of his opponents. As he stepped on the stage, he took a good look on each of them. They were all looking so common, so ordinary, nothing really surprised him but what he didn’t expect was the presence of BH! He looked closer to see more clearly. He thought he was just hallucinating but he wasn’t, BH even waved at him awkwardly.

 

He gave BH a what-are-you-doing-here-look, but he just smiled and scratched the back of his head. He then looked for HJ asking for answers but she gave him a worried-looking face.

 

The showdown started. They’ll be choosing on whom to challenge. And it’s up to the one they choose to accept their challenge or not. There are 10 participants all in all.

 

Though he had no idea on the purpose of BH for joining the contest, all he intended to do now is to challenge him. Instincts told him to beat him no matter what. Somehow he wanted to prove that in this field, BH didn’t stand a chance against him. More than anything, he felt the rush to show HJ that he’s the better man here.

 

-Baek Hyun’s POV-

 

He didn’t know exactly how to face CD. He was giving him questioning looks.

 

He was so preoccupied with CD that he didn’t manage to choose an opponent to challenge. He just simply stood there with everyone having to choose their own opponents already. He was looking for someone who hasn’t challenged anyone yet but he was greatly astounded on who was approaching him now and challenged him. It was CD. He felt like he didn’t have enough courage to face him but he needed to face him right on.