Chapter 60: Letting go

God of Study: Revised Edition

-Baek Hyun’s POV-

 

PL:BH ah. Can I talk to you for a minute?

BH:Ne?

CD:Yah! Are you deaf? Or you’re just playing dumb? She wanted to talk you alone! Now, go away.

BH:Is that so PL ah? *he turned to look at HJ and CD* I’ll be back later.

He followed PL silently. He wondered what they were going to talk about. It seemed serious that they have to talk alone. He didn’t have a good feeling about this.

Meanwhile..

 

-Hyun Jung’s POV-

 

BG:I think someone’s going to confess. I’m really proud of her.

CD:So we were actually right about her feelings after all?

HJ:What are you two talking about? *She felt a little uneasy about it*

BG:Haven’t you noticed it HJ ah? Uri PL likes BH.

HJ:MWOH? Does it mean that the reason why she wants to talk to him alone is for her to confess to seobang? *somehow she felt a pang in her stomach after realizing about it*

BG:Ohh. And we just hope for the best.

She felt a little down when she felt like BG is rooting for a PL-BH pairing.

CD:HJ ah. Please be honest with me. Are you afraid that BH might actually accept PL’s confessions? Are you jealous?

HJ:Why would I? It would be for the best if that ever happens. *She lied*

CD:So does that mean I have a chance?

 

On the other hand..

-Pul lip’s POV-

PL:Chogi. BH ah *her face stoop down low*

BH:What is it PL ah? Why are you not facing me?

PL:Chuahe. *she gripped her hands, forcing herself not to lose compose of herself*

BH:Neh? But..

PL:*sighs heavily* I knew it.

BH: What do you mean?

PL:You love HJ, right?

BH:Mian PL ah.

PL:Ssssh. You don’t have to pity on me. It’s only that it hurts because we were the ones who knew each other for a long time long before HJ appeared. But I know it, the moment she set forth in this school, something has changed about you. But despite that, I still like you and somehow wished that along the way you’d like me too. I almost believed that if I hold on to you long enough, you might see me. I thought what we shared for a long time would be my saving grace but it turned out that I was wrong. You only see her. You only have your heart for her. But of course, don’t you feel burdened about me, I’m only telling my feelings now so I can officially let you go. *she took a deep breath while tears started welling up her eyes*

BH: I never thought you’d feel that way towards me PL ah. I really am sorry.

PL: Don’t be sorry. I also  never have thought that I’d feel this way towards you, if only  I can teach my heart on whom to love, I’d not choose you because I know I can never be the person in your heart. And so, I understand that just as how I can’t force myself to stop loving you is how much you feel the same way for HJ. More than anyone else, I understand you. And I wanted you to be happy.

BH:You’re being too nice PL ah. What have I done to earn this respect from you? If only I took notice of you way before HJ came, maybe I might have fallen in love with you.

PL:Pssh. Don’t try to comfort me. You’re making it too hard for me to let you go.

BH: Still, I am thankful for your wide understanding.