Chapter 38: Another bunch of lies

God of Study: Revised Edition

-Chan Doo’s POV-

 

HJ:  CD ah. *she whispered* Can we have a talk?*he was hesitant but somehow he just can’t turn her down like that*

CD:  Sure. Let’s find a place where only the two of us can hear. *he wanted no more meddling from anyone as much as possible*

HJ:  I just know the perfect place, Kaja!

 

They went to a place where he hasn’t been before.  She sure knows a lot of hidden places in this school considered that the fact that he’d stayed here in this school more than her. The place looks some kind of a stock room. They awkwardly sat in silence for awhile.

 

HJ:  CD ah. I’ve been meaning to tell you this. *Is he really ready to hear everything from her? Even though he knew about it already, it isn’t the same coming directly from her* about forgetting your birthday... *she took a deep breath.he waited* It was because of Appa.

CD:  Your appa? It’s not about BH? *he’s shocked at how her appa was mentioned here, he rarely hear her talk about her father*

HJ:  What do you mean about seobang?

CD:  Is it not about his avoidance and bleakness to you that you’re troubled with that’s why you even overlooked my birthday? *and that they were able to make up and they even became more than friends*

HJ:  What? Where’d you get that from?

CD:  Kunyang. That was your problem even before my birthday. And I’m surprised at how you two are getting along really well on my birthday.

HJ:  Chogi. You’re mistaken. It’s nothing like that. It was all about my dad. And BH knew about it. That’s why he acted like that.

CD:  He knew about it? But not me? *is he even her BFF if it’s like that?*

HJ:  Ohh..

CD:  Why? What about your father that troubles you so much?

HJ: *she gave another heavy sigh* Abuji didn’t want our closeness. He didn’t like you.

CD:  MWOH?? *he’s not hearing right*

HJ:  Ohh.. You heard it right. *she shook her head* It’s true. And I’m really  sorry for forgetting about your bday.

CD:  I don’t really care about that much anymore. In fact, I don’t give a damn after hearing you out. But how’d you respond with your dad?

HJ:  I.. He t-told m-e.. *she’s stuttering* Mian CD ah. But I won’t be coming to school together with you nor going home together.

CD: NEH? *he can’t take this* Is that it? You didn’t even fight for your right? I mean, I totally forgive you about forgetting my bday but why haven’t you tried fighting for your BFF?? I’m not that harmful you know.

HJ: I’m really sorry. That’s all I wanted to talk about.

 

She again, for the second time actually, walked away from him. He can’t believe what’s happening to them.

 

-Hyun Jung’s POV-

Will he believe it? He must! But she’s feeling really guilty for covering up her lies with another bunch of lies.