Chapter 52: Movie date

God of Study: Revised Edition

-Hyun Jung’s POV-                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          

It was already PL’s birthday and so was hers. Everyone’s so busy preparing surprises and gifts for PL’s. They were all so excited to celebrate the day for PL. Oh well, she should feel envious but thing is she’s not, a little sad but not envious, she got used to it already that no one celebrates her birthday with her. Ever since her parents left her, no one ever knew about her birthday.

 

Actually, there was one who greeted her on that day. One good soul. It was a text message from the shop which she was often buying clothes at. At least, after how many years, someone greeted her even though it was only through phone message and even though it was just from a store. She decided to keep the message. It felt great to see a greeting for her after a long time. So she felt in the mood to celebrate someone else’s birthday even though not one of them has any idea that it was also her birthday today.

 There was one time where in they attempted to ask her about her birthday but she managed to change the topic because she was still aloof around them during that time because it was only her first year in the school. The second time they attempted was last year wherein she also decided to change the topic because she learned that she had the same birthday with PL. So now, on her third year of her stay in this school, no one still discovered the date of her birthday. Even her BFF didn’t know about it but she was wishing that at least CD could’ve tried to search about it, at least ask their teachers or anything just to know about it. But err; he really didn’t do anything about it. So she just let it be.

 

Oh well, thanks to the store who greeted her that she’s in a good mood today!

They went to BG’s restaurant to celebrate PL’s birthday there just as planned. BG didn’t let them pay anything. He said it was his treat for PL. She also prepared baked cookies for PL as her gift for her. CD , on the other hand, bought movie tickets for them to go at after eating. Seobang, on his usual self, didn’t bring any. :D

 

They happily ate and finished the food BG’s parents prepared for them. Then, they went on with their movie date. They let PL take the pleasure to choose the movie they’ll be watching. And so PL chose a horror film entitled, Death Bell 2.

 

They finished the film leaving her knees wobble. And so when she tried to get up from her seat, her knees failed her making her fall right back to her seat but unexpectedly ,two pairs of hand caught her right before she could fall, one from her right and another from her left..

BH: Yah! Na hyun jung! What’s wrong?

CD:  hyun jung ah.. Gwaenchana?