Chapter 5: His heart skip a beat

God of Study: Revised Edition

 

-Baek Hyun’s POV-

Coming from his part time job around 8 in the evening, he bought some freshly cooked chicken for his Halmeoni. *He was extremely excited because he just received his pay-off from his job and wanted to surprise his halmeoni.*

 

After buying chicken, he still has a lot of bucks left, he’s planning to spend it all for his halmeoni. He decided to buy a scarf for her. And on his way to the store, he heard a  girl screaming!

 

BH: someone seriously needs my help. Omo. Ottoke? *he said that whispering*

 

He ran towards the screaming voice and found a gang composing of 4 boys bullying a girl maybe his age. He can’t see clearly the face of the girl because the gang surrounded her. A boy was on the verge of slapping the girl when suddenly his instincts told him to grab the boy’s hand..

BH: yah! What do you think you’re doing? *the other 3 boys glared at him but he didn’t care he punched him right to his face! The other 3 went all the same time aiming at him but they were too late BH already knocked them down.*

The girl was shivering and she was covering her ears with her hands and her eyes was tightly closed. BH can sense that the girl was greatly frightened. He can’t help but feel very protective of this girl.

BH: Miss.. * he was awkwardly trying to approach her but the girl shrieked.*

??: Don’t touch me! *she’s still shivering and her eyes still closed*

BH: No, I won’t. But it’s okay now. I won’t harm you. The bad guys are gone. Open your eyes and Look. * he showed the guys on the ground all unconscious and blood stained*

??: *slowly opens her eyes and turns towards where BH was pointing.*ohhhh.. You saved me! *she cried and hugged him unknowingly. *

BH: *shocked but hugged back and brush her hair* There. There. Don’t worry. What are you doing in this dark alley btw?

??: *the girl stopped crying , released him from her hug and face him* I was on my way home then suddenly these guys were trying to get money from me and then when I refused they started hurting me.

BH: *When he saw now clearly the girl’s face, he didn’t even know if he’s able to swallow what the girl was saying, he was definitely starstrucked. His heart skip a beat.*