Chapter 53: She patted his head

God of Study: Revised Edition

-Baek Hyun’s POV-

 

BH: Yah! Na hyun jung! What’s wrong?

CD:  hyun jung ah.. Gwaenchana?

HJ: Gwaenchana. You don’t need to worry.

BH: Be careful next time, harasso? *Aigoo. He was really worried with this girl. How can she be so clumsy? *

HJ: Ohh!!! Kaja! Don’t worry CD-ah, seobang, I’m more than fine. The film was just too scary that I can’t help but lose my energy.. haha..

 

As they were leaving, he saw that HJ’s phone was left on her seat. He picked it up. He didn’t give it right back because he’ll have to for being so careless, that she didn’t even notice that her handy phone was gone.

 

Their next stop would be on the amusement park but before they started on with rides, the girls went for the comfort room while CD and BG bought for foods. He, for the time being, was left alone in the park to wait for the girls.

 

While waiting, he can’t help but get curious on HJ’s phone. He started browsing it, hoping to find something to , but ended up finding an odd message. A recent message from a store just greeted HJ a happy birthday.

 

Now that he thinks about it, they never knew HJ’s birth date and whenever they got curious about it, somehow the topic was always diverted to something else.

 

BH: It’s impossible that all this time, her birthday was the same as PL’s! Baltuande!*he whispered to himself* But why would she save this kind of message if it’s just a prank?

 

Then as if to confirm his doubts, someone called for HJ and it was Saem. He answered for it and was taken aback at the words of their teacher.

 

“Sengil Chukkasaeyo HJ ah! Mian for the late greetings, I’ve been really busy these past few hours. OH well, Have a great day sweetheart! “

 

BH: *oh no, this is so not happening again. She’s like this again when PL bought the same ticket for CD. Why does she have to hide everything?* Saem. This is BH.

SM: Oh Chincha? Where’s HJ?

BH: She’s in the restroom with PL. I’m waiting for them.

SM: Is that so? But I can’t call her again because I’m really busy today. Just extend my greetings for her, harasso?

BH: Ne saem.

 

The call ended. He still can’t believe that HJ’s birthday all along was today. He wondered how was she feeling all this time celebrating someone else’s birthday instead of hers..

BH: Now what to do? Eottoke? *an idea came up to his mind and just then, the two girls already came.*

HJ: Seobang! Where’s CD ah and BG ah? Why are you alone?

BH: *she’s really good at hiding her feelings. Aishh. Chincha.* They bought us some snacks and they let me wait for you two.

PL: Aigoo. Poor BH ah. *she patted his head.*