Chapter 31: Truth and Lies

God of Study: Revised Edition

-Baek  Hyun's POV-

 

"Everyone, back to your seats! "

 

Both of them hurriedly went to their respected seats. Whew! It was only now that he was thankful that their Math teacher was strict. At least for now, their attention is diverted to the class. At least it'll be buy him more time to think about what to tell them. He's certain that they'll not stop nagging them if they weren't able to give them answers.

 

Lunch Time..

 

PL: So, what about it? Why are you both late? And why did it seem like you went to school together? Are we missing on something?

BH: *Think ! They shouldn't know anything about their dance practice yesterday or about what happened last night. Or else they'd soon find out about the dance ticket and all* I.. helped halmeoni do some chores, her waist was aching so he needed my help. And about HJ, I just met her coincidentally at the school gate. *hopefully, they'd buy the idea* That's why we came in at the same time. Neh, HJ ah? * he gave her the look which was telling her to just go on with the flow*

HJ: Ohh. Seobang is right. It just so happened that I was late too and we accidentally met at the school gate. Anyways, I was late because I was baking a cake and some cookies,you know,  I just couldn't leave it. And I was waiting for you CD ah! Why didn't you come and pick me up?

*she pouted.. haha.. Nice one HJ, he thought, ahh. shes good at changing the topic. *

I was supposed to give you all what I baked if only  you have pick me up but look at what happened,such a waste.  

 

-Chan Doo's POV-

 

 HJ: I was supposed to give you all what I baked if only you have pick me up but look at what happened, such a waste.

CD: *she didn't like the way she sounded* So, I turned out to be the one at fault here now? Did I ask you to do all that? You were clearly the one who forgot about my birthday! *Oh no, it accidentally slipped off his tongue,now what! pabo! *

 

Everyone looked at him with pity on their faces. He was embarrassed at how his feelings revealed just like that. How can he be so careless? He can't take back what he has said so he might as well continue.

 

CD: HJ ah! Do you honestly want to know why I didn't pick you up? *he was tired of lying to everyone, especially to himself*

HJ:  Are you still mad at me because I wasn's able to remember your birthday? *she shook her head, it was like she was controlling her tears to fall*

CD: What if I say I am? *he thought he could say it already but it was easier to tell her that he was mad than to admit that he was actually hurt*

BH: Yah! Hong Chan Doo!!

*why is BH suddenly meddling here?*

HJ: BH ah. Gwaenchana. I'm the one at fault here. So CD ah, that figures why you weren't able to pick me up. I can't blame you. I'm really sorry for being such a bad BFF. *she sadly looked at him*